Nov 18, 2017
Sufficient for this game. Unfortunately The Twist is very - and I repeat -, very, very bad optimized.

until 30 ver i played after that the game got bigger compressed size is 2gb affter installing 10gb the game crashing at the point when i go to beach or his mc aunt home etc that why i stop playing it but the game is good

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
Aside from getting latest drivers, you are probably out of luck without a hardware upgrade. You are running with lowered settings and some of the fancy extra options turned off, yes?

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Aside from getting latest drivers, you are probably out of luck without a hardware upgrade. You are running with lowered settings and some of the fancy extra options turned off, yes?
This game can run fine on decade old hardware though. Without having to turn things down/off in regards to graphical quality.
I used to do it, and did it again recently as a test.

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
The age of the hardware doesn't matter, it's all about the specs. He's having trouble though, so it's not running fine on old hardware, I couldn't think of anything else he could try short of maybe a fresh install of Windows.
Because it's the beach area maybe it's a water thing breaking his particular setup, although that area loads slow for me too.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
The age of the hardware doesn't matter, it's all about the specs
He's having trouble though, so it's not running fine on old hardware
Which is it then, either it's not the age, or it is?

When I mean old hardware, I mean;
i3-530 at 2.93Ghz (2 cores with hyperthreading... yes, that old)
4GB DDR3 RAM at 1333Mhz
Windows 8.1 on a 160GB HDD 7200RPM
Game is on a 2TB HDD 7200RPM
GPU used was a MSI R9-270OC 2GB running stock, no increases to clock speed or GPU memory usage.

Game run at max texture quality, all lighting, shadow and grass options on. After about half an hour is when transitions/loading times start to suffer.

Ran a second test with an older Nvidia card - GTX560Ti Twin Frozr II 2GB RAM (from 2011, less powerful than the R9-270 in previous test).
Only difference is that loading/transition times were longer from the start, and got longer still around the same amount of time later.

I couldn't think of anything else he could try short of maybe a fresh install of Windows.
That's too much to do for one game, especially for this one.

Because it's the beach area maybe it's a water thing breaking his particular setup, although that area loads slow for me too.
Doubtful. The "crash" has only been described as a crash, no details beyond that (It's also when going to Danielle's house).
A more comprehensive description of the "crash" - what times in-game for both locations - along with the Output Log would be more helpful.

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
I have a 9 year "old" i7 3930k, which is still competitive with the modern stuff. But is by no means low spec. Just saying it's an i5 covers a lot of territory.
He doesn't list the models of his gear which isn't helpful, drivers and lowering setting is troubleshooting 101.
Could also be a laptop and a lost cause.

YanOtt

Nov 26, 2018
Which is it then, either it's not the age, or it is?

When I mean old hardware, I mean;
i3-530 at 2.93Ghz (2 cores with hyperthreading... yes, that old)
4GB DDR3 RAM at 1333Mhz
Windows 8.1 on a 160GB HDD 7200RPM
Game is on a 2TB HDD 7200RPM
GPU used was a MSI R9-270OC 2GB running stock, no increases to clock speed or GPU memory usage.

Game run at max texture quality, all lighting, shadow and grass options on. After about half an hour is when transitions/loading times start to suffer.

Ran a second test with an older Nvidia card - GTX560Ti Twin Frozr II 2GB RAM (from 2011, less powerful than the R9-270 in previous test).
Only difference is that loading/transition times were longer from the start, and got longer still around the same amount of time later.

That's too much to do for one game, especially for this one.

Doubtful. The "crash" has only been described as a crash, no details beyond that (It's also when going to Danielle's house).
A more comprehensive description of the "crash" - what times in-game for both locations - along with the Output Log would be more helpful.
It's needed a SSD for this game. I have a small system NVMe and I can play normally only when the game is located on it. Else time is more than 5-7 sec when a new place is loading if a game is on HDD.
P.S. But I can run a GTA V with medium settings and play smoothly.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
It's needed a SSD for this game.
1: Nope. Loading time issues are not because of HDD vs SSD. It's because KST has designed the game so that each location that can have something happen, has all the models for those events all load at once. That's before the calculations are made for what scene you'll actually see in a given location, and regardless of the in-game time.

