RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Since no one put the whole post here
Quite interesting discussion on darktoz about the game (no release date yet) and those damn AI generated "art".

Public post, so you are going to find no nudity here. I posted some pictures on my deviantart and twitter in case you want to see some of that ;).
Shadow over Blackmore is coming along nicely, but way too early to give an exact date on the release, so I thought since I haven't done a public post in a while and this is a topic I can't get off my mind right now, it's time.
Artificial intelligence as an artist
I usually catch up late to the newest stuff on the internet, this time as well, but when an AI drawing tutorial on youtube popped up in my recommended section, I went down the rabbit hole and came back with a bunch of drawings...not made by me but by the AI. This might sound a bit like a sponsored post but it's really not...

This is what the AI comes up with when you tell the AI to draw "Darktoz". Meaning you just give the AI engine the simple command "Imagine: Darktoz". It is literally what I've envisioned for parts of the game Shadow over Blackmore. Especially the first picture with the giant gate. Kind of spooky.
I played around with it for a while (unfortunetly they don't let the engine draw lewd content...if that would be the case I guess you wouldn't hear from me for 3 months :D), and I started asking the engine to do stuff that would be useful for my games. Things like logos and emblems for the different fractions for example. Stuff that I would normally spend a lot of time doing myself or pay an artist for.

And the results are stunning! I can't tell you how impressed I am. You literally just tell the AI some keywords like "rat emblem pencil drawing on dark background" and they come up with stuff like this. You can easily do "simple voodoo spider emblem on paper" and the engine gives you...

...something that you could easily find in my game when you discover a book that gives you a hint about the voodoo cult. I am fascinated...and worried.
I don't think this will replace artists in the future, but it will make their job even harder. I already see a lot of this AI stuff popping up on deviantart and other places. People already started selling this AI stuff for money. Like come on, all you did was typing a command and let the AI do the work.
I mean, I hire artists from time to time when I need something special. The map from the Shadow over Blackmore is done by an artist for example. I spend a lot of time and effort on the UI of the game myself...and I spent hours searching for logos on asset stores for the different factions of the game to make the lore.
The AI comes up with a logo in 30 seconds. And it's usually very good. And the artwork is...well...

The AI Draws: "Darktoz - Shadow over Blackmore"...damn that top left picture nailed it, even got a tower.

I don't know what to think of it, I don't know if I end up using it or not, I don't know whether people should be excited or worried. Maybe you guys can tell me :)
I mean, what do you make of this? Is this something that excites you, worries you, makes you curious? Maybe you don't care about this stuff at all?

Well at least the art isn't very consistent at the moment, the AI as problem with faces and eyes most of the time and...at least until now...it cannot do animations :). So you will have to wait a bit until Mistress A.I. replaces good old Darktoz.

"Hot evil redhead vampire mistress in tight leather dress drags a male slave behind her on a metal chain in a medieval village on full moon" - I guess the AI can't do everything... :D

You can play around with one of the AIs for free for a limited amount of time, like 10 pictures or so. If you want to, visit and see what the AI comes up with (you will need discord for it). There are more AIs out there, but this is the only one that I've tested so far.
This post is not an ad btw, might look like it...but you know that I am not brand friendly :D

So, yeah...that's it for this week. See you next week for the usual patreon exclusive stuff! Have an awesome start into the new week and...

...stay kinky!

Gamemaking

Dec 1, 2018
Ehhh, we'll all die of old age before Blackmore becomes a playable game.
Why? It's not like darktoz isn't productive and hasn't finished games before.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. I see you are a long time hater. Don't mind the quote, sorry. Never good to get involved with people who try to spread nothing but negativity. Or give them attention.

Last edited:

KurtisK2007

Apr 2, 2022
update , when ?
Can't rush pure awesomeness. Darktoz as far as all he recent and AMAZING games, will always follow through to the end. You just have to be patient.

was also gonna say for those who dislike futa... i mean the tag is there for a reason. Plus imo Darktoz is one of the very few people who make fucking INCREDIBLE games with them included. Don't like it? Find something else, or just don't complain please. Thank you.

LurkerGuy

Mar 30, 2019
was also gonna say for those who dislike futa... i mean the tag is there for a reason. Plus imo Darktoz is one of the very few people who make fucking INCREDIBLE games with them included. Don't like it? Find something else, or just don't complain please. Thank you.
Well, the futa content is optional and you have a slider that you can use to exclude all futa content. So you don't need to find something else.

Reactions: Dysphorika

KurtisK2007

Apr 2, 2022
Well, the futa content is optional and you have a slider that you can use to exclude all futa content. So you don't need to find something else.
You're right, i was merely just mentioning to those who don't want futa period in the games they play with a creator that makes them so DAMN well! <3. That was all I was saying. I'll shush now. but yea. With nothing else to do but wait, I kinda went back and read everything like a dummy. Anyways I'll shush now :) Can't wait to see the updates soon enough! <3

Reactions: LurkerGuy

SgtHatred607

Oct 16, 2021
I really hope Darktoz remains pro-choice about the whole femdom vs futa issue. I hate futadom. I love seeing them dominated by women but hate seeing them dominate men. It's even worse when people pretend that futadom and femdom are somehow interchangeable. If they were then none of you would think twice about women using strapons. They are two different genres made for two different kinds of people.

Mar 17, 2021
I really hope Darktoz remains pro-choice about the whole femdom vs futa issue. I hate futadom. I love seeing them dominated by women but hate seeing them dominate men. It's even worse when people pretend that futadom and femdom are somehow interchangeable. If they were then none of you would think twice about women using strapons. They are two different genres made for two different kinds of people.
Being as he implemented that from the beginning of the game, I don't think that will be an issue.

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes