VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 45 Votes

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
What if we could get Katja to dress up as a Valkyrie?
Katja looks more like a succubus to me, maybe the dev can turn her into a vampire or smth.
There is some mistery surrounding her parents so who knows? Maybe she is more than human.
I mean she doesn't use exosuits and she's a beast in combat.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
There is no Kari path until the last update (and even then it's not really a path as such). You really do need to start paying attention Quetz to what you are actually reading (not sure how many times I actually need to keep repeating this to people). One reason i'm not as active on the Discord as I could be, half of the people quote shit as fact when they are not and when I point that out they all throw a hissy fucking fit at me as entitled Patreons.

If going to quote something as fact, make sure it actually is.
I think that's a bit pedantic. There are choices we can make that give us an opportunity to get to know Kari better. I chose to call that a "path". Is it strictly speaking the wrong word to use for a sidechick, yeah, sure. I think everyone who plays this game knows there are only 4 main LI.

Yeah, I know.
I only know there's more content with her because she showed up at the bar, and Alex could pick between her and Kate. So I'm assuming there would've been a chance to get to know her better while Alex had a choice on how to spend his day/evening at the Templar HQ. That's what I meant with 'path'. :)

Yokanzo

May 19, 2022
I just found this game and I'm super impressed. I would easily rank this one high up with ones I like such as Artemis.
I've been avoiding spoilers in the thread so can anyone please clarify who are considered the "main" love interests are? Do you end up directing the story path to one of them at some point? The author clarified in the intro text that there won't be "4 unsatisfying endings" or whatever.

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
I just found this game and I'm super impressed. I would easily rank this one high up with ones I like such as Artemis.
I've been avoiding spoilers in the thread so can anyone please clarify who are considered the "main" love interests are? Do you end up directing the story path to one of them at some point? The author clarified in the intro text that there won't be "4 unsatisfying endings" or whatever.
If you reach the end of chapter 1 there is a recep/score screen that shows the main 4, but it's pretty obvious by the time you get there except for number 4, and we have yet to see REALLY how you start her path, you just earn relationship points with her so far.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Hey everyone,

as promised, a short update before I go on vacation.

Steam update:

As I already mentioned, the game will be released to Steam on September 6th.
The 2 weeks before the release are usually the most important because they give a game the most visibility.
If you haven't wishlisted the game yet, now might be a good time to do so. Or to tell your friends about it ;-)

I admit I'm a bit nervous about the release although everything is ready. It's still a huge step for me, especially since I didn't intend to do that when I started working on TNT.

Thanks again to everyone who has been supporting me till today, I'm really glad to have you guys with me on this ride.

Chapter 6 update:

As mentioned last week, I'm planning the content/scenes for Chapter 6.
One result of that is that I'm (most likely) going to push the ending of Chapter 6 into Chapter 7.
The reason for this is, that the planned ending for Chapter 6 would've been a huge cliffhanger.
To give you some context: I don't consider Chapter 5's ending a cliffhanger - all the info is there. So if I talk about a cliffhanger, you probably get the idea...

With several months between Chapters, it felt wrong to leave you hanging for that long. The content itself doesn't get changed.

I also started writing the first scenes dealing with the end of Chapter 5 and the script file is at 402 lines as of now.
I'll most likely continue to write the next scenes while on vacation and when I'm back, I'll have quite a bit to catch up on when I'll start posing the renders for Chapter 6.

I'll post the first "real" Dev Update with the usual numbers for lines, renders, etc on September 6th together with the Steam launch.

Have a nice weekend ahead.
Cheers,
Ceolag

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
Hey everyone,

Steam update:

The 2 weeks before the release are usually the most important because they give a game the most visibility.
If you haven't wishlisted the game yet, now might be a good time to do so. Or to tell your friends about it ;-)

I admit I'm a bit nervous about the release although everything is ready. It's still a huge step for me, especially since I didn't intend to do that when I started working on TNT.

Thanks again to everyone who has been supporting me till today, I'm really glad to have you guys with me on this ride.

Chapter 6 update:

One result of that is that I'm (most likely) going to push the ending of Chapter 6 into Chapter 7.
The reason for this is, that the planned ending for Chapter 6 would've been a huge cliffhanger.
To give you some context: I don't consider Chapter 5's ending a cliffhanger - all the info is there. So if I talk about a cliffhanger, you probably get the idea...

With several months between Chapters, it felt wrong to leave you hanging for that long. The content itself doesn't get changed.

I also started writing the first scenes dealing with the end of Chapter 5 and the script file is at 402 lines as of now.
I'll most likely continue to write the next scenes while on vacation and when I'm back, I'll have quite a bit to catch up on when I'll start posing the renders for Chapter 6.

I'll post the first "real" Dev Update with the usual numbers for lines, renders, etc on September 6th together with the Steam launch.

Cheers,
Ceolag
Have a lovely vacation Ceo. I hope that you and yours have a relaxing and enjoyable time. Try not to stress about TNT and Steam and how it's all going. Just put it all aside and enjoy your break. :love:

• Red Heart
Reactions: xapican and Ceolag

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Hey everyone,

Steam update:

Chapter 6 update:

Cheers,
Ceolag
Enjoy your vacation, thanks for the update.
Have a good rest and shave off some of that Steam stress :giggle:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ceolag

DABOMB00

Apr 27, 2021
Dont know if the comparison has been made before, but is Fiona inspired by Granuaile from "The Iron Druid Chronicles"? Or is there another character and maybe both are based on that? Anyway absolutely love her :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Dont know if the comparison has been made before, but is Fiona inspired by Granuaile from "The Iron Druid Chronicles"? Or is there another character and maybe both are based on that? Anyway absolutely love her :)
Oh good lead, and Intersting Book Tip thank's

• Red Heart
Reactions: DABOMB00
4.40 star(s) 45 Votes