ipps

Dec 27, 2018
This is why i love darktoz... its very old school blizzard. If its not up to his standard, its not getting released. I cant wait for it, but im super patient.

Honestly, i know its a bit hypocritical (being a yarr, pirate!), but he's one of the devs i dont want to interrupt the release schedule of because he's so utterly unique. So long as the big sub tiers get their benefit, im super stoked (because it obviously means more darktoz in the future and less time devoted to 'patreon exclusive' content).

Aleksander K

Sep 22, 2019
I love his creations like many of us, but god damn, it took seven months to release 0.2 version. I understand it's tedious process, takes time and effort, but wait for update for 4 to 7 months... For me it was only reason why i stopped pledge on patreon.

Gamemaking

Dec 1, 2018
I love his creations like many of us, but god damn, it took seven months to release 0.2 version. I understand it's tedious process, takes time and effort, but wait for update for 4 to 7 months... For me it was only reason why i stopped pledge on patreon.
has been 5 months, not 7. and unless he gets icstor type money it will most likely stay like that, with releases every 3-5 months.

weird to me that you stop your pledge because of the only reason you should give him money? to work on it more?

warrenitro

Aug 20, 2021
has been 5 months, not 7. and unless he gets icstor type money it will most likely stay like that, with releases every 3-5 months.

weird to me that you stop your pledge because of the only reason you should give him money? to work on it more?
A while back he asked in a poll if supporters wanted smaller updates faster, or bigger updates which take longer. Apparently this latest update is BIG.

Caejat

Jan 21, 2022
To be devil's advocate, you have to realize that before he worked in other softwares, namely Poser and Visual Novel Maker and now he works in new ones namely DAZ and Ren'Py. He basically switched two softwares and had to learn to work in them, and to be honest, even if Ren'Py is not complicated to learn, you must test each feature you want to use in advance, which takes time. As for DAZ, the program, although very good, is not perfect. In normal use you can encounter a million problems that can delay you for several days before you solve them all.

It's hard work, you have to come up with all the content first, and I can imagine this stage can get you stuck for days, because the scene might work in your head, but when you finish it, it might look weird and you have to come up with something different, probably start over or from some point. And then of course there are other things like creating each character, dressing them, giving them skin, hair, accessories, making the scene, choosing the right location for the scene and it goes on and on. There's also work on music, sounds, dialogues and of course scripting in Ren'Py. So, 6 months may seem like a long time, and it certainly is, but I think it's justifiable. Plus I think he's learned a lot in those 6 months and the next updates should be much faster, if he doesn't get stuck coming up with new content

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes