VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 45 Votes

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
sometimes i forget just how ugly the MC is lol his face just doesn't suit his head i n a way.
I've seen uglier MC's. Ever played Become A Rockstar, University Of Problems, Halfway House, Being A DIK, Westview Academy, Where it all began or any HS game? I find it quite refreshing when a MC is just a normal guy and not some kind of gym bro victim.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
still going through the update and when I got to this render all I can think was shots fired at the Templars

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

View attachment 3951114
Linnae only gave him a crash course, and if you did the training and sparing with Kaija, you get a achivement.
and Finnabair explains why she trains different remeber MC had only one training session.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Linnae only gave him a crash course, and if you did the training and sparing with Kaija, you get a achivement.
and Finnabair explains why she trains different remeber MC had only one training session.
o I know I was more referring to I find Finnabair comment kind of funny since she is essentially dissing the Templar's way of training the MC even if it was only 1 training session with the sword from Linnae .

sometimes i forget just how ugly the MC is lol his face just doesn't suit his head i n a way.
Yeah when I started to play the update I was a bit shocked as I forgot how the MC looked lol. Makes me think he is lucky to even get close to Kaija even if part was a lie.

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
I've seen uglier MC's. Ever played Become A Rockstar, University Of Problems, Halfway House, Being A DIK, Westview Academy, Where it all began or any HS game? I find it quite refreshing when a MC is just a normal guy and not some kind of gym bro victim.
I've played all of those, and barring the HS games I think he's uglier than all the listed games' mcs. I don't need the mc to be a ripped gym bro either, but that face....good god. whatevr fresh hell that is from, please send it back! lol

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I've played all of those, and barring the HS games I think he's uglier than all the listed games' mcs. I don't need the mc to be a ripped gym bro either, but that face....good god. whatevr fresh hell that is from, please send it back! lol
Dunno, the face of the MC from Rockstar irks me more, for the rest i agree thought.

Reactions: ModiThorrson

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Damn what an amazing update , I don't even know what to feel right now... Finnabair such a good character. I forgot I was even playing my Kaija love path and cheated on Kaija with her that's how good of a character she was for me. But she will never know now she is dead. I just hope Kaija wasn't the one that killed her cause man then i'm gonna be real confused on how I feel about Kaija. Even if it was in self defense or she didn't start the fight I actually liked Finnabair more than Kaija and im starting to like Medb more as well I think in an update or two Kaija will no longer be my favorite but Medb will. Right now I consider Medb tied with Kaija as my favorite.

Still need to play the hate the parents path I played it nice and calm. I figured even if they did lose trust and lie no need to make things worst especially right now. But gonna go the hate parents path among others when I replay this come the steam launch. Before this update I didn't hate the templars as much as everyone else just disliked them now I really want to see them burn and help the Elfs don't even know why they hate each other besides a few skirmishes , don't even care if Elfs were in the wrong or do some fucked up shit later

DOWN WITH THE TEMPLARS!!!

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Damn what an amazing update , I don't even know what to feel right now... Finnabair such a good character. I forgot I was even playing my Kaija love path and cheated on Kaija with her that's how good of a character she was for me. But she will never know now she is dead. I just hope Kaija wasn't the one that killed her cause man then i'm gonna be real confused on how I feel about Kaija. Even if it was in self defense or she didn't start the fight I actually liked Finnabair more than Kaija and im starting to like Medb more as well I think in an update or two Kaija will no longer be my favorite but Medb will. Right now I consider Medb tied with Kaija as my favorite.

Still need to play the hate the parents path I played it nice and calm. I figured even if they did lose trust and lie no need to make things worst especially right now. But gonna go the hate parents path among others when I replay this come the steam launch. Before this update I didn't hate the templars as much as everyone else just disliked them now I really want to see them burn and help the Elfs don't even know why they hate each other besides a few skirmishes , don't even care if Elfs were in the wrong or do some fucked up shit later

my man. I played the burnt bridge route, it's not that different so far other then some lines, but I'm sure it will have consequences later. I'm also team Álfar for now, Finnabair and Medb are awesome characters.

Reactions: AlexMpog

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

put it there.gif

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
my man. I played the burnt bridge route, it's not that different so far other then some lines, but I'm sure it will have consequences later. I'm also team Álfar for now, Finnabair and Medb are awesome characters.
yeah when I replay the game and redo my paths come the steam launch. That might honestly be my default path on almost all my saves. I get the feeling this update is gonna be constantly on my mind for a few days at least because of Finnabair's death

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
:oops: funnel spider roulette ?? :oops: Salty wrestling?? :unsure::oops: or box jelly fish diving ??
Spiders and box jellies no way, they hurt too much. Salties I like. Fascinating creatures.

Sadly, nothing that interesting. Unless you consider paper cuts dangerous these days. :ROFLMAO:

:unsure: Spiderwebs count as hymen ? :oops:
Maviarab ; I prefer the term "deciving truthbender" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
on the serious side: I had my trouble with this 3 options, aswell, "we work toghether for now" seemed the most close to break up although it is leaving a door open.
Someone is on a roll. Too much caffiene? ;):ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: pitao and xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
don't even know why they hate each other besides a few skirmishes
Medb and the other Alfar, stared to get weary of, Humans, after Ponce de León tried to conquer the "well of youth" they closed Alfheimr for Humans, the last dorp was that Medbs "Human brother" which o coincidence is similar impulsive as MC, was a Templar and got burned by betrayal
(historical correct here) she helds the Humans and foremost the rest of the Organization responsible for his dead

Medb tells you that just before Finnabair goes on her assignment

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023

Kaija saw you with Finnabair and in a jealous rage stabbed her 29 times until they pulled her off Finnabairs lifeless body. It's all your fault. How could you?

