VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Psychologist [v1.00] [ForFunGames]

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes

SirAuron20

May 11, 2017
Games by multi-billion dollar studios are filled with bugs, and they get you to pay them to test it with "Early Access" and open betas. Dark Cookie always releases bug fixes within days, after thousands of people have played the game and had a chance to spot things his small team couldn't. Get off your fucking high horse and go make a perfect, bug free game the first time if you're so fucking great.
First calm your freaking head, thats my opinion about DC as i stated you are the fucks that complain about something thats totally free and the guy is not even on patreon anymore, but he still cares enough to continue w/e he can, thats more than i can see about your precious DC :) peace out!

Reactions: UncleVT

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
As to version number, if going straigt from 1. and there is more than 10 days..

Which is why, going by days would be better using secondary numbers (0.1 for first day) or dual numbers if the number of days is high.
Every developer tends to have their own logic for using version numbering... I don't fault anyone for how they choose to go about it... There are several types of standards some folks do follow, but as of yet there is really no complete Industry Standard that is pressured onto developers of this genre...

In any case, due to the version number change for this project, I decided to see if it had any drastic changes from when the version was entitled Remake Demo, and really it is just some additional game day content added to the Remake Demo, along with a version number implementation... I went ahead and updated my review again...

Goblina Lover

May 20, 2017
iv been out of touch with this thread

i have a question, did the creator change the story? is the game play the same?

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017

The story is pretty much the same, gameplay is different. More like a VN (maybe meaningful choices in the future), but no more sessions.

Reactions: Goblina Lover

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
The story is pretty much the same, gameplay is different. More like a VN (maybe meaningful choices in the future), but no more sessions.
Yeah the sessions / meetings are now story driven and you can choose A or B basically.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
First calm your freaking head, thats my opinion about DC as i stated you are the fucks that complain about something thats totally free and the guy is not even on patreon anymore, but he still cares enough to continue w/e he can, thats more than i can see about your precious DC :) peace out!
I never said anything about forfungames, as far as I'm concerned he can do one release a year if he pleases, since he's doing this with no expectation of payment. He chose to set a deadline for himself and he decided to keep to it. Personally I think there's plenty of new content in this release, don't know why people think it's sparse. You're the one who decided to turn the conversation into a shit-talking thread about DC. You could have made your point to the other guy you replied to initially without taking a dump on someone else to do it. And before you come up with some DC fanboi response, I am not, haven't even pledged to STS, just don't like when people decide to be armchair developers without providing any proof they know what they're talking about.

I'm really trying to play through this, but I can't stop laughing because everybody says "I see.." every 3 seconds.
Yea the dev could make some better writing choices, there's a lot of repetition and unnecessary words.

SirAuron20

May 11, 2017
I never said anything about forfungames, as far as I'm concerned he can do one release a year if he pleases, since he's doing this with no expectation of payment. He chose to set a deadline for himself and he decided to keep to it. Personally I think there's plenty of new content in this release, don't know why people think it's sparse. You're the one who decided to turn the conversation into a shit-talking thread about DC. You could have made your point to the other guy you replied to initially without taking a dump on someone else to do it. And before you come up with some DC fanboi response, I am not, haven't even pledged to STS, just don't like when people decide to be armchair developers without providing any proof they know what they're talking about.
Yeah cuz unlike you im a patreon to 7 ppl which DC was one of them for a long time before i decided to drop him...
so yeah im gonna judge and criticize what i payed for...

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Yeah cuz unlike you im a patreon to 7 ppl which DC was one of them for a long time before i decided to drop him...
so yeah im gonna judge and criticize what i payed for...
I didn't say I didn't patronize anybody, just not DC. I can see how you'd be dissapointed in the pace but he shows how hard he's working with his streams, so it's not like he's a scammer.

Jansen

May 8, 2017
Can someone answer my below question:
Old Version - ThePsychologist-0.20-pc
Zip size: 1.19GB, After Extraction: 4.03GB

New Version:ThePsychologist-100-win
Zip size: 346MB, After Extraction: 438MB

What is the difference between the two content wise??
If no change and v1.00 is the latest then has the dev. heavily compressed the game shrinking it to minimal??
I have both files on my pc and want to delete the old version due to large file size? Should i delete v.20 and keep v1.00 one?

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Can someone answer my below question:
Old Version - ThePsychologist-0.20-pc
Zip size: 1.19GB, After Extraction: 4.03GB

New Version:ThePsychologist-100-win
Zip size: 346MB, After Extraction: 438MB

What is the difference between the two content wise??
If no change and v1.00 is the latest then has the dev. heavily compressed the game shrinking it to minimal??
I have both files on my pc and want to delete the old version due to large file size? Should i delete v.20 and keep v1.00 one?
The larger one is the old game. The new version has gone in a totally different direction. Personally I kept both the .30 of the old one and update the new version, but do what you want.

Jansen

May 8, 2017
The larger one is the old game. The new version has gone in a totally different direction. Personally I kept both the .30 of the old one and update the new version, but do what you want.
Oh means both games are different in gameplay and content wise. Thanks for the info. Also where did you get v0.30 version?? I have v.20

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Oh means both games are different in gameplay and content wise. Thanks for the info. Also where did you get v0.30 version?? I have v.20
It was in this thread, guess they took it off? I can reup later, just PM me to remind me.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017

Originally it was going for a mix of visual novel and grind style game play, but now that was abandoned and redone to be primarily a visual novel style game play... Some alterations to the story and visuals were made for this current incarnation... It is not as detailed as it was before, and not as hyper focused on the protagonists hypnosis skill as it was before... But most of the prior elements and story are still present in this version...

Reactions: Goblina Lover

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Indeed, curious how it will affect the progression rate of the game this said.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
and not as hyper focused on the protagonists hypnosis skill as it was before...
That's true and on the hand I find it a little sad since I like psychology (not necessarily just to get into some girls pants, but in general), but it might come back a little less detailed anyway, there is enough room to bring it back at least. Maybe something like two or more girls want to relax, who do you want to help (first)? Something like this.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
That's true and on the hand I find it a little sad since I like psychology (not necessarily just to get into some girls pants, but in general), but it might come back a little less detailed anyway, there is enough room to bring it back at least. Maybe something like two or more girls want to relax, who do you want to help (first)? Something like this.
Originally there was a lot more focus on the psychological aspect of the protagonist, which was actually intriguing, but there is more focus on the character development and interactions now then before... In some ways, it does feel like a totally different story, but in other ways it feels the same... It's hard to explain, but so far it's not bad... I just hope the twists being teased don't go the melodrama route...

dedi33

Jan 27, 2018
Very good game IMO but there are 4 things I don t like:

1. The background appearing before the characters (not in the same time). Each time it happens it breaks the immersion.
2. The clothes on daughter which follow to much the shape of the breast. It s like she s not wearing a T-shirt but the T shirt is painted on her boobs...
3. The wife design. The couple is supposed to be married for 20 years, so she should be around 40yo at least, but she look s like 18...
4. Last one is totally subjective, it s just my opinion, but I think Maria is not attractive at all

lots`o`fap

Dec 22, 2017
I played v0.30 for a bit. Is there sex in this game? Second question, v1.0.0 seems quite a bit smaller in file size. I suppose it's a mod of sorts?

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes