VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 45 Votes

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Tht save is the only one so far I have burned bridhes and gone full on fuck the Templars. A few others I have made sure to be pissed but left things open...for now, would like a little more info before making a final choice on those other saves. My Kaija romance save (ugghh...can't believe I just said that) is the only one I went full forgiveness with.
Hm, i have 2 Kaija saves and yes ugh... the lenghts you go just get the story from all sides (well at least i cheated on her with Kari and Finn), in one i decided to also go fuck the templars and burned bridges...curious how that will turn out.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Hm, i have 2 Kaija saves and yes ugh... the lenghts you go just get the story from all sides (well at least i cheated on her with Kari and Finn), in one i decided to also go fuck the templars and burned bridges...curious how that will turn out.
Strangely, this is one story where cheating really feels like cheating for me. So, I don't. Medb has not yet garnered enough trust for my taste and I just got tired of Elea yanking my chain. That left Fiona and Kaija. Fiona is easy to like and stay faithful to and Kaija really grew on me in her "second chance" role. Those are my two saves. Ceo is such a sneaky bastard though. I don't discount the possibility of fresh starts down the road...:p

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
How dare you? :eek:
Do i not already suffer enough playing the love route for Kaija, be forgiving towards the family and not telling the templars to fuck off...leme have something nice for once :cry:
Strangely, this is one story where cheating really feels like cheating for me. So, I don't.
Yeah, that is why don't cheat on Fiona, Elea doesn't feel like a relationship yet, Medb obviously not...so i don't feel bad.
Medb has not yet garnered enough trust for my taste and I just got tired of Elea yanking my chain. That left Fiona and Kaija. Fiona is just easy to like and stay faithful to and Kaija really grew on me in her "second chance" role. Those are my two saves. Ceo is such a sneaky bastard though. I don't discount the possibility of fresh starts down the road...:p
Hm, i never really had a problem with Medb, her reactions always made sense to me and i didn't took it personally.
Elea...well, i'm just not really interested in her to be honest.
Fully agree on Fiona, i really hope the next update we will see more of her.
Kaija...yeah no, i never warmed up to her. I have some paths were i forgive her and have her as friend, but that is as far as it goes.
Her love route is the only path i have were didn't go fuck the templars and forgive the family...it's really just so i get the whole story.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Excellent that is good news because I hate cheating on my chosen LI in these games.
I'm not a fan of it either. I always prefer an option, but once I played through the update the first time I sort of felt compelled to give the poor girl some enjoyment the rest of the play throughs. So I cheated on Kaija I guess.

Reactions: Joshy92

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
What Maviarab said. :eek::eek::eek::eek:
I mean, she's hot, nice and i do have a path for her...so i do hope she will get more interesting and fit more into the whole neverwhere/templar/elf story.
Maybe that norse sword (which looks more like a celtic one imo), is for her. Would be interesting if she's somehow connected to the norse gods or valkyries... Elea going to battle like a valkyrie that would be a sight to behold.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Do i not already suffer enough playing the love route for Kaija, be forgiving towards the family and not telling the templars to fuck off...leme have something nice for once :cry:

Yeah, that is why don't cheat on Fiona, Elea doesn't feel like a relationship yet, Medb obviously not...so i don't feel bad.

Hm, i never really had a problem with Medb, her reactions always made sense to me and i didn't took it personally.
Elea...well, i'm just not really interested in her to be honest.
Fully agree on Fiona, i really hope the next update we will see more of her.
Kaija...yeah no, i never warmed up to her. I have some paths were i forgive her and have her as friend, but that is as far as it goes.
Her love route is the only path i have were didn't go fuck the templars and forgive the family...it's really just so i get the whole story.
I remember... waaaaayyyyy back... I was among the first to post a vitriolic rant about Kaija. After reading the extended debate for a few weeks I forced myself to give her a chance. That was the first time I was stunned by how well Ceolag had written the two extreme polarities of her character. Later I even learned there is a middle ground for her and it's another altogether different person. After that I had to pick a Kaija playthrough just out of respect for the writing of her character. Elea is well enough written and attractive but the second time she kissed MC and immediately pulled back saying she had reservations... That was it for me. I will likely have to change my tune after we get to know Medb better but, right now, she just comes off as arrogant and condescending to me. Meanwhile, in my current playthrough... Fiona is just too cute, right?

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
She has no 'path'...just a side girl for lewds (aside from her actual relevence to the plot).
yeah I know, more or less making a save for her incase things change in the future or she gets more scenes. As I don't really like to sleep with side girls if I have a dedicated solo path to another girl even if it might not be cheating in game yet it feels like it to me, so I typically reload after looking at the scene of side girls in most games. But I like her enough to make a save, even if it's pointless and i'll end up being alone on that save lol.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I remember... waaaaayyyyy back... I was among the first to post a vitriolic rant about Kaija. After reading the extended debate for a few weeks I forced myself to give her a chance. That was the first time I was stunned by how well Ceolag had written the two extreme polarities of her character. Later I even learned there is a middle ground for her and it's another altogether different person. After that I had to pick a Kaija playthrough just out of respect for the writing of her character. Elea is well enough written and attractive but the second time she kissed MC and immediately pulled back saying she had reservations... That was it for me. I will likely have to change my tune after we get to know Medb better but, right now, she just comes off as arrogant and condescending to me. Meanwhile, in my current playthrough... Fiona is just too cute, right?
Yes Kaija is a good written character, Ceolag did a really good job with her, the other characters as well. I tried love, hate as well as middleground, i just don't like her.

