MSG

Jul 4, 2017
Can't seem to trigger Billy catching Jason with his mom by following the walktrough. Not a fan of the billy pat but i want that cosplay scene dammit. Is there a bug on it or is it random wheter he catches you or not?

Ned_Flanders

Dec 29, 2016
So I thought I might comment on performance issues people have been talking about.

Firstly I will say - It is not your computer that is the issue.

I pulled apart one of the asset files to check if what I suspected is true and what I found would make a brave man weep.

There are thousands of mesh files, many of them primitives, and hundreds of texture files - for a single scene.

This is why it takes so long for scenes to load - the HDD is spending most of its time seeking the files rather than reading them (the twist on a SSD should load vastly quicker as seek times are much smaller on an SSD.

It is also why something that should be able to be run on onboard graphics has abnormally high requirements (graphics cards will load a texture file, do its thing, then unload that texture file and load the next one, so in this case your graphics hardware is spending 90% of its time loading and unloading texture files rather than rendering).

If anyone here is a patreon of KsT's you may want to let him know that he is crippling the performance of his game by not consolidating both mesh and texture files. In this case, given the relatively low texture quality/poly count he should be aiming for 1 4096x4096 texture file per location and 1 4096x4096 file per character (using offsets for uv mapping). He will open the game up for many more potential players and the programmer he has as a goal wont strangle him the minute they look at the texture/mesh files.

Nightmare6016

Oct 11, 2017
So I thought I might comment on performance issues people have been talking about.

I pulled apart one of the asset files to check if what I suspected is true and what I found would make a brave man weep.

There are thousands of mesh files, many of them primitives, and hundreds of texture files - for a single scene.

This is why it takes so long for scenes to load - the HDD is spending most of its time seeking the files rather than reading them (the twist on a SSD should load vastly quicker as seek times are much smaller on an SSD.

It is also why something that should be able to be run on onboard graphics has abnormally high requirements (graphics cards will load a texture file, do its thing, then unload that texture file and load the next one, so in this case your graphics hardware is spending 90% of its time loading and unloading texture files rather than rendering).

If anyone here is a patreon of KsT's you may want to let him know that he is crippling the performance of his game by not consolidating both mesh and texture files. In this case, given the relatively low texture quality/poly count he should be aiming for 1 4096x4096 texture file per location and 1 4096x4096 file per character (using offsets for uv mapping). He will open the game up for many more potential players and the programmer he has as a goal wont strangle him the minute they look at the texture/mesh files.
Sounds like someone has volunteered to optimize the game...

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Except for when it is.
Seriously, I commend your investigation and its results (which are to be expected given how the percentage chance mechanics work), but there have been plenty of people having issues that are, absolutely, because their computers are under-powered. Typically it's because their system has outdated or insufficiently powerful graphics cards/processors, or they're running on basically obsolete laptops.
I do mean obsolete, because their systems couldn't handle above DX9 for gaming.

Outside of that, your results definitely explain why some people with mid-to-high end rigs have problems (outside of potential Unity based issues) with loading/transitions. At least beyond the horrible implementation of the aforementioned game mechanics (those pertaining to percentage chances for characters/events in locations).

Reactions: oneplay

Ninjaperv

May 29, 2017
Why so many ppl disslike Billy? I really hope next update is scene with him. TBH I don't care if he is one fucking Jenice as long as it is boy/milf I'm happy.
It's strange, considering the main character is doing the same thing to his mom. Speaking of which, I hope there's a scene with the main character, Billy, his mom, and Janice, where you swap moms. How else are you going to get the DP's scenes if not for your bro Billy? He got your back.

monster king

Apr 27, 2017
You know, when Billy finally fucked Jason's Mom, would the NTR genre be added to the list?

It's strange, considering the main character is doing the same thing to his mom.
Yeah, I have to agree with this. People complained that they don't want to let Billy lay his hand to Jason's mom, but there's Jason that not only fuck his friend's mom, but also cucked his friend's dad. And technically, he also cucked his own dad. Now that's ironic. It's optional anyway, only there to widen the genre and fetishes. I hope it stays that way, being optional.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
You know, when Billy finally fucked Jason's Mom, would the NTR genre be added to the list?
Seeing as how anything involving Billy and Janice (and Kevin with Julia) is done entirely with the player's choosing, it's not NTR.

If Janice was seeing Billy behind Jason's back, then it would be NTR.

Yeah, I have to agree with this. People complained that they don't want to let Billy lay his hand to Jason's mom, but there's Jason that not only fuck his friend's mom, but also cucked his friend's dad. And technically, he also cucked his own dad. Now that's ironic. It's optional anyway, only there to widen the genre and fetishes. I hope it stays that way, being optional.
Ah, but you're forgetting that Jason is our avatar into this world, and for some that means that no other penis must touch the women but "the player's"... 'Cause mountains out of mole-hills. :ROFLMAO:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Zandalf

May 29, 2018
I tell you brothers that the next update will be ~August 16. This is the result of my calculations as long as KST is healthy. You can take a screenshot :devilish:

Reactions: monster king

monster king

Apr 27, 2017
I tell you brothers that the next update will be ~August 16. This is the result of my calculations as long as KST is healthy. You can take a screenshot :devilish:
I want to believe... The only problem is that KST is a one-man team, isn't he?
A lot of people said that his works has a lot of problem now more than ever and production is quite a slow pace. I'm not gonna condemn him for doing all by himself if he wants to, but imagine the product becomes better if there are other that could help him work this game...

Well, having an employees also has its own merit and demerit.

faba

Jun 2, 2017

I have to agree 100%. My PC runs smoothly games - 16GB RAM / Nvidia 1060 3GB / AMD Ryzen 5 but the performance in this game is terrible. It started back with version 0.11 /approx./

I moved the game to a fast 1TB M2 SSD 2100/MB/s drive, but the performance is still pain. Except for the game staring time the change of the scenes improved only slightly.

3.40 star(s) 160 Votes