undefiniert

Nov 7, 2018
If someone finds being unable to download from mega since there is that 5 Gb limit why not use Anonfiles?
And it’s full of (scam-)ads beside being slow as hell... Why would I wait HOURS for a download that would take literally a maximum of 5 minutes if not throttled?

doob420

Jul 23, 2017
I'm going to wait for the official public release just to give time for any bug fixes that may pop up. But, boy howdy, that change log has me all like
fatbot-futurama.gif

Reactions: DarkeReises

pr0n

Aug 23, 2017
The game breaking "now loading" bug is back.. was going to give up but eventually managed to ger around it. Happens specifically in Office on top floor.

Edit: Used provided save on the full release, not update.

Last edited:
Reactions: iba1907

dragon337111

Mar 16, 2018
And it’s full of (scam-)ads beside being slow as hell... Why would I wait HOURS for a download that would take literally a maximum of 5 minutes if not throttled?
I use 2 adblocks so I do not get any ads there or on most sites. And, sure it is slow but it is still a possibility if mega is not an option.

On the mega speed, it is several times faster than anon but downloading 5gb+ in 5 minutes? I dont know about that. Maybe you are talking about torrents?

Mega used to be really fast several years ago where I could download a few gbs in 10 or so minutes maybe even faster. But that changed for some reason and it is not because of my internet connection. Even with my account logged and that app of theirs it still takes 5gb several dozens of minutes to download at best.

Even downloading from google drives on fit-girl repacks is faster option for me than mega.

undefiniert

Nov 7, 2018
On the mega speed, it is several times faster than anon but downloading 5gb+ in 5 minutes? I dont know about that. Maybe you are talking about torrents?
No, I am not talking about torrents. I am talking about Mega and it's speed. I ALWAYS downloaded there with fullspeed. Anything. Anytime. The 5GB limit can be overcome with reconnecting to the internet in the most cases. For such files you have to use MEGASync anyway - which is also free and has also the part of a download manager for Mega.
Reconnect - get a new IP - continue download. Simple as that.

Jhony234

Dec 25, 2018
There's some fix for the lag on animated scenes? on older builds this dont happen to me (tbf dont remember when was the last build i download but was one of the latest)

dragon337111

Mar 16, 2018
That IP trick to overcome their arbitrary limit I know of, but how come you get those high download speeds of yours on mega while I get consistently, in comparison to you, several times slower speeds for years regardless of my location and different pcs (be it at home, college etc.) while often not even being logged to my account (just free anon user) or using their app ?

I had such speeds like you but that was long ago. Did they put some weird region locks or what?

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
Man can someone please make a new RenPy version of this game? The old one is Abandoned. This is a damn good game but it's a pain in the ass to play it in RPGM..

Feb 23, 2019
So I can't open the game on mac because apparently I don't have enough authorization, what's up with that? does anx one have a solution for me please.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
If someone finds being unable to download from mega since there is that 5 Gb limit why not use Anonfiles?

I just started downloading from there and it will be completed in 3 to 4 hours. Not very long and it is stable.

Just start to download it in the background and do something else for a while - play some other games, watch some videos/stream etc.

If I can download it while living in a post-communist relatively *developed* central/eastern european nation then I would say that many folks here can do it too since they are probably from much more advanced/ western nations anyway.
I use AnonFiles in combination with Free Download Manager which done 15 connections to it to download it faster and I think t he total time will be around 30mins.

Reactions: dragon337111

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
So I can't open the game on mac because apparently I don't have enough authorization, what's up with that? does anx one have a solution for me please.
Common problem.

Two things might have gone wrong:
  • the app is quarantined by Gatekeeper because it's from an unknown developer;
  • the executable inside the app might have lost its execute permission during unzipping
To check quarantine, start Terminal and type "xattr " without the quotes at the prompt and drag the The Office Wife app into the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path for you. Mind there is a space between the command and said path. Hit enter. If you see com.apple.quarantine in the results, the app is quarantined.
To remove the quarantine, type "xattr -d com.apple.quarantine " and drag the app again into the window. Hit enter. Quarantine should now be removed.

To check the second case, you need to look into the contents of the app: right click on The Office Wife app, pick Show package contents. Navigate to /Contents/MacOS/. Inside that folder you'll see a file called nwjs. That file should be a Unix executable. If it's anything else, it has lost its execute permission.
To fix this, start Terminal and type "chmod a+x " without the quotes at the prompt and drag the file inside the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path for you. Again mind there is a space between the command and the path. Hit enter. The file should now be executable.

As a general precaution, make a duplicate of the app first before changing its attributes or permissions.

Reactions: undefiniert
Feb 23, 2019
Common problem.

Two things might have gone wrong:
  • the app is quarantined by Gatekeeper because it's from an unknown developer;
  • the executable inside the app might have lost its execute permission during unzipping
To check quarantine, start Terminal and type "xattr " without the quotes at the prompt and drag the The Office Wife app into the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path for you. Mind there is a space between the command and said path. Hit enter. If you see com.apple.quarantine in the results, the app is quarantined.
To remove the quarantine, type "xattr -d com.apple.quarantine " and drag the app again into the window. Hit enter. Quarantine should now be removed.

To check the second case, you need to look into the contents of the app: right click on The Office Wife app, pick Show package contents. Navigate to /Contents/MacOS/. Inside that folder you'll see a file called nwjs. That file should be a Unix executable. If it's anything else, it has lost its execute permission.
To fix this, start Terminal and type "chmod a+x " without the quotes at the prompt and drag the file inside the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path for you. Again mind there is a space between the command and the path. Hit enter. The file should now be executable.

As a general precaution, make a duplicate of the app first before changing its attributes or permissions.
hey thanks mate, i´ve done both of the points you mentioned because both problems where there. The pup up that im not allowed to open the game is now gone but it just doesnt start do you have a solution for that too?

It says now that it failed to launch GPU process

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PBS666

mikedustin12

Nov 20, 2020
That IP trick to overcome their arbitrary limit I know of, but how come you get those high download speeds of yours on mega while I get consistently, in comparison to you, several times slower speeds for years regardless of my location and different pcs (be it at home, college etc.) while often not even being logged to my account (just free anon user) or using their app ?

I had such speeds like you but that was long ago. Did they put some weird region locks or what?
Downloading without an account 130 mb/s right now

4.00 star(s) 105 Votes