2: Go read further back and get some proper context to what you're quoting. Negates the risk of looking foolish.

P.S. But I can run a GTA V with medium settings and play smoothly.
Whoop-de-doodley-doo... I run it on max settings and get 80-90fps when it's not raining at night.

SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
Any hints on the release date for the new version ? I'm curious to see if the dev will keep trying to lock his game

Dec 8, 2017
This game always not responding in my computer. someone please give me tha proper configuration for this game. It is very slow running in my computer

MrLee

May 6, 2017
WIP Ver0.37 1 thur 4 one week till beta 0.37

wip_143.jpg
wip_144.jpg
wip_145.jpg
wip_146.jpg
W.I.P. & Status
Rebecca in her new outfit in 0.37 :)
The current status of the 0.37:
The additional artwork: ~95%.
Posing and animations: ~85%.
Dialogs: ~80%
Scripting-Setting up scenes: ~85%

Last edited:

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
In which version is John returning?
Guys, in what version of the game is father returning home? Tell me please.
It all depends if you allowed him to stay or you kicked him out when you played the 0.27 version.
If you "kicked him out", that's it he won't be returning, he's gone permanently
but if you "allowed him to stay" he returns home to stay for 7 days every 14 days, only difference he won't bother you and will sleep on the couch.

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
I'm interested in the part in which he returns home. The version in which you mix sleeping pills into beer, go on nightly “dates” to the bathroom.
anything before 0.27 if you want the sleeping pill. The pills in the beer no longer becomes an option after 0.27
But if would just want to repeat the secret meeting bathroom scene, whether you kick him out or let him stay, just talk to Janice in the living room while she's reading and select secret meeting, then wake up and go to the bathroom at 2am.

Reactions: anextour

mattius77

May 16, 2017
There's some kind of weird error in my save which has persisted for several updates: I kicked John out the first time that was an option, and it tracked through the next couple updates. But the subsequent updates, he always comes home at some point. Manually editing the value in the cheat menu doesn't prevent it happening, either. It's weird.

Not a game breaker, as you can 'fix' it in the cheat menu. But a bit annoying.

Also, the problems people have running the game are not hardware related. They are developer related. Code-wise, the game is something of a mess.

Also also, what is the deal with all the latex stuff?!

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
There's some kind of weird error in my save which has persisted for several updates: I kicked John out the first time that was an option, and it tracked through the next couple updates. But the subsequent updates, he always comes home at some point. Manually editing the value in the cheat menu doesn't prevent it happening, either. It's weird.

Not a game breaker, as you can 'fix' it in the cheat menu. But a bit annoying.

Also, the problems people have running the game are not hardware related. They are developer related. Code-wise, the game is something of a mess.

Also also, what is the deal with all the latex stuff?!
If you've completed the game, you can use my saves as from what I can see they don't have that problem and you wouldn't need the cheat mod to fix it.

The latex issue have always been there, for some reason the developer hasn't been able to fix it.

and yes the running issue can be bought down to how the game is not optimised very well.

nhutvien

May 6, 2017
I am stuck pls help me, when i do
Go home and to the living room. Catch Janice there reading a book. Click on "Talk to her" and "Chat". Jason asks Janice about his real parents.
janice only chat with me like this, What? No! Of cuorse not! I raised you from a baby! I'm your mother! Now would you please stop bothering me? I'm reading.

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
I am stuck pls help me, when i do
Go home and to the living room. Catch Janice there reading a book. Click on "Talk to her" and "Chat". Jason asks Janice about his real parents.
janice only chat with me like this, What? No! Of cuorse not! I raised you from a baby! I'm your mother! Now would you please stop bothering me? I'm reading.
What are you trying to do?

Reactions: nhutvien
3.40 star(s) 160 Votes