Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
View attachment 4013263
I can't move past this. There were only two candidates available and the game demanded I choose 3 people.
*sighs*....

Use the phone...

I'm a bit weak with python, but the problem is 'if kari.experience | 32' is missing a conditional. Performing an OR with 32 will always return non-zero and that's typically interpreted as true. He probably meant it to be & 32 rather than | 32.

I'm not saying his code isn't a clusterfuck, but this particular problem is probably a misinterpretation of bitwise operators.
'What' the problem is...doesn't really matter. It's the fact that still...and continuing with every damn update...they exist...and exist...and exist. The whole scripts are fucked from start to finish with bad code, incorrect calls, variables being completely ignored, shit being said/happening that shouldn't....

That's not even mentioning all the story elements that have just been completely left, ignored or forgotten about with even more crap thrown on top....

Last edited:

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
View attachment 4013263
I can't move past this. There were only two candidates available and the game demanded I choose 3 people.
Togs tried to fix an edge case in the hiring menu in 11.06 and broke something else in doing so. Haven't looked at the script for the latest release but believe the current issue happens if you try to hire Kari or Mallory.

Other than that, as mentioned above, there are some candidates that need a phone call (after the London visit) to become available.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
*sighs*....

Use the phone...

'What' the problem is...doesn't really matter. It's the fact that still...and continuing with every damn update...they exist...and exist...and exist. The whole scripts are fucked from start to finish with bad code, incorrect calls, variables being completely ignored, shit being said/happening that shouldn't....

That's not even mentioning all the story elements that have just been completely left, ignored or forgotten about with even more crap thrown on top....
Oh, I get it. I paused playing the game at early version 10. I wasn't happy with the apparent direction (too many different women with limited purpose, aimless plot, too many 'off' situations I was less and less interested in, too many instances of script rework blowing up saves, bugged situations). I only come back once in a while to see if the ship is stabilizing, still listing, or has sunk. Still listing and taking on more water seems to be the order of the day.

Reactions: Maviarab

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Very! Very soon !!!! Dev works in days ... Sunday will come next for you to play.
I don't know what the point of such updates is. 11.05, 06, 07, 08? Will we even see version 12? And if so, when?
Dev is already working on Sunday, Day 84 while renders are going on for a week now.

cat9876

Jan 23, 2018
Build 1108 Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
ok, so the developer created a game with 79 characters and then makes updates that include like 2 or 3 at a time? it also seems crazy that the game is on day 83 when he does updates that only cover half a day, or one day at best. is the dev just milking the game at this point? is this game dead?

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
Ugghhhh this VN is so fucking annoying at times....and Togs wonders why people fucking complain..

Code:
p "... and now you want to try anal?"

l "I do, but I'm still working up the courage! Do you think it's wrong?"

if kari.experience | 32:

p "No, it's all the rage! Even Kari seems to like taking it in the ass!"

scene d79-15-office-501
            if loispierced:
                show d79-15-office-501-p
            if loissub:
                show d79-15-office-501-c
            with dissolve

l "Kari? Really?"

p "Yes, she came so fast you wouldn't believe it!"
This is on a Lois solo path (with a new playthrough) and kari.experience is actually 1...nowherefuckingnear the required 32. His godamn code is such a fucking clusterfuck of over-complication (which he isn't competent enough to do) between his 112 different script files...yes, I will say that again, 112 different individual script files which all call to each other...

the godamn Kayla might be pregnant talk and Lois calling you a whore still hasn't been fixed yet either even when you haven't touched Kayla....Ash complains it's been too long since you fucked her in this last update...even though again, only person done anything with is Lois (though on romance route...foget when the last time anything did actually happen with her)..*sighs*

So close to being done with this...and to think once upon time I was a patreon too....
Know the feeling, looked forward to this title doing well back when it wasn't complicated by extremities.
As with following any code, course of conduct, there is cause and effect (not meaning to label it Karma).
Multitude of LI's having X-Amount categories, sub-categories, is subject to a Straitjacket of consequence.

Par for the course, perhaps? :HideThePain:

MikeOG

Dec 28, 2022
is the swinging stuff still bugged in this update ?
I remember one of the girls can go with the old man but in the last update I still have the bug when it skips that. Even if I over selected the options again in the previous days of the game

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
I really like this game. However, I refuse to start a new game EVERY update. And that has been the case the past 8+ updates.

Before anyone says it is the mod, it is not. I have both a modded version and an unmodded version. And both require a new start with each update. I am not sure if the dev is changing code that breaks the saves or not, but it is something. And if it was the mod, then the version without the mod would work and it does not.

Best of luck dev.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Know the feeling, looked forward to this title doing well back when it wasn't complicated by extremities.
As with following any code, course of conduct, there is cause and effect (not meaning to label it Karma).
Multitude of LI's having X-Amount categories, sub-categories, is subject to a Straitjacket of consequence.

Par for the course, perhaps? :HideThePain:
I know....I know...I mean even simple little things that couldn't possibly be coded wrong...are...

Another example being, Kari leaves, taking Tilly home...now, if you break off and have fun with her, suddenly you're driving the Bentley back home after 'dropping her off' and not the Range Rover you should be in. Sure, it's a simple small thing...but man, on top of everything else, when a dev can't even get the right damn image linked correctly....you have to wonder...

• Red Heart
Reactions: MrD812

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
I know....I know...I mean even simple little things that couldn't possibly be coded wrong...are...

Another example being, Kari leaves, taking Tilly home...now, if you break off and have fun with her, suddenly you're driving the Bentley back home after 'dropping her off' and not the Range Rover you should be in. Sure, it's a simple small thing...but man, on top of everything else, when a dev can't even get the right damn image linked correctly....you have to wonder...
Tell Tell signs, best of luck for any sharing details with the Dev/Author to help get it sorted successfully.
Personally, cannot see it happening or at the least any time soon.

• Sad
Reactions: Maviarab

Loxxxthenasty

May 1, 2020
Made myself a new compressed version (~875MB, 90% image quality), using megalol's ultra fast compression tool and it works in JoiPlay. Also, the full version has no problem running in JoiPlay.

Depending on the tool and setting used, this happens once in a while. While this isn't a big deal it is important to know where the problem does not reside with JoiPlay. The latest app is still up to date as far as I'm concerned. It played all I threw at it in the past couple of months (except Ren'Py games that have online elements).
Um.... Share???

AssRider

Jul 4, 2017
Um.... Share???

Be aware that this compressed version is almost double the size of the one JokerLeader posted. The only thing I did was to compress images to 90% quality.

Also, it is intended for JoiPlay, so it lacks the "lib" folder needed to play the game on Windows. One could just copy that folder from the original or previously compressed version.

Jukke55

Oct 20, 2019
is the swinging stuff still bugged in this update ?
I remember one of the girls can go with the old man but in the last update I still have the bug when it skips that. Even if I over selected the options again in the previous days of the game
Make sure that your Fetishs level is 3 or the old man will go home alone.

3.70 star(s) 83 Votes