Ren'Py Abandoned The Things We Do For Love [Ep. 1-2] [DSeductionGames]

4.00 star(s) 18 Votes

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
While I wouldn't call the word sissy good, I was 100% talking about the word beta. As I stated in that initial comment, the entire concept of alpha and beta is unscientific nonsense. It comes from 1 man's flawed observation of wolf behavior. Said man has recanted the idea publicly. So, when human men apply the terms to humans, they're already making a jump in applying a false dichotomy, but it's a false dichotomy based on a false premise.

This word is a part of the Manosphere's language. The Manoshphere, from incels, to basic red-pilled douchenozzles, to the assholes who believe themselves to be "Alpha", and finally to the worst part of all, the death cult level black-pilled people, are clearly, by the actual definitions provided by the essay Ur Fascism, fascists. Repeating their rhetoric, even if one doesn't realize or intend is harmful. I am not saying that you are a fascist, hell, I'm not even saying that either of the others picked up in the comment are fascists. I fully acknowledge that it is a tactic of the far right to create catchy ideas that filter down into the general populace who use them uncritically. My comment's purpose was to get you to think critically about how the language might affect people.

Coming back to sissy, as a sadist myself, I fully acknowledge the value in humiliation play, and that calling a male masochist a sissy is a part of that. I do not have a problem with that word in that context. I didn't really have a problem with your question. You might actually like the patron reward scene that Spawn is finishing up and should be ready before the official free release of the game, because it does kinda put him in such a position, maybe not the way you're hoping for this time, but in a way.

Like I said before, you ended up in the comment merely for the use of the word the brunt of the comment was not aimed at you. If your intent was not ill then I apologize for making you feel personally attacked, I simply want to have positive conversations about this game and it's content, and feel that is difficult to do in an environment where the very premise feels under attack.

That's a horrible story, and not one I or any real feminist would agree with. If you play my other game, I've already begun to paint a group of radfems, the type of people who think all sex is rape, as villains. So you and I would be in agreement that this type of eugenic behavior is nothing short of fascism. I do not think women should be above men, I don't think I should have to say that, but clearly you had 1 bad experience with feminism and seem to have used that to draw inaccurate conclusions about me based on my language.

To expand on some of the ridiculousness that Robert brought up, I know science is clear that gender is not binary, it is bimodal. This means that there is a spectrum. And anyone who thinks gender is just about the flip of a switch on someone's SRY gene (which all it does is determine penis or no penis) is a silly person who ignores reality. So, aborting all babies that would be assigned male at birth would only eliminate the men that are born with the SRY gene flipped, and wouldn't kill all men. Furthermore, I know that women are just as capable, though admittedly less likely, of committing rape. A dear friend of my family suffered sexual assaults from her female babysitter. So yes, as Robert said, it's illogical on so many levels.

I only quoted this to clear up a slight misunderstanding. Battling toxic masculinity is certainly a part of feminism, and sissy used in a non-sexual context is certainly a part of toxic masculinity. I fully acknowledge though, as I said above, the use was intended as bdsm humiliation language and not as a slur. BDSM can blur lines and make people uncomfortable, however, as long as there is informed enthusiastic consent between both parties I not only take no issue with it, but personally participate. I do still stay away from beta though, because I consider it to be a fascist slur.
This conversation has gotten way too deep for me. lol You make a lot of valid points. I may be a history buff and can tell you stuff that happened many many moons ago but I was never on the debate team. Being a black female, I can honestly admit I've benefited from feminism.
Once you "go down the rabbit hole" of seeing how feminism is affecting everything around you, it was a real eye opener. From affirmative action, gender/race quotas, the duluth model, #metoo: guilty until proven innocent, family courts being biased against men, men getting longer sentences than women for the same crime are just to name a few. I won't even mention the rights we have that men don't, I'm sure you get the point.
But back on point. I think the reason I enjoy femdom is because I'm really a submissive irl and my husband is an alpha. So nothing goes in his ass. So I find myself fantasizing about dominating men and doing really really perverted things to them.
I guess creating a game is a nice way to express yourself or is it called venting? If I had the talent I would too. lol

