VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I was talking about the restrictions on reacting to posts on F95. I agree I don't like seeing the milking posts either, but I disagree about posts about Kaija. She is a main part of the story so she is going to be talked about. How she comes across to readers is relevant as it is part of the story.
Hheh...and to think, they have been increased once already lol

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
I was talking about the restrictions on reacting to posts on F95. I agree I don't like seeing the milking posts either, but I disagree about posts about Kaija. She is a main part of the story so she is going to be talked about. How she comes across to readers is relevant as it is part of the story.
I totally agree with you. The discussions between the pros and cons Kaija are interesting and are talking about the game itself. Fine with me !

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

The season's upon us, it's that time of year
Brandy and eggnog, there's plenty of cheer
There's lights on the trees and there's wreaths to be hung
There's mischief and mayhem and songs to be sung
Christmas is just around the corner, and the latest release of The Neverwhere Tales lies behind us.
Time to do the usual end-of-the-year stuff like drinking ourselves uncons.. eh looking back, I mean.
And on what lies ahead of us.
The release of the latest chapter went really smoothly. I'm not aware of any issues with the game itself outside of two missing lines in the French translation.
Thanks to all the beta testers who helped to make that possible.
The feedback for the new Chapter was almost exclusively positive despite the lack of "content" in certain areas.
Overall, I'm still baffled by how many people like what I'm doing. I never expected that when I started working on the game.
So a huge thank you to everyone who played the game and especially to those who share their thoughts about it.
It helps me to get a new perspective on the game and to develop myself further.
Enough of the looking back part, this post is called "The Road Ahead" for a reason.
The next year will be an exciting one because of the Steam release and Chapters 5 and 6 being a bit different than the first 4.
As announced a few weeks back, I'll release The Neverwhere Tales in Early Access on Steam in the summer. The exact release date depends on the completion of Chapter 5.
The release price for Early Access will be (most likely) 10.99$ and will rise with more content available.
The store page is already online:
If you want to support me and help with the Steam release, feel free to wishlist. Wishlists are extremely important for new games to get some visibility on Steam!
I spent the last several days setting up the first game build which got approved by Steam today.
While waiting for the approval, I created the necessary icons for the Steam achievements (43 icons... fun...) and set up a free demo (page + build) which includes the story up to the end of Chapter 3.
The demo page will be released within the next few weeks but before February 2024. I'll participate in the Steam NextFest in February 2024 and having a demo out is mandatory for that.
And a free trial never hurts, which brings me to my next point.
I already mentioned it with the Steam announcement, I need to paywall the game. You can't undercut Steam with your prices in other stores (let alone give it away for free).
While Steam does allow free games, it doesn't allow links that lead to other sites/stores. So having a free game on Steam with a link to Patreon or anything else won't work.
The options to get access to The Neverwhere Tales will be:
- pledging the Chaplain tier for immediate access. There will be a new version of the tier priced at 13$, the 10$ one will get deactivated but those who pledged before the change will stay in it. Both versions will have access to every new build.
- pledging ANY tier for a lifetime pledge equal to or higher than the Steam price (for example: 3 months of Mercenary tier or 11 months of Grunt tier)
- buy the game on Steam
- buy the game on
Anyone who pledged for an amount equal to or higher than the Steam price can ask me for a free Steam key.
I try to keep that stuff as fair as possible. If you have any ideas/suggestions/whatever for improvements, feel free to contact me.
Capitalist topic - check. Off to more enjoyable topics.
The plan for Chapters 5 and 6.
Chapters 5 and 6 will be different than the first four chapters.
Up until now, I tried to balance the content between story, relationship building with the LIs, and side content (yeah, yeah I know... some will say I failed).
Due to the story, that won't work with Chapters 5 and 6.
There will be almost no content for Kaija, Elea, and Fiona in Chapter 5. It'll focus on a very specific part of the world where it doesn't make sense for them to show up.
I'll go into more detail with one of the Dev Logs early next year.
But it'll feature content with a few side girls again (hint hint).
Chapter 6 will be the exact opposite. It'll focus on the relationships with Kaija, Elea, and Fiona.
It'll give you the chance to spend more time with each one of them and will advance their personal stories
The main story will have a part in both Chapters, but at a slower pace than in Chapter 4 and it's not the main focus of both chapters.
I already started working (a bit) on Chapter 5 besides all the Steam-related stuff but with Christmas coming up, the first real Dev Update for Chapter 5 will be at the end of the first week in January.
I guess that's it for now, I wish you all a Merry Christmas with your loved ones.
The table's set, we raise a toast, the father, son, and the Holy Ghost
I'm so glad this day only comes once a year
You can keep your opinions, your presents, your happy new year
They call this Christmas where I'm from
Ceolag

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Bro
I'm already planning my honeymoon
No girl will come between me & Kaija

Although I will admit MedB is very alluring
Well, Medb isn't a side girl either. lol

Stick with this hottie! She was always, is and will be always by your side through anything and everything.
Pass. Tried that. Broke my immersion. Fiona is the one for me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: xapican

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Well, Medb isn't a dide girl either. lol

Pass. Tried that. Broke my immersion. Fiona is the one for me.
Yeah, I know Medb isn't a side girl
I was just saying I find her interesting
But not enough to ignore my love with Kaija

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Yeah, I know Medb isn't a side girl
I was just saying I find her interesting
But not enough to ignore my love with Kaija
We'll see. Medb is the Elves version of Kaija. Just sayin. Thing is, Kaija, is a liar. She broke trust. You might be able to get over all of that and that's fine. Now, picture this: If Medb is the Elvish version of Kaija, which she is, think how much stronger that love will be without all the past bs. An actual honest relationship. Something to consider, lil bro.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Don't worry everyone
Kaija & I will be ok
Our relationship is strong it can survive anything

Also, just so everyone knows
I already have my box of condoms ready I don't want any little Joshy's running around just yet.
Your relationship, but not you, just concerned about your well being bro..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie
4.40 star(s) 38 Votes