VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 45 Votes

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
seems like you stopped and judged the characters purely on the very first impressions and shut all their stories down after that.
That is correct. If you're not interested in the characters you probably won't be interested in their stories, right?. But let me put your mind at ease, I've seen every bit of content in the game already. Every scene, including the final funeral one that didn't trigger in my playthrough. And I haven't changed my mind :)

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
just have to say it since I haven't been on this thread in awhile as I still have yet to play the update. But Kaija is still my best girl and honestly she is probably the 2nd hottest to me in physical attraction.
Really? Damn...radically different tastes. She has a very masculine facial structure. I can't see this 003.png as pretty.

Sure it beats this 002.png but that's not saying much considering this looks like an alien in a human skin suit :ROFLMAO:

I might even rename him to Edgar :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Really? Damn...radically different tastes. She has a very masculine facial structure. I can't see this View attachment 3942956 as pretty.

Sure it beats this View attachment 3942958 but that's not saying much considering this looks like an alien in a human skin suit :ROFLMAO:
yeah idk I don't really see it at all that much maybe very slightly. But that is just the face she has a amazing athletic sexy body as well

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
RNasc444 joins another thread.
Me: It would be great if he liked it here, moved in, and the certain other thread got a break from him.
As someone who despises every single character in this game except for Jessica and Mac...
My opinion stands. I don't find any female character the least bit attractive if we count out Jessica...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
That is correct. If you're not interested in the characters you probably won't be interested in their stories, right?. But let me put your mind at ease, I've seen every bit of content in the game already. Every scene, including the final funeral one that didn't trigger in my playthrough. And I haven't changed my mind :)
maybe you just enjoy playing the sigma type. nothing wrong with that. there is an appeal in this game too. and the lewd animations are stiff and stuttery, they destroy the immersion. so you are not missing anything :D honestly, the game could work without any sex scene, just with the story alone, or stick to static renders instead.

Reactions: RNasc4444

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
RNasc444 joins another thread.
Me: It would be great if he liked it here, moved in, and the certain other thread got a break from him.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not gonna happen bud, I like it over there. Won't be staying here :LOL:

But I did try this one out and just wanted to get some thoughts out. Cool game, just not my type ;)

Reactions: yossa999

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
maybe you just enjoy playing the sigma type. nothing wrong with that. there is an appeal in this game too. and the lewd animations are stiff and stuttery, they destroy the immersion. so you are not missing anything :D honestly, the game could work without any sex scene, just with the story alone, or stick to static renders instead.
I'm actually fine with the animations. That doesn't bother me. The renders are also good. The story and writing is also more than decent enough. My only complaints are about the characters themselves. There isn't anyone I find interesting or attractive. And the main cast's faces don't sit quite right with me. All else is cool :cool:

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
Not gonna happen bud, I like it over there. Won't be staying here :LOL:

But I did try this one out and just wanted to get some thoughts out. Cool game, just not my type ;)
:KEK: :KEK: :KEK:
Frankly, your thoughts on Kaija's look wasn't much different from my first impression.
[...] There's only one thing about her that bothers me. I can't shake the feeling that her face is a composite of several male and female portraits. Even though I've seen her in the shower, I'm still afraid that she's hiding something under her skirt. :KEK:
But I like her more and more as the story progresses, and I find the latest renders with her quite attractive, I think she looks better then in the first chapters. However, yeah, her face is a bit... unusual.

I can't say much about Elea, I'm still too lazy to play her route, but Fiona and Medb... I can imagine someone not liking one of them, but both... :WutFace:
Please ignore my reply in another game's thread about how with such a wide range of attractive girls, it's impossible for someone to not find a girl to their liking. This certainly doesn't apply to you, you have... hmm... quite excuisite taste :KEK:

So what about young dead Finnabair? Too ugly?

Reactions: RNasc4444

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Update was great. ton of content delivered quite quickly compared to others.
Up to chapter 4 there were 4 lewd scenes, and there are 3 just in this new chapter ? :D
lewd animations are still bad, though. maybe hiring someone for them would be a good idea, or sticking to static renders only, it would speed up releases too.

the big choice of the chapter leads to the same result whatever we choose, so it feels a bit pointless. it was probably to avoid too much branching and rendering for the next update, but it would have been interesting to have two different cliffhangers and two different chap 6 beginnings.

