4.30 star(s) 57 Votes

risky0

Oct 7, 2022
His childish behavior so far is acceptable in terms of character development, but there is a serious problem, humanity is in danger and Mc is aware of the danger, shouldn't he become more serious and less childish over time?

If he continues like this, he will get no respect from anyone and no one will take him seriously.
But of course you can write the story any way you want, you can make everybody fall in love with him despite his childish behavior, you can make him respected by everybody, but it doesn't make sense. A good story, even if it's a small piece, has to have some credibility in itself.

This childishness of Mc's is really reducing my enjoyment of the game.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I admit I need to replay this but I honestly don't recall the MC ever acting childish unless it was meant to be funny especially when with the best friend forgot his name. Otherwise I disagree he seemed pretty average from what I recall.

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
His childish behavior so far is acceptable in terms of character development, but there is a serious problem

If he continues like this, he will get no respect from anyone and no one will take him seriously.
This childishness of Mc's is really reducing my enjoyment of the game.
I agree that he is acting very childish but in the context of this game, every male character is a bit like that from Alvar to the palace guard, so I guess it's no hindrance to getting respect.
I admit I need to replay this but I honestly don't recall the MC ever acting childish unless it was meant to be funny especially when with the best friend forgot his name. Otherwise I disagree he seemed pretty average from what I recall.
Err...just in this update alone, that whole sequence when he refused a direct summons from the King with a "nah I don't feel like it, what's he gonna do" and had to be carried there on the shoulder of an adult, is the behavior more reflective of a spoilt 5 year old acting out against his dad, than a knight in training responding to his king. (In the era of absolute monarchy, refusing a king's summons is actually considered treasonous - and that is true for practically every culture whether it's HenryVIII, Kublai Khan, or Moctezuma of the Aztecs doing the summoning - and can result in a beheading.)

Having said that, as I said above, most characters are like that and it fits with the tone of that game where the emphasis is humor (the only major characters that are acting semi professionally are Lyra and Nevaeha). Even if we are fighting undead, there's nothing wrong with horror/comedy. Army of Darkness worked, Buffy worked, so I overall am OK with it.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Err...just in this update alone, that whole sequence when he refused a direct summons from the King with a "nah I don't feel like it, what's he gonna do" and had to be carried there on the shoulder of an adult, is the behavior more reflective of a spoilt 5 year old acting out against his dad, than a knight in training responding to his king. (In the era of absolute monarchy, refusing a king's summons is actually considered treasonous - and that is true for practically every culture whether it's HenryVIII, Kublai Khan, or Moctezuma of the Aztecs doing the summoning - and can result in a beheading.)

Having said that, as I said above, most characters are like that and it fits with the tone of that game where the emphasis is humor (the only major characters that are acting semi professionally are Lyra and Nevaeha). Even if we are fighting undead, there's nothing wrong with horror/comedy. Army of Darkness worked, Buffy worked, so I overall am OK with it.
Well I was more going off memory from before like I said I need to replay the game. As well I didn't play this update yet probably won't for a while have a good amount of a backlog of updates I still need to get through.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
I agree that he is acting very childish but in the context of this game, every male character is a bit like that from Alvar to the palace guard, so I guess it's no hindrance to getting respect.

He just wants to make life difficult for Thorne.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Any attempt to save goes to an error screen. I won't play a game that erases all progress.
Save works fine for me, must be probably something on your side. Maybe try to redownload and reinstall the game. Also do not use any mod at the first try (the walkthrough mod isn't updated to v0.8 anyway)

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
Man...kinda like this one so far but why cant story line up with choices....it all feels so kinetic when you do do one thing and story show you did the other......

I turned down the whore/prostitute girl but yet when Lyra ask what MC did doing the day he thinks "i got my dick sucked and came on a prostitutes face" i mean really?...ffs...

Saw a few post that it was a forced scene once but its not anymore so im thinking this is just a line that dev forgot to remove when clicking no to the prostitute.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucid Lancer

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
Man...kinda like this one so far but why cant story line up with choices....it all feels so kinetic when you do do one thing and story show you did the other......

I turned down the whore/prostitute girl but yet when Lyra ask what MC did doing the day he thinks "i got my dick sucked and came on a prostitutes face" i mean really?...ffs...
There is a few weird bits like that. You turn Talitha down (even get a warning it's over), and then MC's runs & skips like a 5 year old, to go on a date with her you never even knew about and are holding hands and sleeping in her bed, drooling about how she cute she is! (I counted 18 WTF moments with Talitha after turning her down). LOL.

But hang in there, it does get a whole lot better in Chapter 3. I thought leaving the village was the turning point, perhaps as Dev got more experience. The Dialogue pathing seems to match up pretty closely, I can't even think of any WTF moments of the top of my head.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
There is a few weird bits like that. You turn Talitha down (even get a warning it's over), and then MC's runs & skips like a 5 year old, to go on a date with her you never even knew about and are holding hands and sleeping in her bed, drooling about how she cute she is! (I counted 18 WTF moments with Talitha after turning her down). LOL.

But hang in there, it does get a whole lot better in Chapter 3. I thought leaving the village was the turning point, perhaps as Dev got more experience. The Dialogue pathing seems to match up pretty closely, I can't even think of any WTF moments of the top of my head.
Never knew all of that cause I never turned her down. Kind of makes me curious of the wtf moments for when I do decide to give this a reply eventually. The one thing I recall never liking about Talitha tho maybe im wrong is you have peek on her or it ends her path right away.

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023

Well thats good to hear, atleast i wont run into all of those Talitha issues since i went after her and now im even more happy i did since those things would drive me crazy, just hate when things dosent line up....and 18 man i wouldent call that a few lol...hell that could turn it into a 1 star game....

Reactions: Hollibolli

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
Never knew all of that cause I never turned her down. Kind of makes me curious of the wtf moments for when I do decide to give this a reply eventually. The one thing I recall never liking about Talitha tho maybe im wrong is you have peek on her or it ends her path right away.
Well thats good to hear, atleast i wont run into all of those Talitha issues since i went after her and now im even more happy i did since those things would drive me crazy, just hate when things dosent line up....and 18 man i wouldent call that a few lol...hell that could turn it into a 1 star game....
I wanted Lyra, so I turned her down. If you don't peek, it says you end her path immediately. And while that's technically true, until you leave you don't act like it. It's mostly just drooling over her and fantasizing, thinking about how good she smells, perving on her numerous times. But you also go on a lake date (excitedly running & skipping), hold hands while eating. Sleeping in her bed, romantic fireside chats. I was very happy when we left the village. I found all that frustrating. But like I said, it does get much better. I was considering stopping, but Dev improved it 100%, to the point it's now sitting inside my top 25 games and in my signature.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I wanted Lyra, so I turned her down. If you don't peek, it says you end her path immediately. And while that's technically true, until you leave you don't act like it. It's mostly just drooling over her and fantasizing, thinking about how good she smells, perving on her numerous times. But you also go on a lake date (excitedly running & skipping), hold hands while eating. Sleeping in her bed, romantic fireside chats. I was very happy when we left the village. I found all that frustrating. But like I said, it does get much better. I was considering stopping, but Dev improved it 100%, to the point it's now sitting inside my top 25 games and in my signature.
gotcha yeah I'm more into Lyra too only didn't turn her down cause I was in the getting to know the characters phase and figured I could turn her down later but then left the village and never saw her again as of yet if I recall correctly.

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
gotcha yeah I'm more into Lyra too only didn't turn her down cause I was in the getting to know the characters phase and figured I could turn her down later but then left the village and never saw her again as of yet if I recall correctly.
Yep, I've never seen her again. Except a couple of flash scenes where she went to see her mother (who's living in MC house). But I thought that was because I was off her path.

4.30 star(s) 57 Votes