Sorry couldn't resist. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I did on half my playthroughs and now I regret as it will come back to bite me later on (content wise). I may need to replay those routes."

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Medb and the other Alfar, stared to get weary of, Humans, after Ponce de León tried to conquer the "well of youth" they closed Alfheimr for Humans, the last dorp was that Medbs "Human brother" which o coincidence is similar impulsive as MC, was a Templar and got burned by betrayal
(historical correct here) she helds the Humans and foremost the rest of the Organization responsible for his dead

o yeah I recall the bit with her brother I just forgot the rest was trying my best to get in Finnabair's pants :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Kaija saw you with Finnabair and in a jealous rage stabbed her 29 times until they pulled her off Finnabairs lifeless body. It's all your fault. How could you?

Sorry couldn't resist. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I did on half my playthroughs and now I regret as it will come back to bite me later on (content wise). I may need to replay those routes."
lol was wondering who was gonna make that joke. Joking aside I really hope she wasn't the one that did it , might be the push I need to get on the fuck Kaija train even if she wasn't the aggressor or entirely at fault.

Last edited:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Joking aside I really hope she wasn't the one that did it , might be the push I need to get on the fuck Kaija train even if she wasn't the aggressor or entirely at fault.
Don't go there people will get upset again. Kaija's okay, I just don't trust her as a romantic partner.

If my character was to take over the Templars I would keep her on because she is a very trustworthy Templar. That is her problem from my point of view. She is married to the Templars and any relationship with her has three people in it, MC, Kaija, Templars and the one to always be neglected is the MC.

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
Don't go there people will get upset again. Kaija's okay, I just don't trust her as a romantic partner.

If my character was to take over the Templars I would keep her on because she is a very trustworthy Templar. That is her problem from my point of view. She is married to the Templars and any relationship with her has three people in it, MC, Kaija, Templars and the one to always be neglected is the MC.
As happens in some marriages where work comes first and then your couple, then you understand why there are so many divorces today, although in Kaija's case the part "until death do us part" is that it can happen, right? :unsure: the phrase "yes, my life" is going to be fundamental to not dying.:eek:: :KEK:

Reactions: xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
She is married to the Templars and any relationship with her has three people in it, MC, Kaija, Templars and the one to always be neglected is the MC.
This is without any intent to attack or defend Kaija; Was it me or in the high Relship path with her is the posibility to sway her to your point of view, ?In ch 4 when you go to neverwhere, and you tell her to help the guy who is been beaten, for example and the Dialoge when you see the Alfar beeing attacked by Hellspawns, is different as well, and there is also the achievement priority change,

Reactions: Leongen43

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Why in hell did you have to kill Finnabair, totally wasted 7 weeks with her only to be told the Templars killed her
man that is just not right.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Why in hell did you have to kill Finnabair, totally wasted 7 weeks with her only to be told the Templars killed her
man that is just not right.
I know right and she outshined everyone and became my favorite. I read she died before playing figured not a big deal just a side character and I thought that was only because the player can kill her or spare her. But I totally saw it coming when it got close to that part. At least Kaija won't find out I cheated on her now.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
As for Medb...hm, i take her attitude as more of a facade in her diplomatic duty, they are on really bad terms with the templars (and the MC is included in that), they want the templars to fear them, and yeah she got a bit pissed about the life debt :ROFLMAO:.
Add to that she's kinda a millenium old and one of their most powerful and influental people and not particular fond of humans in general.
I honestly can't really fault her for that, if you see their culture and how they life and compare that to the humans as a whole (worse the ones in neverwhere)....well yeah, understandable they have no good view on humanity... i mean, even i don't have a particular good opinion about humanity as a whole ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't see why I shouldn't fault Medb for her arrogance and intolerance. Sure, she has her reasons, but that's true of pretty much everyone with a grievance. Unlike Finnabair, Medb ought to have the wisdom and experience to take a larger view, but she doesn't. She was, in fact, perfectly willing to let the MC die while under a flag of truce even though that was counterproductive to her own goals, simply because she didn't care enough to find an alternative. Even her grudging respect for the MC's mercy is a little undercut by the later revelation that Finnabair was her daughter, an unfortunate downside of that twist.

That's not to say I hate Medb. I appreciate there IS more to her character, and I'm willing to work with her going forward since she can be rational when she needs to be. But I don't see myself starting a Medb run anytime soon.

All true, but it still doesn't explain why the Alfar and Templars are on the verge of war now. However heinous each side's crimes may have been in the past, if they weren't at war at the start of the game they wouldn't be changing that unless SOMETHING is ratcheting up the tension. Friction requires contact, and it's still unclear where they encounter each other often enough to generate any meaningful friction.

We're specifically told the Alfar can't stray too far from their home, and from what Medb said they have no interest in operating on our Earth. Meanwhile the only thing we've learned the Templars do is keep certain powers in Neverwhere from operating on Earth. It seems like the two sides should naturally be giving each other a wide berth, but that's clearly not the case. Presumably they're clashing over something in Neverwhere, but we're long overdue for details.

Reactions: minibaer12
4.40 star(s) 45 Votes