4.10 star(s) 34 Votes

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
I think as long as people are keeping an eye on their own pledge and seeing consistent work from the dev then even if they have abandoned in the past, they should still support if they enjoy the game.

Reactions: AlexStandal

enfuego

Feb 10, 2018
At the end of the day, does it matter if he is EroM or not? As I understand it, the reason EroM abandonded his game because it didn't make x amount of $ by x time. Maybe Carbon is EroM and he's just realized that if he puts the work/time in, he will reach his goals. I also know for a fact that if Carbon is EroM then he isn't the first dev to abandon a game and come back under a different name.
He's doing the same thing with this game too. It's in the FAQ, he "needs" 1k by Chapter 4.

Beardedsmith

Jul 7, 2017
Yes, to some people it matters so we know not to support a game that has a high chance of being abandoned due to the same "if I don't make x amount by x date... game is aboned".
It's also just so fucking disrespectful to his past patrons to show back up with a new game with absolutely zero explanation after ringing them along for a year

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
At the end of the day, does it matter if he is EroM or not? As I understand it, the reason EroM abandonded his game because it didn't make x amount of $ by x time. Maybe Carbon is EroM and he's just realized that if he puts the work/time in, he will reach his goals. I also know for a fact that if Carbon is EroM then he isn't the first dev to abandon a game and come back under a different name.
You are highly mistaken.
eromersive’s got over 500 patrons after he released ch. 4 of demon boy and enough to, in his words, become a full time dev and upgrade his workstation.
But then comes the dev cycle of ch. 5 and after 8 months of previews and devs, when seems like the game was close to release he started a shitshow of excuses of why game wasn’t ready and ghosting people until he simply vanish. His last post on patreon is from January this year promising release the update in TWO WEEKS. And then, nothing.

So yes, if he is Eromersive (I’m not saying he is) it is a big thing. Because we are talking about a guy that deceive and string along people for months until disappear and then come back under a new account pretending be another person. And this is dishonest. And baffles me see people being ok with dishonesty just because of pretty 3D images.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
You are highly mistaken.
eromersive’s got over 500 patrons after he released ch. 4 of demon boy and enough to, in his words, become a full time dev and upgrade his workstation.
But then comes the dev cycle of ch. 5 and after 8 months of previews and devs, when seems like the game was close to release he started a shitshow of excuses of why game wasn’t ready and ghosting people until he simply vanish. His last post on patreon is from January this year promising release the update in TWO WEEKS. And then, nothing.

So yes, if he is Eromersive (I’m not saying he is) it is a big thing. Because we are talking about a guy that deceive and string along people for months until disappear and then come back under a new account pretending be another person. And this is dishonest. And baffles me see people being ok with dishonesty just because of pretty 3D images.
I see, I didn't really follow this EroM guy so no clue what all the backstory is. But I'm all for second chances ( if he can prove he deserves it ).

Reactions: tom882

Beardedsmith

Jul 7, 2017
Ok I played through this first version and I can say if this isn't Ero it is someone who studied Demon Boy with a fine tooth comb. Same themes of corruption for the NTR, same themes of the MC getting some kind of behind the scenes power, Same layout of the UI, Renders are strikingly similar. It's Ero. And that sucks because this game's renders and themes are worse imo and people who paid Ero to lie to them for a year don't even get answers for the way he behaved.

Cpt.Briggs

Jul 21, 2017
I would rather heard honest response where og backers can go fck themselves, it was free real estate, got burned out, now he wants to go back for some reason and his money back. No complicated excuse, no hospital misadventure, monkeys eating HDDs, just honesty. I stopped caring before, now I want to start again. A service for a price - take it or leave it.

Even if someone is scum, ppl will eventually pay if they get what they want.

But this just seems dishonest. Well, always can be proven wrong...

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
View attachment 3094439

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I would like to retract my previous statement :rolleyes:
i mean on one hand i get it, if you are below 1k per month then you cant really be expected to work on something full time but saying "nah if i dont make this much by this time then im scrapping the whole thing" doesn't really help his cause cuz then people are just gonna go "oh its not near 1k, might as well not subscribe because he is gonna abandon it anyway"

Reactions: Aion_Abyss

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
i mean on one hand i get it, if you are below 1k per month then you cant really be expected to work on something full time but saying "nah if i dont make this much by this time then im scrapping the whole thing" doesn't really help his cause cuz then people are just gonna go "oh its not near 1k, might as well not subscribe because he is gonna abandon it anyway"
Exactly. If he needs $1k by release #4 then he could just do releases 1-4 on patreon and then when he has 4 done just release on steam and make $20k, tis annoying how some would rather abandon.

Radon671

Feb 4, 2022
Its just silly at this point to pretend not to be the same developer, I immediately recognized the style even before downloading. Its even sillier to pretend this is the first game this developer has created, a new developer doesn't create 10 minutes of gameplay and a GUI that is amazing for the first release.

I really enjoyed Demon boy and was sad to see it abandoned. I don't really understood why the developer let it go considering it was very lucurative at the time. Perhaps he just lost passion for the project.
I think he literally trolling us at this point. He did as much as he could to make things clear HE IS EroMersive to return his fanbase, but he will never admit it because he don't want to continue Demon Boy development or making excuses.

tom882

Jun 30, 2017
I'm thinking about supporting this guy, I liked what I saw, and that scene with the son was just wow!! the character is very cute and all, but let's get to the main point, if he stops the game simply abandoned, EroMersive has 122 paying people, I am currently a Patreon of the following creators, Nemiegs, Foxied Games and Zorlun, these are creators who work hard and these deserve support

enfuego

Feb 10, 2018
Oh wow I didn't know this bit. If that's the case then yeah that and (probably) this are scams, Ero basically makes a goal he thinks people won't hit but will get close to so that he rakes in ~700+ bucks a month off of game updates he honestly probably made before the Patreon and then dips when people don't hit his lofty goal.

Didn't really have a plan for when people actually gave him the money he wanted so he just ghosted.

EDIT: Holy shit he's still getting paid from the Demon Boy Patreon too, lol

Beardedsmith

Jul 7, 2017
Oh wow I didn't know this bit. If that's the case then yeah that and (probably) this are scams, Ero basically makes a goal he thinks people won't hit but will get close to so that he rakes in ~700+ bucks a month off of game updates he honestly probably made before the Patreon and then dips when people don't hit his lofty goal.

Didn't really have a plan for when people actually gave him the money he wanted so he just ghosted.

EDIT: Holy shit he's still getting paid from the Demon Boy Patreon too, lol
He never set a monetary goal with Demon Boy. He just lied over and over about its development to get more money and when he couldn't hide that he was grifting anymore he vanished

4.10 star(s) 34 Votes