4.30 star(s) 30 Votes

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
More progression is a very nice thing to have, one thing I'd like to see is a way to reduce the weapon durability cost when using skills. Most often what's keeping me from using skills it's the "do I really hate my current weapon so much?" and not stamina. Stamina very rarely comes into play in fact.
Also Taiwan #1.

Last edited:

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Something that wasn't mentioned in the changelog as far as I read...
DOROELLE'S H-SCENE IS BACK! FINALLY!
Took them long enough, sheesh. Whatever, should just be glad it's back though :)

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
Every few updates or so (like here and here) I post opinions about the game. If you're been like since the beginning of the thread you know where I'm going with this... basically what type of game is the developer looking to make? Typical Dungeon Crawl? Souls-type game? Diablo? We are seeing more Diablo-ish elements like finding jewelry and forging abilities into them, as well as an expanded skill system (attempt to make skills relevant, needs to decrease durability loss on use). All those are nice changes but the one addition I've hated since its inception was littering the "home area" with materials on every respawn.

Unfortunately, still in the game. Now, the dev is having a lot more use for those items by having them be used in construction and seemingly only being able to get materials from the pre-boss areas (no Discarded Steel or Silver Ore to my knowledge). Still, the dungeon really should be the only areas to get freebies until the "Shop" opens.

EDIT: One thing I will say is pre-boss materials being devalued post-boss is a smart decision. You need stronger materials to forge better weapons the higher you go up, and the materials of the pre-boss area won't really cut it post-boss. Also puts an onus on leveling your forging ability (which was a lot easier to max earlier in this game's life).

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
the one addition I've hated since its inception was littering the "home area" with materials on every respawn.
Unfortunately, still in the game.
That's just junk. Ignore it? Exit/re-enter the stage if you have the common MUST-PICK-ITEM obsessive-compulsive disorder. Not criticizing, I'm also like that :whistle:

Now, just picture the most moronic RPG player you can imagine. A worse Leroy Jerking, if you will. That guy could use the last of his materials to make a big sword, just to die 10 turns later - dropping the sword as the moron he is, obviously. Then? He's warped back with no weapon and an empty inventory. And, he ragequits the game (possibly posting a bad review after his 15mn playthrough - he's a moron, remember?).

Well, these junk items are a failsafe. In the very worst case scenario, you can forge and upgrade at least a dagger. That's a smart decision from the devs. You can even dump them on Rezia for her sidequest.

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
That's just junk. Ignore it? Exit/re-enter the stage if you have the common MUST-PICK-ITEM obsessive-compulsive disorder. Not criticizing, I'm also like that :whistle:

Now, just picture the most moronic RPG player you can imagine. A worse Leroy Jerking, if you will. That guy could use the last of his materials to make a big sword, just to die 10 turns later - dropping the sword as the moron he is, obviously. Then? He's warped back with no weapon and an empty inventory. And, he ragequits the game (possibly posting a bad review after his 15mn playthrough - he's a moron, remember?).

Well, these junk items are a failsafe. In the very worst case scenario, you can forge and upgrade at least a dagger. That's a smart decision from the devs. You can even dump them on Rezia for her sidequest.
Hence, that's why having stuff all over the area once (and maybe again after a new level or defeating the boss) is fine. Doing for every single return is silly regardless if this is supposed to be a Souls-type or Diablo-type game. You learn intuitively by repeating the process and if you don't have the common sense to test functions for 2-3 minutes... well I think I answered the question. I'm not trying to be mean, but if people can't figure out the basic (key word) mechanics of this game after 15-30 minutes, maybe they need a ball and cup instead. Actually that would take too much dexterity, so maybe just a pacifier.

• Sad
Reactions: Horagen81

TFM

Mar 7, 2019

Looks like a big update is coming soon™
Whoa.

I haven't been following the thread recently but that's a massive update and that shows the dev has had a really thought-out longterm plan the whole time (was questioned at times last year). I just wish he could make up his mind about the games' direction in terms of difficulty.

4.30 star(s) 30 Votes