VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Psychologist [v1.00] [ForFunGames]

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes

mr.rooter

Jun 3, 2017
Holy, the devs been making this game for what? Over 6 months? And still nothing but a ridiculous amount of text and a pair of tits? Save your time and skip this. Im not sure how this guy still has patrons. His renders are excellent, sure, but there is zero content in a game thats been under production for the better half of a year. /rant over.

mr.rooter

Jun 3, 2017
He doesn't, he's not on patreon, just developing this on his blog. Worth cutting him some slack as he's not getting paid for any of this.
I guess I spoke too soon, I just dont understand if dev isnt getting paid for this, why not wait to release an update until there is actual content to play. Seeing that he isnt milking patreons for money, i suppose there really isnt really anything to complain about, it just seems odd he would keep releasing updates with no content.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Probably to build up the story by taking smaller steps instead on big ass stair. The story this games seems to be loosely build upon has 16 parts with around 3k-4k word, so it'd take some time to get game story on the road. The written story only focuses on the wife and daughter though, so it takes more time to develop the other characters as well.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
waiiit a minute. so it's not the full version then? who the heck declared it as version 1.0 then?
also, does it really end at day 3? where is the sandbox aspect?

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
waiiit a minute. so it's not the full version then? who the heck declared it as version 1.0 then?
also, does it really end at day 3? where is the sandbox aspect?
1.0 doesn't mean final, different devs have different versioning schemes, this is the same for 'normal' software developers as well.

Take a look at your browser version number for example.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
1.0 NORMALLY means, that the main game is finished. if it is e.g. 1.4 it means, that they put even more content into it (then they first wanted to) or simply improved it even further.

firefox was ready at version 1.0. everything after it were updates that improved it even more.
everything below 1.0 are betas or alphas. meaning: it either doesn't have the full content they wanted to add yet or it might still have a lot of harsh bugs (not just small bugs).

Myla

May 13, 2017
Modding the variables in this game is easy cause there is a file in the game folder that just tells you the variables:

name = "Me"
nGinny_Love = 0
nGinny_Sexuality = 0

nTiffany_Love = 0
nTiffany_Sexuality = 0

nGeorgia_Love = 0
nGeorgia_Sexuality = 0

nMaria_Love = 0
nMaria_Sexuality = 0

So just like a normal renpy game open the console and you can change the values. I currently don't see any reason to do so since there are no sex scenes currently

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
1.0 NORMALLY means, that the main game is finished. if it is e.g. 1.4 it means, that they put even more content into it (then they first wanted to) or simply improved it even further.

firefox was ready at version 1.0. everything after it were updates that improved it even more.
everything below 1.0 are betas or alphas. meaning: it either doesn't have the full content they wanted to add yet or it might still have a lot of harsh bugs (not just small bugs).
And you think the between FireFox 57 and 58 warrant an increment in the "major" version number?

1.0 could mean first release, it could signify "Day 1" finished, it could mean absolutely anything. The versioning scheme is purely down to the developer, and there are out there. I see so many people complaining about versioning schemes in threads, the most important thing is for users to be able to tell versions apart.

If you're in doubt, check to see if the game has a thread prefix or read the OP and changelog if applicable.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
and yet the game jumps from 0.3 to 1.0.
jeah whatever. 1.0 my ass -.-.

here a better explanation for versionnumbers (wiki isn't always the best source and is often used for general stuff; in this case, industry products and so on are included, games however are handlded a bit differently in reality):
and here it stated, that the first number normally is the major number and changes whenever a milestone is reached.
ofc you can date it the way you want it. VH uses the date when its realeased for its version. but once you have decided the way you wanna number it you have to stick to it. here it simply doesn't.

by the way: yes firefox 58 is a new major number. its a totally different firefox than it was before. the coding was completely redone and it took them years to finish this project. thats why firefox was way behind google chrome and IE before firefox 58. it's called quantum for a reason ya know. the first firefox also started typically: alpha state, beta state, first major breakthrough with 1.0 and than updating it all the time along with the new OS ans new threats that became part of the internet. so it's legit to ask why the heck this game now has 1.0 instead of 0.4 or 1.0 demo or whatever. a simple [unfinished] sign would help everyone who is expecting a full game here.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
The highest voted and accepted answer:
There is no standard, but you should do it in a way that makes sense to you and contains all the information you may need to track that build.
Another top rated answer:
As far as I know, there is no standard for that. Practice will vary depending on companies, teams and projects: there is no such thing as a best practice.

yes firefox 58 is a new major number. its a totally different firefox than it was before. the coding was completely redone and it took them years to finish this project. thats why firefox was way behind google chrome and IE before firefox 58. it's called quantum for a reason ya know. the first firefox also started typically: alpha state, beta state, first major breakthrough with 1.0 and than updating it all the time along with the new OS ans new threats that became part of the internet. so it's legit to ask why the heck this game now has 1.0 instead of 0.4 or 1.0 demo or whatever. a simple [unfinished] sign would help everyone who is expecting a full game here.
Firefox 57 was quantum, 58 was just a few small improvements. Since Firefox 5, Mozilla have started using a "rapid release" schedule where there will always be a new Firefox "major version" every 1-2 months, regardless of the changes made. Again, this is developer prerogative.

Regardless, we're getting a bit offtopic. I just wanted to point out that this whole belief that 1.0 always means "final" is incorrect, there is no standard, and it's not an attempt by a developer to trick everyone.

seden

Aug 22, 2016
As to version number, if going straigt from 1. and there is more than 10 days..

Which is why, going by days would be better using secondary numbers (0.1 for first day) or dual numbers if the number of days is high.

Lingam

Oct 20, 2017
Yes but noone ever came into a forum such as this and said "what the hell I thought this was a finished game" about something labeled '0.4'.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Firefox 57 was quantum, 58 was just a few small improvements.
you are right there. wrong version from me, sorry. well, for them it's enough to call it 58 ^^. stuff after the main number is reserved for bug fixes if i recall it correctly.
but you can also use other examples like warthunder, (or they are billions and so on). generally, AAA games have a similar way of using versionnumbers like i explained. that might also be the reason why quite some people are confused when they read 1.0 and don't see a full game yet. but okay, fuck it. you still got me with firefox so i will let it slip.

but i still feel tricked by the developer. it's just, that the jumping from 0.3 to 1.0 is without a reason. but so be it. i will leave it with that. you aren't at fault for the versionnumber after all and i if the developer shows up here i will simply tell him my opinion about this.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@

They at one time stop working on this and it was set to abandoned and they just recently just came back and started working on it again so no they haven't been working on this for over 6 months.

---

For me I never pay attention to a games versioning numbers all I pay attention is if the game is good or not.

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
Fuck, what a pointless derailment.
Na, not utterly pointless. Dev realized the initial version wasn't thought through. hope this new attempt has better mechanics. less bugs and more content. So yeah, just everything it should have had already.^^

Edit: This game is now a classic VN with a lot more dialogue / scenes than before. The progression is therefore a littler slower than in the original. So far an improvement, given that the corruption grind was not at all developed.

Not much echii stuff for now, unless you prefer the wifu.

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes