Ren'Py Abandoned The Things We Do For Love [Ep. 1-2] [DSeductionGames]

4.00 star(s) 18 Votes
Jun 9, 2017
Hmm, can you clarify what personalized shoutout is, then? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what it is since I assumed that it referred to the credits at the end of game. Putting my name on the credit isn't really the kind of reward I would be interested in, personally. I don't mean to sound ungrateful in any way, however.

I specifically mentioned this because it seem to be a common practice among the game devs to give their special thanks to the people who were the top paid contributors or early players. I assumed that was what "personalized shoutout" referred to.

Apologies if I misunderstood what you meant by that.
It's basically non canon scenes requested by the patron.

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
The opening had me so surprised that I ended up laughing, Christ was that fucking grim, I get that the "lol our father died in carcrash time to fuck my family looool" is overdone and you wanted to stand out, but I felt sad through out the game, not into that sad wanking either. Also the MC looks really girly, borderline sissy tier, put him in a school girl uniform and you can take that ass to pound town without even having to say nohomo, I can only assume you made him in such a way for future gay content, if the opening is to serve as possible things to come ?
The dialogue was great, especially lewd one, but comes off as Mormon tier with no swearing. Also sister looks good and mom has no eyebrows almost like MC

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
The opening had me so surprised that I ended up laughing, Christ was that fucking grim, I get that the "lol our father died in carcrash time to fuck my family looool" is overdone and you wanted to stand out, but I felt sad through out the game, not into that sad wanking either. Also the MC looks really girly, borderline sissy tier, put him in a school girl uniform and you can take that ass to pound town without even having to say nohomo, I can only assume you made him in such a way for future gay content, if the opening is to serve as possible things to come ?
The dialogue was great, especially lewd one, but comes off as Mormon tier with no swearing. Also sister looks good and mom has no eyebrows almost like MC
Hahahahahah! That's hilarious. I'm an atheist today, but I grew up in a mormon family, so maybe you picked up on that (or the location gave it away).

Reactions: supermanz95

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
It's basically non canon scenes requested by the patron.
That is interesting and that might be something I would be interested in. May I ask how this would work? Do I need to contact the creator directly or post it here? And how many scenes a patron on $20 tier can request? Would be it be limited per a month or a version?

I imagine this is a relatively new concept which may mean the process or procedure for this is still being worked out. So it may be premature to suggest non-canon scenes.

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
@DarthSeduction I just read an email confirming my involvement with this project as a patron and it said charge is not immediately applied and will be the 1st of next month. Was this a mistake or something? I thought payment would be immediately processed.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
@DarthSeduction I just read an email confirming my involvement with this project as a patron and it said charge is not immediately applied and will be the 1st of next month. Was this a mistake or something? I thought payment would be immediately processed.
Yeah, I'm not sure what is up with that, I do have immediate processing enabled, but it hasn't done it once, so I assume that they have some other meaning behind that that I just don't understand. You won't be charged till next month.

That is interesting and that might be something I would be interested in. May I ask how this would work? Do I need to contact the creator directly or post it here? And how many scenes a patron on $20 tier can request? Would be it be limited per a month or a version?

I imagine this is a relatively new concept which may mean the process or procedure for this is still being worked out. So it may be premature to suggest non-canon scenes.
Now that there's more than one of you we'll probably discuss something and come to a decision on a single scene each release. If we get enough of you that polls could be useful, then we'll go with that. Hell, I might use polls anyway, just with the option to pick more than one, see if that allows us to come to any conclusions.

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
Yeah, I'm not sure what is up with that, I do have immediate processing enabled, but it hasn't done it once, so I assume that they have some other meaning behind that that I just don't understand. You won't be charged till next month.
It may be because you had it set as per creation as opposed to monthly, whatever that is. Former is why I was "pledged" and not charged immediately, I suspect. ( )

You also have to set it to charge up front once you changed to monthly. ( ) but do be warned that, according to that page, you cannot undo this action. I'd suggest contacting Patreon to clarify this.

Hope that helps, because I'm not a "Creator" on Patreon so I don't have any direct experience with their Creator interface. :p

Now that there's more than one of you we'll probably discuss something and come to a decision on a single scene each release. If we get enough of you that polls could be useful, then we'll go with that. Hell, I might use polls anyway, just with the option to pick more than one, see if that allows us to come to any conclusions.
Cool, I'll keep eyes out for that. Do you mind if I send you a DM later outlining a few ideas?

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
It may be because you had it set as per creation as opposed to monthly, whatever that is. Former is why I was "pledged" and not charged immediately, I suspect. ( )

You also have to set it to charge up front once you changed to monthly. ( ) but do be warned that, according to that page, you cannot undo this action. I'd suggest contacting Patreon to clarify this.

Hope that helps, because I'm not a "Creator" on Patreon so I don't have any direct experience with their Creator interface. :p
Nope, can't change between per creaton and monthly either, so I set it to monthly from the start, as to charge up front, I'm also quite certain I enabled that, can't find the option anymore, so, I just assume Patreon wiped their ass with that feature.

Peter_Parker

Sep 27, 2017
So basically im at the point where i don't remember nothing about the story other then the finale of the episode at the motel.

When is coming ch 2 ? :(

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
Very soon, we're nearly finished, sorry it's hard when you don't have the hardware to really pump out the art.
I regret that I could not invest much more money monthly so you can get better hardware... pretty tight on my budget. Maybe when I finally get a job after the college but it'll be a while. :p

At any rate, that is quite understandable and I have an abundance of patience. I can always play other games while I wait for a new chapter, so no rush.

Also is there an official Discord server for this game?

Reactions: DarthSeduction

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
I regret that I could not invest much more money monthly so you can get better hardware... pretty tight on my budget. Maybe when I finally get a job after the college but it'll be a while. :p

At any rate, that is quite understandable and I have an abundance of patience. I can always play other games while I wait for a new chapter, so no rush.

Also is there an official Discord server for this game?
Yes, but no one seems to be joining it, it should have been granted to you when you became a patron.

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
Yes, but no one seems to be joining it, it should have been granted to you when you became a patron.
There may have been a glitch on the day I became a patron for your project. Another creator for whom I also became a patron on same day later sent out a post couple days ago saying there were an issue where those who became patrons there weren't being given an invite to the Discord server when they joined.

I mean, I did see the invite link for both projects I became Patron for but the links inexplicably did not worked at all that day. I thought it was just me.

Here is what the creator said on this post:

We recently overhauled the Discord server layout, introducing moderators and a couple of channels. I'm not entirely certain, but the Patreon Bot responsible for assigning access to new patrons on Discord seemed to have bugged out in the process. It should now be working again, but if you've become a $ +3 patron in the past few days and didn't get access to Discord, let me know via DM and I'll set you up manually.
I had to PM the creator on Patreon to be manually invited into their Discord server.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I hope the development is doing well and everyone who's involved in the production is doing well too :)
Looking forward to the next update, whenever that will pop up, the initial release got me hooked :)

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
I hope the development is doing well and everyone who's involved in the production is doing well too :)
Looking forward to the next update, whenever that will pop up, the initial release got me hooked :)
Same! Can't wait. :cool:

What I found interesting about this premise is that you basically controlled both brother and sister as the protagonists. So you could literally push them together towards an incestuous (or intimate? ;)) relationship if you wanted to. I believe the dev also said you could put them on their own separate path towards a relationship with someone out of the family.

Having written that, it now occurred to me that there is the question of whether we will see bisexuality for either protagonists and whether they would be willing to embrace an open relationship or at least threesome. Now, I am not going to make the male MC gay in my own game on this as that would be no-no for me but I wouldn't mind bringing in that cheerleader friend of sister's as we saw in that preview image. ;) Perhaps @DarthSeduction could shine some lights on this insofar as the plans are? :unsure:

One other question I do have is whether we will see the family eventually moving to the new home and what the nature of it will be. It better have a swimming pool so we can play out some fantasies in there! ;) Lol. Finally, will we see any other family members around such as cousins and such? Since the DarthSeduction told me in Discord that the game will not be a long one and will not be all out, the answer is probably no on few of these questions. :p No worries, though, I am going to support the project regardless!

Oh, and one more question: will there be possibility of mother catching brother and sister in incestuous relationship at some point? Would be highly awkward if caught at a very inopportune moment... like actually having sex. :X

With all of those questions out, I wanted to say one more thing: I have a theory about why incest fantasy is compelling in that it is three-fold or a triangle as I like to call it: adventurous (kind of playing with the fires, aren't we? But then again, some of us do like to play dangerous ;)), intimate (siblings tends to be very close), and of course taboo. After all, people, throughout the long history, seem to have a habit of liking to break taboos whenever they can, fictional or not. :unsure: :p

Reactions: Eerie Entity

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Hey, the new release is finally up for Superstars and Gentleman, Ladies, and Scholars. It will be released here for sure, by me, in two weeks.

Our mysterious benefactor hasn't updated the patch though... yet. If you're in it for the incest, might want to give them a few hours, maybe they're in one of those tiers, right?

Zarkkill

Mar 8, 2019
Hey, the new release is finally up for Superstars and Gentleman, Ladies, and Scholars. It will be released here for sure, by me, in two weeks.

Our mysterious benefactor hasn't updated the patch though... yet. If you're in it for the incest, might want to give them a few hours, maybe they're in one of those tiers, right?
I mean....let's be honest....does anyone play this game because they DON'T want the incest?

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
I mean....let's be honest....does anyone play this game because they DON'T want the incest?
Surely that isn't true, lest the puritanical image I put forth on Patreon is for naught.

Anyway, our mysterious benefactor seems to have provided one now. And it seems to have been designed differently, so you can use unren now.

4.00 star(s) 18 Votes