Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
Is the performance still poorly when switching places / rooms etc. or they fixed it yet? (or an known fix out there?)
The issue is still there, only way to fix it is for KsT to rewrite and fully optimise the coding.
The only fix, is to reduce the Graphics Quality
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-twist-v0-38-final-cracked-kst.1282/post-1385561

Any compressed version?
No there isn't, this is as compressed as it's going to get. unless you wanted to play with a 60-70GB game, because that is the size it really is.

Curious, is there any difference between v0.39 Beta 1 and v0.39 Cracked?
Bug fixes, completed animations

Last edited:
Reactions: Gresk

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
Not sure if anyone else has tried this, but I used Excel to try and create character-specific walkthroughs by doing my best to filter out specific content for other characters. its still like 21 fucking pages, and I will try and continue to refine it to make it more useful, but I could do this for other characters as well if there is any interest.

Edit: Sorry- forgot to mention, the one attached is a Janice-specific walkthrough (or attempt at a walkthrough)
If you are able to make/test/confirm the character walkthroughs and they don't cause issues, if let's say, someone wanted to attempt to do each character separately without starting a new game.

I'm willing to place them along side the main one.

Reactions: avitus83

Badboy702019

Jan 1, 2019

Daasss

Jan 23, 2017
Any compressed version?
There is a tool called CompactGUI - basically a GUI for a built-in file compression mechanics in Windows with some extra compression settings. You unpack the game, then you feed a folder to this program and it tries to compress it using NTFS compression. Works great on some games (games on Unity normally become half the size), not so good on others. With The Twist, it's a 74% reduction in size, just did it. The program skips very small or uncompressible files. Imagine how much faster it should load now that it has to read only 3 GB instead of 12.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: cold_arctus

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
There is a tool called CompactGUI - basically a GUI for a built-in file compression mechanics in Windows with some extra compression settings. You unpack the game, then you feed a folder to this program and it tries to compress it using NTFS compression. Works great on some games (games on Unity normally become half the size), not so good on others. With The Twist, it's a 74% reduction in size, just did it. The program skips very small or uncompressible files. Imagine how much faster it should load now that it has to read only 3 GB instead of 12.
While I usually say there's no way to compress it, as I didn't know about this tool.
If under compression the game play as it should, I'm willing to place this in the useful links post.

Daasss

Jan 23, 2017
While I usually say there's no way to compress it, as I didn't know about this tool.
If under compression the game play as it should, I'm willing to place this in the useful links post.
I played Subnautica and 7 Days 2 Die compressed with it, also ran some programs like Photoshop. There shouldn't be any difference as the OS reads and decompresses the files on the fly. Check out the wiki and see how many games and programs there are in the list.

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
i guess this game doesn't work for MAC =\ spent so much time clearing out space for this game.
it works.. all you need to do is to give the right permissions to the game.

Open terminal.app and type
chmod -R a+x [drag and drop game.app] and hit enter.

Sometimes the game directory needs apostrophes in front and end of the game's path to work.

Reactions: tombrady156

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
I haven't played this in a year and the walkthrough is giving me a panic attack
While I'm always downloading each updates, I'm ended not playing it at all after saw the walkthrough. I mean like ... "where's my last progression ? ... ah fuk it, I'll play it later, try another games first." . I think I'm starting new games since I don't know where to continue nor remember the game anymore.

Aug 22, 2018
could anyone please share 0.38 saves from that stage completed,I cannot
edit: I'm an idiot,thread is litterally 2 pages away,and I blame this fucking heat wave and 2nd round of COVID panic

Kamilgar

Oct 26, 2018
The latest OP Update was only about cracked version, so as i downloaded the latest version and applied the crack manually i do not need to download that anymore, or do i?

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
is it just me or does the mac version not unzip? like something goes wrong i end up with a 12gb file that doesn't open. Lemme know if anyones got a fix
It worked fine for me, using the zip named Mac Alternative which was listed in this post
Previous versions were missing the execute permission, so it didn't run.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
i guess this game doesn't work for MAC =\ spent so much time clearing out space for this game.
This version worked out of the box for me. A first, because earlier versions always had to get their permissions fixed.
I downloaded the full archive, not the partial ones from Mega.

avitus83

Aug 9, 2016
If you are able to make/test/confirm the character walkthroughs and they don't cause issues, if let's say, someone wanted to attempt to do each character separately without starting a new game.

I'm willing to place them along side the main one.
Yeah I'll give it a shot and see how it works. It might take me some time as I don't have tons of time to play and there is a fair amount of content, but I'll repost my results here when I am ready!

Reactions: Anon4321

AR21

Mar 19, 2017
While I'm always downloading each updates, I'm ended not playing it at all after saw the walkthrough. I mean like ... "where's my last progression ? ... ah fuk it, I'll play it later, try another games first." . I think I'm starting new games since I don't know where to continue nor remember the game anymore.
I actually started playing when this game was much smaller, hence my save got obsolete and I lost interest. I will pick this up when it ends I guess. Good game though

3.40 star(s) 160 Votes