VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 45 Votes

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Hey everyone,

as promised, a short update before I go on vacation.

Steam update:

As I already mentioned, the game will be released to Steam on September 6th.
The 2 weeks before the release are usually the most important because they give a game the most visibility.
If you haven't wishlisted the game yet, now might be a good time to do so. Or to tell your friends about it ;-)

I admit I'm a bit nervous about the release although everything is ready. It's still a huge step for me, especially since I didn't intend to do that when I started working on TNT.

Thanks again to everyone who has been supporting me till today, I'm really glad to have you guys with me on this ride.

Chapter 6 update:

As mentioned last week, I'm planning the content/scenes for Chapter 6.
One result of that is that I'm (most likely) going to push the ending of Chapter 6 into Chapter 7.
The reason for this is, that the planned ending for Chapter 6 would've been a huge cliffhanger.
To give you some context: I don't consider Chapter 5's ending a cliffhanger - all the info is there. So if I talk about a cliffhanger, you probably get the idea...

With several months between Chapters, it felt wrong to leave you hanging for that long. The content itself doesn't get changed.

I also started writing the first scenes dealing with the end of Chapter 5 and the script file is at 402 lines as of now.
I'll most likely continue to write the next scenes while on vacation and when I'm back, I'll have quite a bit to catch up on when I'll start posing the renders for Chapter 6.

I'll post the first "real" Dev Update with the usual numbers for lines, renders, etc on September 6th together with the Steam launch.

Have a nice weekend ahead.
Cheers,
Ceolag
Enjoy your break, but not so much you forget to come back.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Dont know if the comparison has been made before, but is Fiona inspired by Granuaile from "The Iron Druid Chronicles"? Or is there another character and maybe both are based on that? Anyway absolutely love her :)
Not actually heard that one before. Btw if you're not aware, we do have a Lore & Legend thread (can be found in OP) also where we discuss this type of stuff so all theories etc are easy to find in one place. You should head over there and take a peek :)

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Just finished the update, i know a bit late and have arround 40 pages to catch up....

Really great update, the best so far, enjoyed to burn the bridges after the poor excuses from the parents and the 'fuck the templars' choice was nice...but that ending...you are really cruel Ceolag.
Finnabair was one of the best characters, she would have my first choice for LI...honestly even better than her mother.

I really want a second chat with Nimue, we clearly got the wrong sword here. Excalibur is it, it's time for war and a lot of rolling heads, like templars and everyone even remotly connected to Finnabair's fate :mad:

Last edited:

Yokanzo

May 19, 2022
Do you actually side with the templars or elves with that “fuck the templars” choice? Or is it more your reaction in that given moment.

Im kinda torn because they seem really cool and Kaija seems super loyal to the protagonist. But they also seem like dicks.

In my game I went with all the calm responses with the parents. I’d probably have taken a similar approach.

Reactions: xapican

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Do you actually side with the templars or elves with that “fuck the templars” choice? Or is it more your reaction in that given moment.

Im kinda torn because they seem really cool and Kaija seems super loyal to the protagonist. But they also seem like dicks.

In my game I went with all the calm responses with the parents. I’d probably have taken a similar approach.
As someone who despises every single character in this game except for Jessica and Mac I kinda just wish I could join the Hellspawn :LOL:

I went with a different approach with the parents too. Fuck 'em!
001.png
Sitting at 0 points with Fiona, Kaija and Elea. I hope other LI's get added eventually because if these are our options, I'm out :(
Which is a shame because the writing and story are ok. Characters are just absolutely abysmal to me.

I think this is the first ever AVN I tried out that doesn't have a single character I find attractive. Not one! Fuck me o_O (scratch that, Jessica is decent looking)

Last edited:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
As someone who despises every single character in this game except for Jessica and Mac I kinda just wish I could join the Hellspawn :LOL:

I went with a different approach with the parents too. Fuck 'em!
View attachment 3942282
Sitting at 0 points with Fiona, Kaija and Elea. I hope other LI's get added eventually because if these are our options, I'm out :(
Which is a shame because the writing and story are ok. Characters are just absolutely abysmal to me.

I think this is the first ever AVN I tried out that doesn't have a single character I find attractive. Not one! Fuck me o_O
Well i have a save with ''let the door open'', i really, really hope we get the chance to tell the parents to fuck off directly in their face, not the roundabout way over the sister...

