Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Hello,
Why my saves from The_Office_Wife_V.0.65_fixed_WIN_PRERELEASE don't work and appear on The_Office_Wife_V.0.66_WINDOWS_PUBLIC_RELEASE ?
Thx for answer ;-)
Mine worked fine but then only tried last one, you copy the whole save dir over?

Toorop

Aug 19, 2017
Okay, so something got dragged to the wrong line in the walkthrough. It is supposed to say:

Warehouse: Stevie scene
After work: Dixon's or Knocker's
you visit the abandoned subway in the
Night District and give the doggy treat to
the stray dog. (repeatable)

Hopefully, that makes more sense.
Very, and in the walkthrough, you can indicate the second lunch with Andy

Geko1711

Nov 5, 2019
Also when I visit the dog I can't give him the cookies I got from security? I assume those cookies are either for the homeless man in the tunnels, or the dog? but didn't check yet for the homeless man... but the dog dialogue doesn't change from 'I wish I had a treat to give him'.
You should have gotten the cookies from the drunk who was once a veterinarian in the park

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
What platform are you playing it on?
I had a similar prblem, when I tried to play the game yesterday. I reported it in a message to you on your Patreon, but haven't had a response yet. In my case it always freezes on "Now Loading" after Stacy is spooked by finding a man when she's exploring the room she's found in the basement and turns to run away. That's on the first afternoon of the new content, having started from your save 40. Windows 10 32-bit.

jsdeacon

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
I don't know what that means, RPGM, windows 10, what do you mean what platform? How would I check?

I know it's not a bug that you can't speak to the boss. The bug is that MY desk wont activate, and previously it only activated after you spoke to the boss. I know it was designed to be able to activate even before speaking to the boss, but speaking to michael was my work around. But now that the story requires NOT speaking to the boss the desk wont activate at all. Meaning I can't find a way around the bug/problem so I can't continue the story. I tried activating the work bathroom lesbian scene and hoped that would fix the My desk problem, but it doesn't. So my story is stuck.

here is my save file, i guess one thing to do is see if it works for you to process eliminate? unless save files wont necessarily carry the bugs over?

I took a look and the reason you can't activate the desk is because somehow you got to Enchantment 46 by that day. I am not sure how you did that. Were you playing from an old save file? If not, it might just be that were able to get in a few extra days and thus a few extra enchantments. Regardless, thanks for pointing it out. I've fixed the problem, but unless this starts happening to more people, which so far it has not, I am not going to push out a fix before the next release. My recommendation would be to start with the save slot 40 that comes with the release and go from there. You shouldn't have any problems with that.

jsdeacon

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
I had a similar prblem, when I tried to play the game yesterday. I reported it in a message to you on your Patreon, but haven't had a response yet. In my case it always freezes on "Now Loading" after Stacy is spooked by finding a man when she's exploring the room she's found in the basement and turns to run away. That's on the first afternoon of the new content, having started from your save 40. Windows 10 32-bit.
The "now loading" problem has been popping up with several people. I am going to have to dig into it. Very likely it is a plugin conflict or error, but I haven't added or changed any plugins since the release prior and no one had any issues with it then. What's weird is that it is only happening to a few people, but it is always happening to those people, even upon reinstall. I haven't yet found anything that they all have in common. I will keep gathering data and hopefully come up with a solution.

Reactions: forrestfreak

lesil

Dec 1, 2018
tired of developers releasing buggy crap... second day of work where you earn infractions for clothing - she doesn't want to speak to boss because he will be mad shes still in a skirt... problem is speaking to the boss is the only thing that makes pressing z on My Desk work... for some reason you can't press z on my desk... so I can't continue the story...

i wish devs stopped catering to whiny people who want fast releases and focused on quality...

what a load of crap, there isn't even a way to skip the day.

love the game and content, don't really mind RPGM for the reasons people mind it... but yeah i should have just waited for another more complete release.
relax, it is not necessary to talk like that

Fekkoff

Jul 21, 2017
no difference on 0.65 and 0.66 ? i played thru 0.65 and tried 0.66 now but it ends after the michael / morgan meeting at the office in both versions

jsdeacon

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
no difference on 0.65 and 0.66 ? i played thru 0.65 and tried 0.66 now but it ends after the michael / morgan meeting at the office in both versions
There were several bug fixes which warranted a new version number. Otherwise, no new content.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
I know someone else asked it but I couldn’t find an answer. Where is Tanya hiding? After you hand out flyers with her& ask every person & go in every building that lets you, I still can’t find her, is that a big or am I blind?

jsdeacon

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
I know someone else asked it but I couldn’t find an answer. Where is Tanya hiding? After you hand out flyers with her& ask every person & go in every building that lets you, I still can’t find her, is that a big or am I blind?
Are you playing the new V.0.66? There was a bug in V.0.65 where if you talked to one of the guys before finding Tonya, she'd disappear. That should be fixed now. Tonya is located on the far left side of the map.

Reactions: DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Serkana

Aug 6, 2017
Are you playing the new V.0.66? There was a bug in V.0.65 where if you talked to one of the guys before finding Tonya, she'd disappear. That should be fixed now. Tonya is located on the far left side of the map.
Still happens if you talk to the policeman or the fourth guy you haven't talked before. Also, loaded the save in slot 39 and the "Talk to Miguel" can't be done. Regarding the "now loading" problem, if I make a save and then try to delete that save while in-game I get an error about a "missing battle sound file". RPGM forces to reload but nothing happens, only solution is to close and start the game again.

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Also when I visit the dog I can't give him the cookies I got from security? I assume those cookies are either for the homeless man in the tunnels, or the dog? but didn't check yet for the homeless man... but the dog dialogue doesn't change from 'I wish I had a treat to give him'.
you get dog biscuit from guy in park on bench after certain point in game...

DMel

Nov 1, 2020
I´m stucked...can´t leave the apartment... after i talked to Miguel, Jessie, Angelo and Zack, i went to Knockers, than i went home... Zack called, and said that everything was ok with the T.I guys...

But when i woke up, get dressed, and try to leave, i can't. It says that "i have to find some underwear and talk to Jason before heading to the photo studio"

What i have to do?

4.00 star(s) 105 Votes