VN Ren'Py The Scheme of Betrayal [v0.2] [Fronz]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Frxnz

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2022
As my colleagues told me, the translation error occurs due to changing some lines in the translation, it even happens due to correcting typos, which I was not aware of. I apologize for this omission, everything will be fixed in the new version

Reactions: TheMarquis

TheMarquis

Jan 29, 2023
As my colleagues told me, the translation error occurs due to changing some lines in the translation, it even happens due to correcting typos, which I was not aware of. I apologize for this omission, everything will be fixed in the new version
Don't worry man, glad we could test it and find the issue ^^

BigMal235

Nov 8, 2023
How could anyone give this game 2 stars, is beyond me. I mean, I can see clear defects, like Russian text appearing, some spelling and few English translation issues and some silly scenes, like why the hell two mercenaries take their handbags to the mission... All that aside the writing is not bad (it picks up in the second episode a little, but it could be still improved), but the overall atmosphere, renders and music are great. Btw. that's another game that takes a combination of fantastic renders and ambient music from SG (unless it's a coincidence). Solid 3 stars so far with a potential of going 4 stars if we get less fighting in hills and cringe faces from the Mc and more good dialogues from the confident MC

Frxnz

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2022
How could anyone give this game 2 stars, is beyond me. I mean, I can see clear defects, like Russian text appearing, some spelling and few English translation issues and some silly scenes, like why the hell two mercenaries take their handbags to the mission... All that aside the writing is not bad (it picks up in the second episode a little, but it could be still improved), but the overall atmosphere, renders and music are great. Btw. that's another game that takes a combination of fantastic renders and ambient music from SG (unless it's a coincidence). Solid 3 stars so far with a potential of going 4 stars if we get less fighting in hills and cringe faces from the Mc and more good dialogues from the confident MC
Everyone has their own opinions and they have a place. Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it. Yes, for me SG is something to look up to. This is my very first project, I've never done any script writing or rendering work, but you guys are helping me become better. Thanks more for your time, I hope to enjoy the next episodes more.

Frxnz

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2022
I've been just skipping all text in VNs lately, but this was actually a well written game. I understand the dev is Russian and translation has some issues, but it's fine. I also noticed some text isn't translated at all, but I understood the gist of it.
Will this be a harem or single LI?

Good luck, dev.

Edit: Quick mock-up signature
Thank you so much for the feedback. And thank you so much for using my game icon, it's incredibly nice, I really appreciate it, thanks again!

Assman_6969

Dec 6, 2020
So first off from what I could sit through (I made it to the Jenny Dream, Jenny is smokin hott! ) which not even sure if it is halfway point but the women all look great and doesn't seem to be look a likes atb all to any I can think of which is awesome! To have every female look great makes this game stand out already in a group of games that are about 0% able to say this detail. That is where the good ends and goes into a weak plot so far with yet another amnesia idea game and it seems the mc is headed down the beta do everything he is told and can't speak for himself mc that is in far too many of these games and it is far past time to STOP with that dumb troupe. We are told by the 2 partners he was not this before boom happens but he wakes up a whiny bitch who defends the idiots who just had a huge knife at your throat admitting they were going to behead you and mc decides to question the 2 there to save his stupid ass! Anyway the biggest issue here is the lack of making sense in almost all of the dialog! When anyone is talking it is almost mind blowingly dumb what is being said at points and that is if you can figure out the way it is meant said to begin with! It will have your brain trying to work harder than needs to and when you are moving along with this you get to the next issue of not knowing whats said at all. Even after you get it switched out of origial lang. and you are in the english version it keeps randomily going back into Russian, if that is the original lang.. You already are on the struggle bus to get the conversations and at key points where the bad english is crucial for you to really understand anything that is happening, suddenly the script is back into Russian making you have not a clue bwhat was said and can't even try to guess at it with the english qualityfrom the line before lol. It has so much potential just from visuals if it just had a whole new dialog that was far better it would make all the difference! (The fucktard in the bar was bout to make me quit then and afterwards I only lasted like 2 more mins and had to stop & quit!)
This needs a far better person who can translate the original language into english and not only just that but if they can work with the dev on the original conversations and dialog from the scripts so they actually make sense and not have the player try to figure out even basic communication between 2 people or more when they converse. Hope it gets cleaned up and tries to address the issues cause it could be tons better with the right fixes!

Hazel_tcsv-sig.gif Elena_KG_sig.gif C_VANIA_ON_MY_WAY_HOME_SIG.gif

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
dev please add a rename character option when starting the game.. or can someone make the rename mod asap.. really cant stand the name vincent and it ruins the immersion of getting into the character and feeling like your involved in the story playing as someone else..
as for anyone saying blah blah if you read a story book its a preset character blah blah.. heard it all before and this isnt a story book its a Visual Novel and the whole purpose is to have that immersion into the narrative..
There are countless other VNs out there with such a option and if others like myself like that option then they too will look elsewhere than continue playing this especially with so many uses of bad english, incorrect terms and poor russian to english translation..

Frxnz

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2022
So first off from what I could sit through (I made it to the Jenny Dream, Jenny is smokin hott! ) which not even sure if it is halfway point but the women all look great and doesn't seem to be look a likes atb all to any I can think of which is awesome! To have every female look great makes this game stand out already in a group of games that are about 0% able to say this detail. That is where the good ends and goes into a weak plot so far with yet another amnesia idea game and it seems the mc is headed down the beta do everything he is told and can't speak for himself mc that is in far too many of these games and it is far past time to STOP with that dumb troupe. We are told by the 2 partners he was not this before boom happens but he wakes up a whiny bitch who defends the idiots who just had a huge knife at your throat admitting they were going to behead you and mc decides to question the 2 there to save his stupid ass! Anyway the biggest issue here is the lack of making sense in almost all of the dialog! When anyone is talking it is almost mind blowingly dumb what is being said at points and that is if you can figure out the way it is meant said to begin with! It will have your brain trying to work harder than needs to and when you are moving along with this you get to the next issue of not knowing whats said at all. Even after you get it switched out of origial lang. and you are in the english version it keeps randomily going back into Russian, if that is the original lang.. You already are on the struggle bus to get the conversations and at key points where the bad english is crucial for you to really understand anything that is happening, suddenly the script is back into Russian making you have not a clue bwhat was said and can't even try to guess at it with the english qualityfrom the line before lol. It has so much potential just from visuals if it just had a whole new dialog that was far better it would make all the difference! (The fucktard in the bar was bout to make me quit then and afterwards I only lasted like 2 more mins and had to stop & quit!)
This needs a far better person who can translate the original language into english and not only just that but if they can work with the dev on the original conversations and dialog from the scripts so they actually make sense and not have the player try to figure out even basic communication between 2 people or more when they converse. Hope it gets cleaned up and tries to address the issues cause it could be tons better with the right fixes!

View attachment 3341780 View attachment 3341791 View attachment 3341792
Hi and thanks for the review! I will try to make the game better technically and script-wise

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

Frxnz

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2022
dev please add a rename character option when starting the game.. or can someone make the rename mod asap.. really cant stand the name vincent and it ruins the immersion of getting into the character and feeling like your involved in the story playing as someone else..
as for anyone saying blah blah if you read a story book its a preset character blah blah.. heard it all before and this isnt a story book its a Visual Novel and the whole purpose is to have that immersion into the narrative..
There are countless other VNs out there with such a option and if others like myself like that option then they too will look elsewhere than continue playing this especially with so many uses of bad english, incorrect terms and poor russian to english translation..
Hi, I'm thinking about it, it's possible that with the next update there will be an option to change the name

Frxnz

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2022
It would be really great if you could send screenshots to my discord of the places where there are errors and wrong translation

XStoneColdX

Apr 13, 2023
Leaving aside things that can be fixed in future versions, the game promises, so far everything is very good, keep it up!

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
The Scheme of Betrayal [v0.2] Unofficial Android Port

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 440mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Anroid Port Updated..

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Well, this is my second attempt to try and play this title...and still no luck. I'm seeing random dialog that is Russian, yet the game set on English. (missing parts of the story because of this...)

And the game crashes when ever I try to take screen shot. (I get an the RenPy white screen error, which has no choices at the bottom to rollback or even exit, so I'm forced to "ctrl alt del" to shut down Renpy. (I've never seen RenPy titles do this before.)

And I also noticed the text box parameters are really messed up. I normally replace the default text box with my own dark one, as I prefer to have a background to better see the dialog (it's easier on the eyes). But the text box I normally use becomes a real tiny, which doesn't work at all like other titles.

Well I guess I'll wait until the next release to see if this title will function for me. (And I also redownloaded this title twice, and even tried using a different file host.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Frxnz

Frxnz

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2022
Well, this is my second attempt to try and play this title...and still no luck. I'm seeing random dialog that is Russian, yet the game set on English. (missing parts of the story because of this...)

And the game crashes when ever I try to take screen shot. (I get an the RenPy white screen error, which has no choices at the bottom to rollback or even exit, so I'm forced to "ctrl alt del" to shut down Renpy. (I've never seen RenPy titles do this before.)

And I also noticed the text box parameters are really messed up. I normally replace the default text box with my own dark one, as I prefer to have a background to better see the dialog (it's easier on the eyes). But the text box I normally use becomes a real tiny, which doesn't work at all like other titles.

Well I guess I'll wait until the next release to see if this title will function for me. (And I also redownloaded this title twice, and even tried using a different file host.)
Thanks for the detailed bug report, it will help me fix them in the future

Saphfire

Mar 19, 2022
Unfortunately for me the game as it is now is unplayable. The constant switching from english to russian is annoying.
But worst thing is that we are unable to rename the mc. Who wants to play as Vincent?

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes