jsdeacon

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Are save files not working or carrying over from previous versions for anyone else? Also would some one be willing to please share .40 mac update. We are a few versions behind. Patreons, TY.
You can get V.0.40 for Mac on my page for free. It comes with two saves - one starting at Enchantment 25 and one starting at Enchantment 30 where the last update left off. I do not guarantee old saves will work since I often make changes to older parts of the game which can mess them up.

Reactions: kino4ka and Calyps0

Zer0zero

Oct 26, 2017
Stuck on 28 enchantments. Hint and walkthrough say to go to O'Shannons for lunch and then some bathroom scene will happen - its not. Endless loop of lunch.

Calyps0

Mar 24, 2018
You can get V.0.40 for Mac on my page for free. It comes with two saves - one starting at Enchantment 25 and one starting at Enchantment 30 where the last update left off. I do not guarantee old saves will work since I often make changes to older parts of the game which can mess them up.
Where are the "Saves" and how do I access them? When I open the game (thanks for the link) the "Continue" bar is grayed out despite having played (And saved) up to the end of the last update...I spend hours re-playing everything. Sort of fun the first few times...but now quite tiring. Any help locating those saves on a MAC? Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 12.56.39 AM.png

Looper9

Oct 27, 2017
Stuck on 28 enchantments. Hint and walkthrough say to go to O'Shannons for lunch and then some bathroom scene will happen - its not. Endless loop of lunch.
Are you having lunch with Andy when you go in to O'Shannons? You need to eat with him twice at 28 to get the scene. The second time the bathroom scene occurs.

MrGhostRider

Jun 7, 2017
The Office Wife [v0.40] compressed*

- Original Size (PC): 1.77 GB

Compressed version for PC (168MB): - - -

*This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There's an audio file missing in the compressed version, so the game won't load for me. Can you please check it and re up??

My Bad, the file was there all along, the error caused by too much nested folders while unzipping.

Last edited:

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Where are the "Saves" and how do I access them? When I open the game (thanks for the link) the "Continue" bar is grayed out despite having played (And saved) up to the end of the last update...I spend hours re-playing everything. Sort of fun the first few times...but now quite tiring. Any help locating those saves on a MAC? View attachment 807747
Unlike renpy, rpgmaker saves locally. What I mean is, the saves are created inside the game's folder. So if you play a version of the game, and then delete that version (folder and all contents), then you are also deleting all of your saves.

Saves for rpgmaker are generally found in
[gamefolder]/www/save/

If you want to use saves from one download and install in another download and install, you must move/copy the save folder from the old installation to the new one.

Reactions: Calyps0

jsdeacon

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Where are the "Saves" and how do I access them? When I open the game (thanks for the link) the "Continue" bar is grayed out despite having played (And saved) up to the end of the last update...I spend hours re-playing everything. Sort of fun the first few times...but now quite tiring. Any help locating those saves on a MAC? View attachment 807747
I just double checked and discovered that the saves are not in the Public Mac version. I am fixing that now and uploading a new version. In the meantime, I have also just the save folder that you can manually insert into the game in the The Office Wife V.0.40 MAC PUBLIC\The Office Wife\Game.app\Contents\Resources\app.nw folder.

Calyps0

Mar 24, 2018
On mac I downloaded it but it keeps saying "the application "game" cannot be opened" anybody know how to fix this?
You have to use another unzip program like "The Unarchiver" to unzip it. Then it will open and you can play it but if you try to open the options menu or save it the game crashes. That is because the game file needs to be clicked and dragged to another folder or your desktop in order to properly run.

Flash001

AKA Curious Pervert
Donor
Compressor
Jun 26, 2017
There's an audio file missing in the compressed version, so the game won't load for me. Can you please check it and re up??
1599656072042.png
The game worked fine on some save which was already in the game. Can you post the screenshot of the error?

MrGhostRider

Jun 7, 2017
View attachment 808022
The game worked fine on some save which was already in the game. Can you post the screenshot of the error?
Sorry i forgot to update. The audio file was present there but the game didn't recognize it. It was due to the way the file was zipped (too much nesting in folders structure). So i moved the folders where there's less nesting and the game played fine.

Reactions: Flash001

peas

Jul 31, 2018
Now that the husband is fired maybe the wife come have a couple of days working in sales where she uses sex to help make a sale with a big commission. And I still hope the poor guard who wishes her good day every morning gets some action.

Zer0zero

Oct 26, 2017
Are you having lunch with Andy when you go in to O'Shannons? You need to eat with him twice at 28 to get the scene. The second time the bathroom scene occurs.
Yeah I ate with him like six times at 28. I ended up rolling back like 5 enchantments and redoing it - worked a second time. No idea why.

truerty

Dec 30, 2018
When is this game getting its next update? I just found out about it, played till the end and now i want more!

Reactions: GateC.

Calyps0

Mar 24, 2018
I just double checked and discovered that the saves are not in the Public Mac version. I am fixing that now and uploading a new version. In the meantime, I have also just uploaded the save folder that you can manually insert into the game in the The Office Wife V.0.40 MAC PUBLIC\The Office Wife\Game.app\Contents\Resources\app.nw folder.
I followed your directions to insert the save file to a T. But still have the "continue" option darkened and cannot click it. I know you mentioned adding them to the patreon public release but that link is dead (for mac) on patreon...any help?

jsdeacon

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
I followed your directions to insert the save file to a T. But still have the "continue" option darkened and cannot click it. I know you mentioned adding them to the patreon public release but that link is dead (for mac) on patreon...any help?
Hmm, that's strange that the save files aren't working. Here is the in full with the saves. The link the Patreon OP is dead, but the link on my Patreon main page is the working link. Let me know if that works for you or not.

Reactions: Calyps0
4.00 star(s) 105 Votes