I can understand why people dislike Kaija or even Medb, but what reasons are there to despise Fiona or Elea ?
Also no attractive characters...just what girl are you looking for :unsure:

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Well i have a save with ''let the door open'', i really, really hope we get the chance to tell the parents to fuck off directly in their face, not the roundabout way over the sister...

I can understand why people dislike Kaija or even Medb, but what reasons are there to despise Fiona or Elea ?
Also no attractive characters...just what girl are you looking for :unsure:
Literally finished my first playthrough yesterday. Hadn't played previous versions. The first chapter has a SERIOUS problem with characters faces. They all look like weird mutants. I shutdown Elea and Fiona early based on that and they never resurfaced. From chapter 2 on it gets better but still there is something not quite right with the main cast's faces.

Actually I lied, Jessica is the only one that's kinda decent looking but she's also not an LI and I don't see an incest tag so she might as well be a man :ROFLMAO:

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I think this is the first ever AVN I tried out that doesn't have a single character I find attractive. Not one! Fuck me o_O
you must have higher standards than me. physically no idea how you can't find Fiona or Medb attractive at the very least. But if you are talking about more than physical appearance, I kind almost see it with everyone but Elea. Cause Everyone else is either a unknown or done something that I can understand why someone may not like them. ( this is assuming she didn't do something in the update , ive yet to play it)

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
you must have higher standards than me. physically no idea how you can't find Fiona or Medb attractive at the very least. But if you are talking about more than physical appearance, I kind almost see it with everyone but Elea. Cause Everyone else is either a unknown or done something that I can understand why someone may not like them. ( this is assuming she didn't do something in the update , ive yet to play it)
Not really. It's just their faces I think. Maybe it's the style or something but the characters don't look quite right, especially early on. I went and unlocked the gallery with URM and checked out everything. My opinion stands. I don't find any female character the least bit attractive if we count out Jessica.

Dude the Templars are all fucking despicable. At least the Elves have a reason to be hostile and mean. I think Linnae kinda becomes cool later on but my opinion of her was already soured from the start so I just shut her down from there. Man even the parents are huge assholes. I was getting mad at Jessica for even standing up for them and I like her quite a bit.

EDIT: The only way I could enjoy the game was going full scorched earth with a "fuck everybody" attitude. So much so that I'm really rooting for the Hellspawn :p

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Not really. It's just their faces I think. Maybe it's the style or something but the characters don't look quite right, especially early on. I went and unlocked the gallery with URM and checked out everything. My opinion stands. I don't find any female character the least bit attractive if we count out Jessica.

Dude the Templars are all fucking despicable. At least the Elves have a reason to be hostile and mean. I think Linnae kinda becomes cool later on but my opinion of her was already soured from the start so I just shut her down from there. Man even the parents are huge assholes. I was getting mad at Jessica for even standing up for them and I like her quite a bit.

EDIT: The only way I could enjoy the game was going full scorched earth with a "fuck everybody" attitude. So much so that I'm really rooting for the Hellspawn :p
ah I see tbh I never really noticed anything off about their faces other than maybe Elea to be honest but I don't notice alot of small details like that. So maybe cause I don't have a keen eye for such things easy for me to not notice. But then again I tend to go with the mind set of I don't really care how a LI looks personally I just need to like their character. Some of my favorite LI aren't super attractive to me physically.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
ah I see tbh I never really noticed anything off about their faces other than maybe Elea to be honest but I don't notice alot of small details like that. So maybe cause I don't have a keen eye for such things easy for me to not notice. But then again I tend to go with the mind set of I don't really care how a LI looks personally I just need to like their character. Some of my favorite LI aren't super attractive to me physically.
I care way more about how they are written than how they look like. A girl could be the best looking one out there, but if she is written terribly, or if she is a total bitch character then I most likely won't play that path.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I care way more about how they are written than how they look like. A girl could be the best looking one out there, but if she is written terribly, or if she is a total bitch character then I most likely won't play that path.
I think that's why a lot of people ended up liking Finnabair and will eventually like Medb as well. Those asshole characters can be redeemable if written well enough.

Medb is definitely going to be the LI i go for during my playthrough (tho if Linnae ever gets LI status i might change my mind) and that's coming from someone who is playing the game with neutral alignment.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
same here sort of the character can be written poorly or come a across a bit boring or uninteresting but if I find myself still liking her character for the character I could care less about her looks. Total bitch character really depends for me there are some I can like and others I can't it isn't black and white where I dislike or hate all characters with that trait.

tho I tend to play almost every path even character I dont like, takes a special character for me not to play their path

Reactions: tslojr and Dr.TSoni

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Actually I lied, Jessica is the only one that's kinda decent looking but she's also not an LI and I don't see an incest tag so she might as well be a man :ROFLMAO:
Hey now, nothing against Mac :ROFLMAO:
Thought, speaking about the males, i like the model of the MC's father way better than the MC's, Oberon's as well.

