Pennel

Jun 4, 2017
He doesn't want to lose the revenue stream from The Twist before the new game is ready, otherwise he could go a month or two with dwindling patreon support.
Exactly.

Patreon creators discovered that if they finish a game then take a few months to get the next one going, patrons would stop support until the new game is ready. So the creators now start alternating releasing the last few updates of the old game with the first few of the new game. So that there is always a game with content available to support.

JohnJones

Jun 3, 2017
he is plannning to finish Twist after his new game will be ready?
My guess is that The Twist will finish and then the new game will begin a few weeks later. And for that reason I can't see the next update of The Twist landing until September / October, with the new game coming online in October / November. As I say though, I'm only guessing.

Simsim

Apr 29, 2017
Can we remove items somehow? i used the item cheat and now i cant progress in the story where i have to check the cabinets in the pharmecy to get the anal plug. I need to buy vitamin X from the shady gut but i already have it. Can anyone help, would appriciate it :)

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
Can we remove items somehow? i used the item cheat and now i cant progress in the story where i have to check the cabinets in the pharmecy to get the anal plug. I need to buy vitamin X from the shady gut but i already have it. Can anyone help, would appriciate it :)
Yeah, don't use the item cheat in the hallway, it's still buggy
To remove it you'll need the cheat mod (link in the signature)
Find the variable "drugs" and change it's variable to 0
That should remove vitamin X from the inventory

Or if you're not comfortable doing that, you can grab a save that close to where you are from the link in my signature as well

Last edited:

Simsim

Apr 29, 2017
Yeah, don't use the item cheat in the hallway, it's still buggy
To remove it you'll need the cheat mod (link in the signature)
Find the variable "drugs" and change it's variable to 0
That should remove vitamin X from the inventory

Or if you're not comfortable doing that, you can grab a save that close to where you are from the link in my signature as well
Thanks you buddy, appriciate it! :)

yourdesire8

Jul 1, 2017
uhm replaying this sounds long, how safe is cheating and adding points? it will probably break some events huh? Is there any safe way to do that ?

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
uhm replaying this sounds long, how safe is cheating and adding points? it will probably break some events huh? Is there any safe way to do that ?
Yes, if you over do it you can break the game very easily
What I did, which is how I went about creating my saves (link in the signature), is

Follow the walkthrough to the letter
take each section one at a time

only using the cheat to add money, reset energy to max only and resupplying main inventory
main inventory being, lube, condoms, suntan lotion, Plan B pills, vitamin X, Sleeping Pill, Lactation Pills
But only after I acquire them through playing the game.

As for increasing relationship points, I only increase them after I complete a section of the walkthrough, and only at the level the section tells me they should be at, at that time
For Example
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Doing so otherwise, could easily make you miss triggers and thus break the game, forcing you to restart all over again.

Reactions: darlic

Calyps0

Mar 24, 2018
Is anyone else having issues with opening the game? For MAC I cannot get the game to open. It just bounces on the task bar and an error message pops-up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
Is anyone else having issues with opening the game? For MAC I cannot get the game to open. It just bounces on the task bar and an error message pops-up.

Any help would be appreciated.
Take a look at the signature above your post

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
There is a tool called CompactGUI - basically a GUI for a built-in file compression mechanics in Windows with some extra compression settings. You unpack the game, then you feed a folder to this program and it tries to compress it using NTFS compression. Works great on some games (games on Unity normally become half the size), not so good on others. With The Twist, it's a 74% reduction in size, just did it. The program skips very small or uncompressible files. Imagine how much faster it should load now that it has to read only 3 GB instead of 12.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
While I usually say there's no way to compress it, as I didn't know about this tool.
If under compression the game play as it should, I'm willing to place this in the useful links post.
Sorry for digging this up. Would it be possible to upload the compressed version?

I don't have access to a native Windows 10 computer to compress it myself otherwise I would to it.

I also requested a compression in the official request-compression thread, but non of them wants to try it.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
If I understood the documentation about CompactGUI correctly, then it uses the windows' filesystem compression API selectively for folders and files (instead of whole drives).
If this is correct, then it's not possible to make a downloadable compressed archive as the compression in being made "in-place" and can't be transferred to another PC.
In other words, if you want to compress the game, you have to manually do it by yourselves (by downloading the tool or using Window's integrated command-line compression utility, which CompatGUI uses)

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
Sorry for digging this up. Would it be possible to upload the compressed version?

I don't have access to a native Windows 10 computer to compress it myself otherwise I would to it.

I also requested a compression in the official request-compression thread, but non of them wants to try it.
If I understood the documentation about CompactGUI correctly, then it uses the windows' filesystem compression API selectively for folders and files (instead of whole drives).
If this is correct, then it's not possible to make a downloadable compressed archive as the compression in being made "in-place" and can't be transferred to another PC.
In other words, if you want to compress the game, you have to manually do it by yourselves (by downloading the tool or using Window's integrated command-line compression utility, which CompatGUI uses)
And it looks like if anyone tries to compress the folder you compressed with CompactGUI and then extract it, it will just extract it to its normal size.
Yeah, as darlic said, if you want to compress the game, you're going to have to compress it yourself

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Thanks for explaining it for a dummy like me!! :D

Nov 18, 2017

sorry but it doesn't work i try in software it show the folder is compress but when i check the folder is same 12 gb

3.40 star(s) 160 Votes