As for Medb...hm, i take her attitude as more of a facade in her diplomatic duty, they are on really bad terms with the templars (and the MC is included in that), they want the templars to fear them, and yeah she got a bit pissed about the life debt :ROFLMAO:.
Add to that she's kinda a millenium old and one of their most powerful and influental people and not particular fond of humans in general.
I honestly can't really fault her for that, if you see their culture and how they life and compare that to the humans as a whole (worse the ones in neverwhere)....well yeah, understandable they have no good view on humanity... i mean, even i don't have a particular good opinion about humanity as a whole ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But in this chapter she is pretty different the moment you show mercy.
If you are open to the elven culture, try to learn and get along with Finn, honestly not much too see from the arrogant and condescending attitude she showed before imo.
She is a bit when she takes you to the park and tells you her backstory, but then, she has kinda has a point, the MC needs to grow up fast.

Yes, Fiona is just adorable, that dance clip was funny too :LOL:
Curious to the other, more serious side of her and what she and her family really are, if i had to guess something fey related like the unseelie.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Kaija is a great character, one of those characters people have strong opinions on and can't help but talk about. Full marks to Ceolag. It has been a long time since we had any new content with her and yet we are still talking about her with passion.

I think Elea is also well written. She is timid and hesitant. Her adult life she has been ridiculed to the point she hides her 'hobby' from people. It's very difficult to get people who take that sort of hit to their confidence to come out of their shell. Coelag does a good job of writing her. She doesn't come out and flirt or just open her mouth and spew forth all her secrets. She is infatuated with the MC, and wants to reach out to him, but she just hangs and waits for him to draw her out. She holds out about her 'hobby' until she takes the plunge and hesitantly opens up about it expecting ridicule, but the MC is interested. I think she is well done.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
motseer, that depends how you are with Kaija, with 0 points, and saying you burnt bridges (beach?) she has no resevations
at least that is what I had in mind.
Yep, that's at the beach. Later, at her apartment, she jumps into your lap, kisses you and immediately pulls back with her reservation about being co-workers. Make up your mind, bitch. There are a LOT of other really hot women in this story. You need to stop waisting my time... Don't get me wrong. She is a very well written character as well. I've known women just like her. I didn't have time for them either; no matter how attractive.

...As for Medb...her attitude as more of a facade...
I rest my case...
...Add to that she's kinda a millenium old...
And so is her pussy...
Curious to the other, more serious side of her and what she and her family really are, if i had to guess something fey related like the unseelie.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Kaija is a great character, one of those characters people have strong opinions on and can't help but talk about. Full marks to Ceolag. It has been a long time since we had any new content with her and yet we are still talking about her with passion.

I think Elea is also well written. She is timid and hesitant. Her adult life she has been ridiculed to the point she hides her 'hobby' from people. It's very difficult to get people who take that sort of hit to their confidence to come out of their shell. Coelag does a good job of writing her. She doesn't come out and flirt or just open her mouth and spew forth all her secrets. She is infatuated with the MC, and wants to reach out to him, but she just hangs and waits for him to draw her out. She holds out about her 'hobby' until she takes the plunge and hesitantly opens up about it expecting ridicule, but the MC is interested. I think she is well done.
I couldn't agree more about both women. I have a path for Kaija and I may add one down the road for Elea. For now Elea is just too much like work for me. As I said, I've known women like her. In the context of the story, for now, she lost her place simply because, if I put myself in MC's shoes... I just don't have time for her AND her baggage.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
yeah I know, more or less making a save for her incase things change in the future or she gets more scenes. As I don't really like to sleep with side girls if I have a dedicated solo path to another girl even if it might not be cheating in game yet it feels like it to me, so I typically reload after looking at the scene of side girls in most games. But I like her enough to make a save, even if it's pointless and i'll end up being alone on that save lol.
I have sep saves for all side girls...and make varying different decisions in them.

But in this chapter she is pretty different the moment you show mercy.
If you are open to the elven culture, try to learn and get along with Finn, honestly not much too see from the arrogant and condescending attitude she showed before imo.
She is a bit when she takes you to the park and tells you her backstory, but then, she has kinda has a point, the MC needs to grow up fast.

This.
I think Elea is also well written. She is timid and hesitant. Her adult life she has been ridiculed to the point she hides her 'hobby' from people
We also have to remember, she refuses to participate/be involved in an 'office romance'....that is also one of her huge reservations which you slowly but surely chip away at. She really is the most grounded character imo and the least likely (even if she is possibly Linnae's daughter) to be involved in the fantasy world. It would be nice if just one of the LI are not 'actively' involved in the overarching plot.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I couldn't agree more about both women. I have a path for Kaija and I may add one down the road for Elea. For now Elea is just too much like work for me. As I said, I've known women like her. In the context of the story, for now, she lost her place simply because, if I put myself in MC's shoes... I just don't have time for her AND her baggage.
I've always had hobbies most people think are weird so I can really relate to her, plus I love blondes. I'd be disappointed if she is connected to the Templars though. If she is Linnae's daughter I am fine with that as long as Alea stays out of the Templars.

4.40 star(s) 45 Votes