peter0

Sep 6, 2017
I'm stuck on the red hoodie when i go to the beach after 2000 no-ones there , go before that and he's there and disappears after a while. I know where the remote beach. The spoiler said if I try to search the area in day light he will catch me so I tried that and nothing happened, so I have missed something leading up to it any suggestions please

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
I'm stuck on the red hoodie when i go to the beach after 2000 no-ones there , go before that and he's there and disappears after a while. I know where the remote beach. The spoiler said if I try to search the area in day light he will catch me so I tried that and nothing happened, so I have missed something leading up to it any suggestions please
If you've seen the red hoodie go to the remote part of the beach from the pier, go to Billy's home and ask for the flashlght. Search the remote area of the beach at night using the flashlight and get the stash (it's also necessary to return the flashlight to start a relation with Billy's mom).

peter0

Sep 6, 2017
If you've seen the red hoodie go to the remote part of the beach from the pier, go to Billy's home and ask for the flashlght. Search the remote area of the beach at night using the flashlight and get the stash (it's also necessary to return the flashlight to start a relation with Billy's mom).
No I haven't seen him go there I just know where it is and I've only seen him by the shack in daylight never after 2000

DickFury

Aug 31, 2017
ok did test running game, seems assembly.csharp.dll can be from older version too.

the reason of it missing from game folder is antivirus.
i guess its new version of game have something with the file. modified file is instantly removed by antivirus (comodo complete security here)

the file that was uploaded by ''planetmorpheus'' was instantly removed by antivirus the moment i did unrar it. threat lvl 10 trojan. so i guess it was instantly removed when i download game for first time too.

so ppl who have issue with launching game v 0.14 (load unity then black screen and nothing happens) look into
TheTwist 0.14 > TheTwist_data > managed and make sure you have Assembly-CSharp.dll in there.
if you miss it then copy from older version of game (0.12 and earlier file is working fine, and is not affected by antivirus)

Deleted member 30700

Donor
May 11, 2017
ok did test running game, seems assembly.csharp.dll can be from older version too.

the reason of it missing from game folder is antivirus.
i guess its new version of game have something with the file. modified file is instantly removed by antivirus (comodo complete security here)

the file that was uploaded by ''planetmorpheus'' was instantly removed by antivirus the moment i did unrar it. threat lvl 10 trojan. so i guess it was instantly removed when i download game for first time too.

so ppl who have issue with launching game v 0.14 (load unity then black screen and nothing happens) look into
TheTwist 0.14 > TheTwist_data > managed and make sure you have Assembly-CSharp.dll in there.
if you miss it then copy from older version of game (0.12 and earlier file is working fine, and is not affected by antivirus)
You may want to rescan your system. I don't have a virus on mine. mine is clean, or yours is showing false positive.
The best thing for you to do is download the entire game again, and then put your saves back into the proper directory. Using the old .dll file may give you problems with the triggers in the game.

DickFury

Aug 31, 2017
You may want to rescan your system. I don't have a virus on mine. mine is clean, or yours is showing false positive.
The best thing for you to do is download the entire game again, and then put your saves back into the proper directory. Using the old .dll file may give you problems with the triggers in the game.
the virus did trigger on the file you did upload.
the one i have from 0.12 is fine.
and the one that had to be in 0.14 wasnt there, so i guess it was same modified as yours (maybe cheat enabled or whatever other mod type) so probably antivirus did remove it and thats why game did not load past unity screen.

or yours just doesnt trigger on your pc now bc you set it as trusted/ignored on your antivirus ? dunno
i had to disable antivirus, then set the file on ignore then run antivirus again, then could test. with enabled AV couldnt change it, bc its literaly instantly deleted as it unrar's

also. different AV behaves differently, some things that avast goes crazy about comodo doesnt even warn, and vise versa (comodo is smarter than most AV, including kaspersky. in 99% cases)

so this file probably has a script or part of script that matches some known T10 trojan script maybe.
low lvl threats comodo do not remove instantly, but just warning and ask for action, here it just show that t10 trojan removed right after i unrar it,, it barely could flash on desk and disappears.

PS: why would ned to move files when download new game?
this game saves on appdata and is automatically availible to new versions. didnt have to move saves in this game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 30700

Donor
May 11, 2017
the virus did trigger on the file you did upload.
the one i have from 0.12 is fine.
and the one that had to be in 0.14 wasnt there, so i guess it was same modified as yours (maybe cheat enabled or whatever other mod type) so probably antivirus did remove it and thats why game did not load past unity screen.

or yours just doesnt trigger on your pc now bc you set it as trusted/ignored on your antivirus ? dunno
i had to disable antivirus, then set the file on ignore then run antivirus again, then could test. with enabled AV couldnt change it, bc its literaly instantly deleted as it unrar's

also. different AV behaves differently, some things that avast goes crazy about comodo doesnt even warn, and vise versa (comodo is smarter than most AV, including kaspersky. in 99% cases)
I just ran the files through Comodo's online cloud scanner and my virus scanner. Both came back negative. But if yours is showing up positive, Then it's better safe than sorry. So I deleted the post.

DickFury

Aug 31, 2017
I just ran the files through Comodo's online cloud scanner and my virus scanner. Both came back negative. But if yours is showing up positive, Then it's better safe than sorry. So I deleted the post.
i can vid how i unrar your file if you dont believe me
i still have it in recycle bin.

EDIT:

sry cant, i forgot i did set it to ignore list on AV.

Deleted member 30700

Donor
May 11, 2017
i can vid how i unrar your file if you dont believe me
i still have it in recycle bin.

EDIT:

sry cant, i forgot i did set it to ignore list on AV.
That's not necessary. I believe you just fine. I'm just wondering why that was showing up on your system. Just got me nervous. So I started picking through the code inside the DLL just to make sure.

BobaFATT

Jun 8, 2017
You need to talk to mom on couch about adoption, talk to Kelly about hospital and her friend and then you can go to Emma, mention Kelly and start building a relation. Otherwise you'll just keep mowing the lawn with no progress with Emma.
Thanks this is exactly what i needed to do :)

I Love Pantheon

Oct 1, 2017
So now I've gotten the shady guy and the drugs but I still don't have progress with Emma because I never got the option to "ask about friend"

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
So now I've gotten the shady guy and the drugs but I still don't have progress with Emma because I never got the option to "ask about friend"
To start with Emma

You need to have 30+ points with Kelly to ask her about her friend

Talk to Kelly
Talk to Mom, by sitting next to her in the living room
Talk to Kelly again
---Hopefully this will get you "ask about friend" option if not
Throw in chat with Billy just in case then
Talk to Mom again
Talk to Kelly once more and that should hopefully do it.

3.40 star(s) 160 Votes