DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
Nvm, I reloaded it and did the Dixon scene first, then next night went to knockers & found Tanya with 2 rapists on the left side alley by white building in xxx district

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
The "now loading" problem has been popping up with several people. I am going to have to dig into it. Very likely it is a plugin conflict or error, but I haven't added or changed any plugins since the release prior and no one had any issues with it then. What's weird is that it is only happening to a few people, but it is always happening to those people, even upon reinstall. I haven't yet found anything that they all have in common. I will keep gathering data and hopefully come up with a solution.
Thanks. I think I HAVE had instances of freezing with previous builds, but I was always able to get round it by doing a save just before the freeze occurred and then proceeding from that save. Not this time, though. If I attempt to save while in that room I get a "Now Loading" freeze immediately on pressing Esc.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

Well, the public release of V.0.66 is out finally and it was a little bumpy getting there, but (most) of the major bugs have been fixed. If I learned anything from the past week, it is not to rush a release just to hit a deadline. I haven't missed a deadline yet and I don't want to, but if it is between that and releasing a product that hasn't been thoroughly tested, well, it is better to wait. I can't rely on no one leaking the early releases, apparently.

Anyway, upwards and onwards. After each release, I take a week or two to reflect on the bigger picture of the game and where it's headed. As you know, this game was based on a story I wrote a few years ago by the same name. It was always meant to have an ending and the truth is, I'm at a point in the game now where I need to start thinking about that. I know, there's a ton of threads still to develop and finish. Don't worry, I don't plan to leave anyone hanging. Nor, however, do I want this to be one of those forever games that never completes any threads and just keeps going and going with no direction until the developer loses interest or otherwise can't finish it.

That being said, I've decided to try and reach a conclusion by year's end. I estimate that to be about five more releases. That may be a little ambitious, but that's the goal. Trust me when I say that I'm not going to rush the ending by any means. If it isn't there, then it isn't there and I'll keep going until it is. A game like this needs a stellar ending and I plan to give you one.

Also, even after it's done, that doesn't mean I plan to give up on it. There's plenty more that could be added. What it mainly means, to me anyway, is that I'll primarily move on to my next project, which will be another game, taking all that I've learned about game development, and doing something bigger and better.

Enough about the end, though. A lot can change in a year, so who knows? For the next release, the focus is going to be on several of the side plots that have been introduced and not yet fully developed. We have hobo threads, a photo shoot thread with Tabitha, Jim is still waiting for dinner at his place, the landlord, Polly, Zack, the tunnels, Knocker's...plenty of fun to be had. There are a lot of little things I want to fix too. I also want to update some of the RPGM art, particularly in Stacy's apartment and a few other places. One of my favorite maps is Jessie's place and we've only seen it briefly once.

As always, I love hearing from you all so if you have feedback, suggestions, or just want to chat, feel free to hit me up on here, on Discord, or by email. Also, if you're enjoying the game, as I imagine you are since you are reading this far down, then please, if you have a minute, leave a positive review for me on F95 or one of the other sites, it really helps!

Thanks,

- J. S.

------

forrestfreak

Jul 26, 2020
Thanks. I think I HAVE had instances of freezing with previous builds, but I was always able to get round it by doing a save just before the freeze occurred and then proceeding from that save. Not this time, though. If I attempt to save while in that room I get a "Now Loading" freeze immediately on pressing Esc.
same here...

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
I don't know I am on enchantment 46 apparently and I found no dog biscuits, I talked to everyone in the park pretty sure. Maybe it's the events after that?
The first time you talk to him you don't get it, you have to go back another day... and i think it has to be done right after 1100 before 1700.
1615308400756.png

jsdeacon

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
I figured it out. You had a low relationship with Zack which was causing a mismatch between scenes (him joining the party and a prior scene where he hadn't joined the party), thus he was not removed from the party at the end of that scene. I have fixed this and it will be in the next release. Thanks for letting me know! For now, the only fix will be to use an old save and go visit Zack a bit more before you get the white blouse outfit.

Reactions: fortuna95

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
The "now loading" problem has been popping up with several people. I am going to have to dig into it. Very likely it is a plugin conflict or error, but I haven't added or changed any plugins since the release prior and no one had any issues with it then. What's weird is that it is only happening to a few people, but it is always happening to those people, even upon reinstall. I haven't yet found anything that they all have in common. I will keep gathering data and hopefully come up with a solution.
I don't know if it's relevant, but I have a debug.log file containing two lines like this:

[0307/100105.741:ERROR:http_transport_win.cc(175)] WinHttpCrackUrl: The URL does not use a recognized protocol (0x2ee6)

jsdeacon

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019

Yamakasi20

May 17, 2017
yo, this game kinda bangs!

the world needed an office slut from a dev that doesnt give a fuck about ntr, pee, beastiality or other highly disputed fetishes.
It's like a breath of fresh air

awesome stuff, totally following this

jsdeacon

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
It could have something to do with the fact that I was still running an older version of nw.js in RPGM. I've updated it now, which should improve performance of the game. However, it won't come out until the next release. It seems to only be happening to select people and from what I can tell, all of those people are running it on Windows 7. Anyway, sorry that's happening for you. Hopefully, it is fixed in the next release. I wish I was more savvy with coding to give you a better answer.

people say that it does, but I've changed the code as advised and nothing happened. still freezes on exit from the void with "now loading"...

derp333

Jul 3, 2018
Stuck on 44 it says I need to go to lunch and not fuck around with nate but there's nothing interactable inside the normal lunch place despite it having the star outside of it

4.00 star(s) 105 Votes