Elves using Quenya is a nice touch! didn't pay attention before and just glossed over it :)
Medb's and Finnabair's relationship was a surprise for me. though the extreme anti-NTR crowd might have something to say about what it means for Medb and Ailill... :D
it felt a bit too much like Pocahontas/Avatar though. and MC getting trained, enjoying a bit of romance and having his friend killed by his former faction is literally the plot of the last samurai :D
I liked the take on Nimue here, though MC could have asked to go get Excalibur and fuse both swords :D

Interestingly, except for the very first scene with Kaija, there has not been any lewd content with any of the main LI. will it be a slow burn for all 4 ?

The funniest part of this chapter was when MC's parents said that Templars' kids are not brainwashed, and then you look at Kaija... XD

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
As someone who despises every single character in this game except for Jessica and Mac I kinda just wish I could join the Hellspawn :LOL:

I went with a different approach with the parents too. Fuck 'em!
View attachment 3942282
Sitting at 0 points with Fiona, Kaija and Elea. I hope other LI's get added eventually because if these are our options, I'm out :(
Which is a shame because the writing and story are ok. Characters are just absolutely abysmal to me.

I think this is the first ever AVN I tried out that doesn't have a single character I find attractive. Not one! Fuck me o_O (scratch that, Jessica is decent looking)
Just wanna watch the world burn Nasc :ROFLMAO:

I shall be sure thouigh in future endevours to only recommend AVN's to you that are full of runway models ;)

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Just wanna watch the world burn Nasc :ROFLMAO:

I shall be sure thouigh in future endevours to only recommend AVN's to you that are full of runway models ;)
Don't be like that! I appreciated the recomendation and I actually enjoyed the playthrough! It's a good game on all levels except for 2 in my opinion. Main character's faces really throw me off. And nearly everyone in the game is unlikeable to me :(

I usually play the good guy to unlock as much content as possible but these characters were pissing me off so much I had to start over and play the asshole and go full scorched earth in order to enjoy my time with the game. Which I did.

I will probably revisit the game further down the line but I hope to Jesus, Mary and Joseph that another LI gets added. One that I actually like and maybe doesn't look like roadkill :LOL:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Don't be like that! I appreciated the recomendation and I actually enjoyed the playthrough! It's a good game on all levels except for 2 in my opinion. Main character's faces really throw me off. And nearly everyone in the game is unlikeable to me :(

I usually play the good guy to unlock as much content as possible but these characters were pissing me off so much I had to start over and play the asshole and go full scorched earth in order to enjoy my time with the game. Which I did.

I will probably revisit the game further down the line but I hope to Jesus, Mary and Joseph that another LI gets added. One that I actually like and maybe doesn't look like roadkill :LOL:
Well hate to tell you..in this VN....there will be no more LI (actual romanceable characters, not side girls). We may as well get that out of the way first. Looks, subjective isn't it but similar to Des and Eld, a LI's looks are not my top priority. Kaija, completely agree with you.

(and yes, the scorched earth runthrough is a fun save hehehe).

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
:KEK: :KEK: :KEK:
Frankly, your thoughts on Kaija's look wasn't much different from my first impression.

But I like her more and more as the story progresses, and I find the latest renders with her quite attractive, I think she looks better then in the first chapters. However, yeah, her face is a bit... unusual.

I can't say much about Elea, I'm still too lazy to play her route, but Fiona and Medb... I can imagine someone not liking one of them, but both... :WutFace:
Please ignore my reply in another game's thread about how with such a wide range of attractive girls, it's impossible for someone to not find a girl to their liking. This certainly doesn't apply to you, you have... hmm... quite excuisite taste :KEK:

So what about young dead Finnabair? Too ugly?
With a bag over her head, Kaija would probably be a 10/10. Smoking hot body, no doubt but the face man...I can't.

Like I said, Jessica is the only character I find attractive. Medb, Kari and Elea are meh at best. I think Helena is a pretty woman but falls outside my preference inbody type. Kaija and Fiona really puzzle me in terms of looks because I cannot see what you guys see there.

I don't think it makes sense to apologize for my taste but if it helps I'm sorry :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: yossa999

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Same I'm more surprised they don't find at least least Medb attractive. To me Medb model is in my top 10 - 15 or so of best looking models ive seen. She could probably pass as a supermodel imo

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Same I'm more surprised they don't find at least least Medb attractive. To me Medb model is in my top 10 - 15 or so of best looking models ive seen. She could probably pass as a supermodel imo
Well he is the bigges fan of the girl in his profile pic in the other thread what can I say :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: Maviarab
4.40 star(s) 45 Votes