Juidas

May 14, 2019
So how to feed the dog with "plate of cookies" that I have in items?
Never encountered any scene with the dog.
The plate of cookies is for an episode in the staff eating area, the dog is in the abandoned subway, you need to get dog treats from the man on the bench in the park first and do the treats at least twice and get the stethoscope from the doctors once the man says he needs one

Reactions: penmaster

penmaster

Nov 16, 2018
The plate of cookies is for an episode in the staff eating area, the dog is in the abandoned subway, you need to get dog treats from the man on the bench in the park first and do the treats at least twice and get the stethoscope from the doctors once the man says he needs one
Thanks for the answer. I have done all the steps, gave the stethoscope to the veterinian now when I approach him at any time he says they will go but not today. I tried to approach him in the morning, before lunch, after lunch. Next day. Still same message. Cannot progress. When is the right time.?

penmaster

Nov 16, 2018
It depends what enchantment you still have to do.
2 enchantments at Chi-Chi's _building men, old echantment adapted to Stacy's new outfit and photo shoot with Tabitha and her brother.
1 enchantment at Antonelli's and at the park enchantment Yoga but it is activated after you have been at Antonelli's and at the park on the third day. The other enchantments are not discovered because a restaurant activates them but for other actions.
I am talking about entire game. So to play it properly, it first you need to walkthrough. Otherwise it messes with sequence and you don't know how many enchantments are left to complete or did you miss any route to start the enchantments.
The guidance or hints should be precise to play the game properly.

Geko1711

Nov 5, 2019
Thanks for the answer. I have done all the steps, gave the stethoscope to the veterinian now when I approach him at any time he says they will go but not today. I tried to approach him in the morning, before lunch, after lunch. Next day. Still same message. Cannot progress. When is the right time.?
Stacy has to use the dog dildo for a few nights
From the WT:
dog scene - requires giving multiple doggy treats and using the dog dildo a few times
(if you didn't get the dog dildo before, you can go back to Dixon's in the evening to get
it - then you have both). You then have to talk to stranger, get stethoscope from Doctor's
office, then talk to stranger again.

Reactions: penmaster

Sinedio

Jan 28, 2019
You are very likely right. The question I can't figure out is why. It works fine on most machines, but seems to randomly give others problems. This makes it difficult to test because I can't replicate the problem. Also, the updated nw.js is theoretically supposed to work much better than the ancient version that natively comes with RPGM MV. For the public release of TOW 0.70, I am reverting to nw.js 0.44.6 in the hopes that it helps. There is scant information on this issue, but from what I've read, that is a stable version that hopefully works for more people. If anyone knows more about this issue, please let me know as I'd like to figure it out.
Hi,

So I did a little more digging and I'm quite confident that the problem seems to be caused by codec fuckery.

I grabbed the latest 32bit build of nwjs. I set up a copy of the 0.70 version of the game. I deleted everything except package.json and the "www" folder. I unpacked nwjs into the game folder.

Test 1

I fired up the game and saved in the train station. I then chose to board the train and the video froze while trying to play the movie.

Test 2

I grabbed a pre-built ffmpeg.dll from here:
Code:
https://github.com/iteufel/nwjs-ffmpeg-prebuilt
. Renamed the dll that came bundled with nwjs. Unpacked this into the game folder. I fired up the game, boarded the train and... it worked. Did a bit of back and forth by renaming the new and old dlls to test with one or the other. I consistently got freezing with the dll that came packed with nwjs but not the one I downloaded separately.

The one I got from the mentioned github page also is 1.1MB bigger than the one that came bundled.

Test 3

Game movies are mp4 files using the h264 codec. I used ffmpeg to transcode the file "Subwaybathroom1_Outfit_09.mp4" from h264 to vp9

With the the ffmpeg dll that came bundled with nwjs the subway bathroom scene plays fine but getting on the train freezes the video of the game.

Easiest solution to avoid dll swapping is to transcode movie files to vp9 and save future ones also using this codec instead of the h264.

