VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 45 Votes

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
Yes, that's true, but later he changed the numbering scheme of the books, he wrote about it in this dev log:
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-neverwhere-tales-v0-5-0-ceolag.126219/post-11838069

So, Book 1 with the current MC, and Book 2 with the new one.
Unless this has changed also since late 2023, of course :)

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yes, that's true, but later he changed the numbering scheme of the books, he wrote about it in this dev log:
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-neverwhere-tales-v0-5-0-ceolag.126219/post-11838069

Every other sentance also contains thought, originally, was going to, initially, idea was etc etc.....and was a year and 2 updates ago.

Right now, we know there is a chapter 6 and there will be a chapter 7. Fact, confirmed by Ceo on Discord. I can share a screenshot if you like. Whether they will be a continuation of book 1 or not or become book 2 is another matter. However, all that being said, I would take what was posted before as far more factual. Books 1-3 will be this current story with this current MC and will 'most likely' (my own guesstimate) be 12-15 chapters perhaps if Book 1 consists of 5 chapters.

Ultimately, it is just going to be easier to get a more concise and ' up to date' clarification from Ceo in a couple of weeks when he gets back off holiday.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020

Exactly, I was thinking that myself, also since the steam launch, which wasn't planed at that time, faik; and one is for shure things allways change, ;) Maybe Ceolag send a beauty "Ljosalfar" to shed some light ? (when he recovers from his vacation that is :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)
edit: somehow I got second posted again :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: yossa999

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
I don't mind being tagged for serious questions so feel free to do so. If you tag me for stupid shit I'm going to ignore you :ROFLMAO:

The current plan is Book 1 with chapters around 10-12. Depends a bit on splitting content or not.
Book 2 will have a new MC and new LIs. Same world, time line will continue after the end of Book 1. If I ever get there, of course ;)

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
I don't mind being tagged for serious questions so feel free to do so. If you tag me for stupid shit I'm going to ignore you :ROFLMAO:

The current plan is Book 1 with chapters around 10-12. Depends a bit on splitting content or not.
Book 2 will have a new MC and new LIs. Same world, time line will continue after the end of Book 1. If I ever get there, of course ;)
Hi, Ceolag! Thanks for the answer!
But what about Steam, are you planning on releasing new chapters of Book 1 as regular updates, an update per chapter. Or will it be one big update at the end when they're all done? Or something else, like another Steam entity with all new chapters after CH5?

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I'm just now starting to play the update waiting till steam till I do a full replay. I got to the part where the mother explains why she left active duty. Has it been said if Elea's parents are alive or not? because the story got me wondering if the daughter from the story has a possibility of being Elea.

Reactions: xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I'm just now starting to play the update waiting till steam till I do a full replay. I got to the part where the mother explains why she left active duty. Has it been said if Elea's parents are alive or not? because the story got me wondering if the daughter from the story has a possibility of being Elea.
Elea fits to Linnaes story line if you ask me , at first I thought also of her, no my wild guess would be Kaija, which fits much better Templar can only be the sons/ daughters of Templars and the personal vendetta which is hinted by Linnae while Kaija is sparring with Cianan.
If you ask me that is
Up with Kaija :ROFLMAO: :p
edit: don't remeber if it was here or in Lore and Legends where we touched that topic before

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
Elea fits to Linnaes story line if you ask me , at first I thought also of her, no my wild guess would be Kaija, which fits much better Templar can only be the sons/ daughters of Templars and the personal vendetta which is hinted by Linnae while Kaija is sparring with Cianan.
If you ask me that is
Up with Kaija :ROFLMAO: :p
edit: don't remeber if it was here or in Lore and Legends where we touched that topic before
If on the elea path you can see in her bathroom that she has the exact same pendant as Linnae wears, I beleive ceolag has redone the angle of this render to make it harder to see, it used to be a top down show but when I played recently it was at an angle in the background. Pair that with the fact that elea only talks about her father, and I beleive somewhere you can learn linnae was divorced, it all seems to coincidental for linnae not to be Elea's mother, and it would certainly explain why elea's father discouraged her hobby

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
If on the elea path you can see in her bathroom that she has the exact same pendant as Linnae wears, I beleive ceolag has redone the angle of this render to make it harder to see, it used to be a top down show but when I played recently it was at an angle in the background. Pair that with the fact that elea only talks about her father, and I beleive somewhere you can learn linnae was divorced, it all seems to coincidental for linnae not to be Elea's mother, and it would certainly explain why elea's father discouraged her hobby
That's the same theory I am working on. It all seems to fit.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023

Wow half way through and the story has hardly touched on Fiona and Medb. There is a lot to pack in the next handful of chapters for the LIs.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I'm starting to like Kari, I totally cheated on Kaija with her before I reloaded as i'm only playing 1 path for now. When I replay the game I might have to make a save for Kari just on the off i'm wrong and she gets more content beyond being a side girl. At least I think she is only a side girl.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I'm starting to like Kari, I totally cheated on Kaija with her before I reloaded as i'm only playing 1 path for now. When I replay the game I might have to make a save for Kari just on the off i'm wrong and she gets more content beyond being a side girl. At least I think she is only a side girl.
She is hot and interesting as a Valkyrie should be.

• Love
Reactions: xapican

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
it's fascinating what the developer has implemented here. It is actually possible to break with the family. Jess doesn't go down this path because the family is more important to her, but I will look at what happens or doesn't happen on the path of the "lone warrior".

4.40 star(s) 45 Votes