Hm, honestly i never felt like they look off. I quite like Fionas look. But yes Jess is one of the more attractive ones.

Fully agree going for scorched earth against the Templars.
Linnae is actually the only templar i find likeable...so far. Which means she is probably a traitor, as something like a likeable templar doesn't exist :unsure:

Jep, also got quite pissed at Jess for talking shit like, ''if you would think about anyone else than yourself...and how hard the parents had it'',quite rich after the shit their parents did and the more than pathetic excuses, like ''...you just got a job'', (well some years ago, anyways).
Add to that, she didn't get a lying gf as present and didn't get nearly killed on several occasions.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Thought, speaking about the males, i like the model of the MC's father way better than the MC's, Oberon's as well.
100%!
I think in general the side characters, npc's and extra's faces are so much more polished than the main ones. It's weird. First time I saw Kaija I wanted my MC to jump out of the window. I mean I know the guy is no prize, looking like an inbred goober with a mild case of Down's but still he's the MC of an AVN! Surely he can do better :LOL:

Somehow her personality manages to be even uglier than her looks. Easily my least favorite character of the bunch. My top 5 would probably be:
1. - Jessica
2. - Mac
3. - Kate
4. - Lugh (a fucking animal!)
5. - Succubus (demon bitch who tried to kill the MC)

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Fiona gets best girl for me. Hands down. No one else is close. She's a cute redhead, dances and loves her doggy. That makes her lovable and she hasn't lied to me. She admits she's got some dark secret in her past but isn't ready to talk about it yet. That's fair. Early on I liked Elea, the exotic beauty, who also turned out to be the come here, come here, no, go away, go away girl. What a tease. Medb hated it so bad that I saved her life she lost her mind and control of her magic and almost killed me. Her next trick involved a little deadpan deception to get her life debt cleared. I think she missed her true calling; shoulda been a banker. Finnabair might have made an interesting mate had she not, also, tried to kill me... twice... for keeping the sword as a reward for saving her mom. Kari could have been a contender for LI except right after the earth shattering orgasm I gave her she tried to humiliate me saying I lacked stamina... WTF? Neither Linnae nor Kate have pissed me off, tried to steal from or kill me... yet... so, I guess they could still be in the running. Forget about Kaja, Mom and Dad. They were all in cahoots and lied to me for half my life. Come to think; Linnae was, technically, in on that one too. I guess she's out. Overall, not the friendliest or most honest bunch of folks. Yeah. I'm thinkin' me, Fiona and the Shaggy Dog; Walkin' off into the sunset...

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I'm thinkin' me, Fiona and the Shaggy Dog; Walkin' off into the sunset...
I've said this before, but yes please. Do an early ending where you say fuck all of this templar/elf bullshit and walk into the sunet with the cute redhead :ROFLMAO:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: motseer

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
Fiona gets best girl for me. Hands down. No one else is close. She's a cute redhead, dances and loves her doggy. That makes her lovable and she hasn't lied to me. She admits she's got some dark secret in her past but isn't ready to talk about it yet. That's fair. Early on I liked Elea, the exotic beauty, who also turned out to be the come here, come here, no, go away, go away girl. What a tease. Medb hated it so bad that I saved her life she lost her mind and control of her magic and almost killed me. Her next trick involved a little deadpan deception to get her life debt cleared. I think she missed her true calling; shoulda been a banker. Finnabair might have made an interesting mate had she not, also, tried to kill me... twice... for keeping the sword as a reward for saving her mom. Kari could have been a contender for LI except right after the earth shattering orgasm I gave her she tried to humiliate me saying I lacked stamina... WTF? Neither Linnae nor Kate have pissed me off, tried to steal from or kill me... yet... so, I guess they could still be in the running. Forget about Kaja, Mom and Dad. They were all in cahoots and lied to me for half my life. Come to think; Linnae was, technically, in on that one too. I guess she's out. Overall, not the friendliest or most honest bunch of folks. Yeah. I'm thinkin' me, Fiona and the Shaggy Dog; Walkin' off into the sunset...
What? Motseer thinks the redhead is the best girl?

fry-shocked-well-not-really.gif

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: motseer
4.40 star(s) 45 Votes