Reactions: vimmers

Sinedio

Jan 28, 2019
i would say your test 2 would be easiest
My suggestion was made to the game dev. As a temporary fix for people who want to play the game, a pre-built dll would work... if you trust the source of the file :)

Personally, I would not want to distribute 1) a dll file from some odd github repo 2) patent encumbered media files

If the nwjs team chose not to enable decoding for patent encumbered media files, it's probably because of this:

Using the H.264 codec requires you to pay attention to the patent royalties and the license of the source code. Consult a lawyer if you do not understand the licensing constraints and using patented media formats in your application. For more information about the license of the source code, check .
More can be read .

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
I meant public release of updates here, on f95. public release, not pre-pre-prerelease that always has bugs and roaches...
the link you get from smith66 are public release
there are just no mega link here
i dunno why the uploaders have started to abandon mega the last 14 days
or if it's just 1 uploader there do it

Allesandro

May 23, 2021
I have traced it back to being an issue with whatever version of nwjs they are using since 0.67. I still have version 0.66 and used the nwjs from that with the data from release 0.70. It works fine.

So what you need to do if you still have the 0.66 files:

In the 0.70 release folder:
In the folder "The Office Wife" you select all and then de-select the folder named "www" and the file named "package.json". Then shift-delete everything else

In the 0.66 relaese folder:
In the folder "The Office Wife" you select all and then de-select the folder named "www" and the file named "package.json". Then "Copy" the selected items in the folder you just cleaned-up previously.

The above "works for me (tm)"

Is there an option on getting my hands on the 0.66 version files?
Video's not playing is getting hella annoying ;)

Edit:
Ah wait, just chaning out the NW files to the version mentioned before seems to do the trick.

forrestfreak

Jul 26, 2020
the link you get from smith66 are public release
there are just no mega link here
i dunno why the uploaders have started to abandon mega the last 14 days
or if it's just 1 uploader there do it
mega, nopy, anon it's all the same to me. that link is not an update to 0.7 but the whole game, but thnx anyway

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
mega, nopy, anon it's all the same to me. that link is not an update to 0.7 but the whole game, but thnx anyway
there is no update to vers 0,70
on op page are an update to vers 0,70 from previous release
or else please explain what you mean

forrestfreak

Jul 26, 2020
there is no update to vers 0,70
on op page are an update to vers 0,70 from previous release
or else please explain what you mean
I have tried that update, but it doesn't work for me (err loading). downloaded it a few times, tried, shredded it, no luck. frankly, I like this game very much, but I'm fed up...

bai_pyrvan

Feb 5, 2018
I have traced it back to being an issue with whatever version of nwjs they are using since 0.67. I still have version 0.66 and used the nwjs from that with the data from release 0.70. It works fine.

So what you need to do if you still have the 0.66 files:

In the 0.70 release folder:
In the folder "The Office Wife" you select all and then de-select the folder named "www" and the file named "package.json". Then shift-delete everything else

In the 0.66 relaese folder:
In the folder "The Office Wife" you select all and then de-select the folder named "www" and the file named "package.json". Then "Copy" the selected items in the folder you just cleaned-up previously.

The above "works for me (tm)"
thanks

Reactions: REESEX

tinman969

Sep 4, 2020
I'm pull
I can't find the folder names "www" anywhere inside the Game.app > Contents Folder. Are you talking about the Windows version or the MacOS?

I did notice that the MacOS version is missing all the mp4 files ing the movies. which could be why the scenes are freezing.

Sinedio

Jan 28, 2019
I'm pull

I can't find the folder names "www" anywhere inside the Game.app > Contents Folder. Are you talking about the Windows version or the MacOS?

I did notice that the MacOS version is missing all the mp4 files ing the movies. which could be why the scenes are freezing.
Yup. We're talking about the Windows release.

Looked inside the Mac app. It's missing the movies *shrug*

4.00 star(s) 105 Votes