Cephsus

Apr 8, 2022
How do you trigger the BJ scene with Zack at the Gym?

When you meet the two IT guys Zack hints that he has already had one with MC. I know from searching here there is such a scene but no mention of when its suppose to happen. Only scene i have so fare is him in the shower with MC.

UserPotato

May 7, 2021
The same as for any other app/game you download from dubious sources/archives: you have to fix the permissions of the executable in the app.
Start by opening up the app (right click, Show Package Contents) and navigate to /Contents/MacOs. There you'll find the executable, which in case of RPGM games will be called "nwjs". Its kind should be Unix executable. Double clicking it should launch Terminal, which in turn should launch the game. If that doesn't happen, the executable is missing the execute permission. This will cause the game to fail to start (duh).

You can easily add this execute permission in Terminal with chmod. Open Terminal and type at the prompt "chmod a+x " without the quotes and then drag the nwjs file into the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path for you. Mind there is a space after the x. Hit enter.
Now double click the nwjs file again. The game should now start.
Note: due to the translocation security feature of Gatekeeper, RPGM games might not be able to save changes in Options or game progress. To check this, immediately after the game has started try to change something in the Options to see if that's the case.
I know this had been beaten to death in this thread, but I keep getting "zsh: permission denied:" errors when I enter the chmod a+x command. Do I need to do an xattr - command as well? If so, what order? Thank you in advance.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
I know this had been beaten to death in this thread, but I keep getting "zsh: permission denied:" errors when I enter the chmod a+x command. Do I need to do an xattr - command as well? If so, what order? Thank you in advance.
For starters, could you post a screenshot of the Terminal window when you get this error, just to rule out any spelling or syntax errors ?
Also, you can check the current permission state of the nwjs file by typing "ls -l " (without the quotes) and then dragging the file in the Terminal window. As usual, there should be a space between the l and the filepath.

UserPotato

May 7, 2021
For starters, could you post a screenshot of the Terminal window when you get this error, just to rule out any spelling or syntax errors ?
Also, you can check the current permission state of the nwjs file by typing "ls -l " (without the quotes) and then dragging the file in the Terminal window. As usual, there should be a space between the l and the filepath.
Get info is telling me I have read + write but when I run "ls -l" I get the same zsh denied.

**********@******-MacBook-Pro ~ % ls -l

total 0

drwx------@ 3 ********** staff 96 Apr 22 2022 Applications

drwx------+ 6 ********** staff 192 Oct 26 21:33 Desktop

drwx------+ 5 ********** staff 160 Aug 30 21:39 Documents

drwx------@ 4 ********** staff 128 Oct 26 12:08 Downloads

drwx------@ 84 ********** staff 2688 Sep 28 14:04 Library

drwx------ 4 ********** staff 128 Apr 23 2022 Movies

drwx------+ 3 ********** staff 96 Apr 22 2022 Music

drwx------+ 4 ********** staff 128 Apr 22 2022 Pictures

drwxr-xr-x+ 4 ********** staff 128 Apr 22 2022 Public

***********@******-MacBook-Pro ~ % /Applications/untitled\ folder/The\ Office\ Wife\ V.0.84\ PUBLIC\ MAC/The\ Office\ Wife/Game.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs

zsh: permission denied: /Applications/untitled folder/The Office Wife V.0.84 PUBLIC MAC/The Office Wife/Game.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs

I know it's me not doing something right, just trying to figure it out. I entered "chmod a+x " in the terminal window of "nwjs" and it converts it to an EXEC, but when click the "Game" icon it just crashes as it opens. Pulled this from the Problem Report.

Application Specific Information:
*** single-threaded process forked ***
crashed on child side of fork pre-exec

Last edited:

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Get info is telling me I have read + write but when I run "ls -l" I get the same zsh denied.

**********@******-MacBook-Pro ~ % ls -l

total 0

drwx------@ 3 ********** staff 96 Apr 22 2022 Applications

drwx------+ 6 ********** staff 192 Oct 26 21:33 Desktop

drwx------+ 5 ********** staff 160 Aug 30 21:39 Documents

drwx------@ 4 ********** staff 128 Oct 26 12:08 Downloads

drwx------@ 84 ********** staff 2688 Sep 28 14:04 Library

drwx------ 4 ********** staff 128 Apr 23 2022 Movies

drwx------+ 3 ********** staff 96 Apr 22 2022 Music

drwx------+ 4 ********** staff 128 Apr 22 2022 Pictures

drwxr-xr-x+ 4 ********** staff 128 Apr 22 2022 Public

***********@******-MacBook-Pro ~ % /Applications/untitled\ folder/The\ Office\ Wife\ V.0.84\ PUBLIC\ MAC/The\ Office\ Wife/Game.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs

zsh: permission denied: /Applications/untitled folder/The Office Wife V.0.84 PUBLIC MAC/The Office Wife/Game.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs

I know it's me not doing something right, just trying to figure it out. I entered "chmod a+x " in the terminal window of "nwjs" and it converts it to an EXEC, but when click the "Game" icon it just crashes as it opens. Pulled this from the Problem Report.

Application Specific Information:
*** single-threaded process forked ***
crashed on child side of fork pre-exec
Did you follow the correct sequence ? First, type "ls-l ", then drag the nwjs file, then hit enter ?
If you immediately hit enter after the ls-l you get the listing of homedirectory, not the info of the nwjs file.
It should look more or less like this before you hit enter.
ls -l /Users/pbs666/Downloads/The\ Office\ Wife\ V.0.83\ PUBLIC\ MAC/The\ Office\ Wife/Game.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs

Amun111

May 12, 2020
It's strange that this version fixes a bug with getting stuck in the basement, but I'm still stuck there.

4.00 star(s) 105 Votes