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
This conversation has gotten way too deep for me. lol You make a lot of valid points. I may be a history buff and can tell you stuff that happened many many moons ago but I was never on the debate team. Being a black female, I can honestly admit I've benefited from feminism.
Once you "go down the rabbit hole" of seeing how feminism is affecting everything around you, it was a real eye opener. From affirmative action, gender/race quotas, the duluth model, #metoo: guilty until proven innocent, family courts being biased against men, men getting longer sentences than women for the same crime are just to name a few. I won't even mention the rights we have that men don't, I'm sure you get the point.
But back on point. I think the reason I enjoy femdom is because I'm really a submissive irl and my husband is an alpha. So nothing goes in his ass. So I find myself fantasizing about dominating men and doing really really perverted things to them.
I guess creating a game is a nice way to express yourself or is it called venting? If I had the talent I would too. lol
Hey, a fellow history buff! Awesome! <3 History. I'm majoring in history here and maybe teach history in college one day. Are you a history major as well?

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
I prefer having a blank canvas where my decisions form the character and perception of the main character. In this game, with the trauma and his rather weak behavior, I feel like the factor of interactivity is completely out of the window. Sure, Duke Nukem or the Macho Man might be at the very extreme end of the masculinity spectrum, but this dude sits at the other side and it made me uncomfortable. I was just giving reasons why it wasn't for me, in a respectful way. I still stated that I liked the renders.

It is not automatically a good story just because there is more of a story than in most games. I like games where the story gets a bit more silly and "out there". And I agree, my boner wasn't present throughout my playing session with this game. Didn't say it sucked because of that. Just gave my opinion.

That's a really idealistic view, but from my experience, reality differs from that perception. You might be right when we're talking about a classic novel or a dramatic film adaption of a story that deals with such serious topics. I guess I was just caught off guard because 99% of the games here have the goal to get people fapping, not to tell a deep or personal story. Not saying there's anything wrong with it. But tbh, I'm not going to F95 to look for deep storytelling. I like quality renders, sexy girls and little details like a nice GUI or deep decision-making. But everyone's different and I'm still wishing you lots of success with your project. :)
Sure i have my favourite MC's in Novels too, i think everyone does, but i don't mind if the MC is a bit different than the usual standard big dick dudes that bang everything that doesn't run away fast enough.

I like a wide spectrum of stories. I like the silly ones as much as the ones that are hard to take in, it all depends on how these stories are written.

Also i didn't mean to offend you with my post before i just wrote my oppinion to your oppinion and also a general information, the one with the quick wank. Its completly fine if you don't like the story, its not a story for everyone.

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
Sure i have my favourite MC's in Novels too, i think everyone does, but i don't mind if the MC is a bit different than the usual standard big dick dudes that bang everything that doesn't run away fast enough.

I like a wide spectrum of stories. I like the silly ones as much as the ones that are hard to take in, it all depends on how these stories are written.

Also i didn't mean to offend you with my post before i just wrote my oppinion to your oppinion and also a general information, the one with the quick wank. Its completly fine if you don't like the story, its not a story for everyone.
Agreed. Nothing wrong with MC being the usual standard big dick dudes that banged all girls but I think sometimes we ought to experiment in breaking from the same tired and old standard formula that defined most of the games in this market. A fresh perspective is always welcome.

If the history of mainstream video games is of any indication, it is that different formulas has held a dominance over the market before other new formulas came along and took their place, often with old formulas still being used, sometimes refined. Thus, you have here today a diversity of video games greater than it was during the so-called "golden age" of late 1970's and early 1980's.

I can tell you that in my early days of video gaming back in 90's, I had a very limited slate of games to play from (I generally preferred strategy and simulation genres; I like to build cities and empires ;)). Today, though, I had a hard time deciding which game I should play on most of the given days because there is now so many different games, wildly diverse, that appealed to me.

As games became more complex and diverse, I simply don't have time to play all of them in any given month. Which meant some games don't get played for quite a while. I didn't even played any games offered on this forum until like last year and, now, that just further complicated deciding which games, mainstream or adult, to play on a given day. :p

However, even in spite of that downside, I would gladly embrace the today's diversity of games anywhere. It is so awesome to see many people coming up with many different ideas of how a game should be designed and played. And this I will gladly embrace in this forum, too. I thought it would be even interesting to play as a female protagonist and see it from their perspective in a game, mainstream or adult. It would be an interesting change from the usual perspective of a male protagonist. :p

I think in the case of "The Things We Do For Love", it is a pioneer in ground-breaking new directions. No doubt that this gay rape scene in the beginning of game proved to be quite controversial (as a male heterosexual, it would have been a big put-off for me otherwise). But, like I said, I think it was a perfect set-up, a plot device if you will, for that siblings to become much more closer than would have otherwise. It makes that incest route more believable and it showed that you can still make a controversial, if not distasteful, scene if it is properly introduced as a plot device into the game so long as it tied into the whole storyline.

Playing sister and brother in same game as multiple protagonists which you could push towards incest relationship or put on their own separate paths is also a novel idea. And as it has been stated previously in this thread, deep or personal story-telling isn't very common in games on this forum which is another way that sets this game and a few other games apart from most of the games here.

I think it is fair to say that this game, together with a few other games with similar visions, is blazing a new trail and, who knows, it may open up a big new sub-genre there.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
The current size of this download, reminded me that 1GB is not 1000MB but rather 1024MB or some such.

Anyway I'm gonna give it a go. The first scene has me a bit leary but I'll manage especially for that fingering scene :p

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
The current size of this download, reminded me that 1GB is not 1000MB but rather 1024MB or some such.

Anyway I'm gonna give it a go. The first scene has me a bit leary but I'll manage especially for that fingering scene :p
BAS did a compressed version if you need it. My games are gonna be a bit big, since there's so much art, I like to keep it moving, allow the art to inform the writing and vice versa. So that means lots of pictures. A typical scene for one of my projects has as much if not more art than a typical sex scene in most life sims.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
BAS did a compressed version if you need it. My games are gonna be a bit big, since there's so much art, I like to keep it moving, allow the art to inform the writing and vice versa. So that means lots of pictures. A typical scene for one of my projects has as much if not more art than a typical sex scene in most life sims.
Eventually, you might want to consider releasing your episodes as patches to the previous releases. Or as an option to a full release of everything. Once a download gets too big, the free version of Mega tends to put you on hold for 4 or 5 hours.

Reactions: DarthSeduction

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017

Oh I actually downloaded it full size. Some games are ridiculous. I saw one that was over 7GB. O_O
I'm not sure what's taken away if compressed so if I have the space, I like to download full size. I just wish firefox allowed it. I have to switch to chrome to download over 2GB

btw @DarthSeduction I am at the part where they are on the road, and I have to agree, that intro was needed. Absolutely.
The mom is hot too though...I mean damn..

But I'll have a more accurate input later. I did learn one thing though. an auxiliary cord is not needed if you have Bluetooth? /facepalm I'll need to set that up. My aux cords keep getting screwed from the climate.

EDIT: But I do like the chemistry between the 3 of them though.

OMG nice nod to various artists like queen and no doubt.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Ok I am posting as I see events, rather than playing through. But you can't seriously do this and not have the mom as a rival....right?? I mean Jesus...
2019-03-19 (1).png

Ilfenis

Feb 7, 2019
I'd be ok if the Mom wasn't a prospect. This game feels to be a step up in seriousness from the usual "horny MC boinks the entire family". I mean I'd be Okay with it either way, but sometimes an exclusive romance is enough.

In fact, for a project like this where the renders are of such quality(and therefore would take time to make), I feel sticking with a shorter, more linear scope and vision for the game is best.

Adding too many choices and girls would dramatically bump up the development time. I'd rather the dev give us something that is focused and short than something that's a labyrinthe of choices and girls and blow up the project to another 3-year slog, where they may get burned out before the end or start wanting to work on something else. :)

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
I'd be ok if the Mom wasn't a prospect. This game feels to be a step up in seriousness from the usual "horny MC boinks the entire family". I mean I'd be Okay with it either way, but sometimes an exclusive romance is enough.

In fact, for a project like this where the renders are of such quality(and therefore would take time to make), I feel sticking with a shorter, more linear scope and vision for the game is best.

Adding too many choices and girls would dramatically bump up the development time. I'd rather the dev give us something that is focused and short than something that's a labyrinthe of choices and girls and blow up the project to another 3-year slog, where they may get burned out before the end or start wanting to work on something else. :)

I can't disagree with you there. I am wondering who the "rival" is though. I finished the current version and I have to say I'll be watching this.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
If you are trying to be that precise and technically correct, then 1000MB (megabytes) actually is 1GB (gigabyte) in SI units that you can see being used correctly in Linux, FreeBSD and MacOS systems.

And 1024MiB (mebibytes) is 1GiB (gibibyte) - these are the data units that only Windows is still calling with the wrong name, confusing its users when they move between operating systems or buy hard drives.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Ok I am posting as I see events, rather than playing through. But you can't seriously do this and not have the mom as a rival....right?? I mean Jesus...
View attachment 265815
You think mom's hot? Wait till you see her sister who is also not an option. Also on the patreon page once or twice. But who knows, maybe the ladies, gentlemen, and scholars will be on the mom/aunt hype train and want an elseworld. It's not gonna be canon, but doesn't mean the fun can't happen.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
There will be tons of possibilities for rivals/relationships once the family reaches LA. There they will be encountering D&D players, looking for jobs, have neighbors, other friends, etc. While I agree that the mother is hot as hell, and wouldn't mind if she entered the fray, the justification for it is not the same as it is between Alexis and Alexander - not even close. Twins, thrown together by a common trauma. No. It's just not there with Mom.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
If you are trying to be that precise and technically correct, then 1000MB (megabytes) actually is 1GB (gigabyte) in SI units that you can see being used correctly in Linux, FreeBSD and MacOS systems.

And 1024MiB (mebibytes) is 1GiB (gibibyte) - these are the data units that only Windows is still calling with the wrong name, confusing its users when they move between operating systems or buy hard drives.

Seems like it would depend whether Binary or Decimal is being used. But I'm not sure which one is more "correct" with the link provided. However, I can't think of anyone who would say Mebibyte. You'd get laughed at. Maybe it depends where you hail from. Like Miles and Kilometers.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
However, I can't think of anyone who would say Mebibyte. You'd get laughed at. Maybe it depends where you hail from. Like Miles and Kilometers.
Well, neither do I :p - people still talk about mega- and gigabytes, but since Linux and Mac have both moved to SI units, at least people already started to use GiB and MiB units when they write some technical text about Linux, FreeBSD or Mac. So it's not so much about geographical "where" but OS type "where" and still mostly in written text.
It's also possible that when they talk about mega- and gigabytes, they may talk about the actual SI units where gigabytes are smaller. ;) The difference isn't that large after all, especially if you are talking about some estimated, largely inaccurate numbers.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Seems like it would depend whether Binary or Decimal is being used. But I'm not sure which one is more "correct" with the link provided. However, I can't think of anyone who would say Mebibyte. You'd get laughed at. Maybe it depends where you hail from. Like Miles and Kilometers.
It comes from the fact that computers were 8bit at the time a Byte was set - at 8 Bits (Binary Digits), and continued to evolve in Binary 8s: 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, etc. A MegaByte was, therefore based also on the Binary 8s system of all computing, and not decimal.

Then some EU pen-pushers who didn't know a thing about computing or it's history came along... :D

You might also note in regard to the citation given that the decimal version of Megabyte declared is under the SI metric system (French), and if you look up SI itself you'll find the following:
SI has been adopted by all countries except the United States, Liberia and Myanmar.

4.00 star(s) 18 Votes