4.00 star(s) 44 Votes
Jan 25, 2021
actually, they should. If you pay for something every month and they are late as promised, they are in debt. no matter what the delay. when you pay you can demand, it's simple. Since I don't pay, it doesn't matter to me.
that's why I won't ever subscribe as already said

Ru1n

Feb 8, 2021
actually, they should. If you pay for something every month and they are late as promised, they are in debt. no matter what the delay. when you pay you can demand, it's simple. Since I don't pay, it doesn't matter to me.
And what can you do to make the dev honor that debt? Nobody's forced to pay for their stuff. If anyone paid for it and got fucked over it's on them 100%, it's like the crypto shit or any other project that got rugpulled, exept in some cases you can sue.

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
nobody owes you anything.
Cool. So if payday rolls around and you don't get a penny from your employer, are you going to be satisfied with with your boss saying "nobody owes you anything?"

Because that is not even REMOTELY how the world works.

Simply by virtue of existing everyone owes everyone else human decency.

But there are a billion and one circumstances that can and consistently do occur in which people owe other people something. The most obvious of them is this: when someone agrees to do something for you, or to provide something to you, in exchange for something from you - be it your time, your money, your labor or your goods - and you fulfill your side of said agreement, then yes; that person absolutely owes their side of the agreement.

This is true from an ethical standpoint, from a logical standpoint, and even from an legal standpoint. If a person says "hey, give me money, and I'll give you product X by date Y" and you pay, then they owe you product X by date Y.

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Cool. So if payday rolls around and you don't get a penny from your employer, are you going to be satisfied with with your boss saying "nobody owes you anything?"

Because that is not even REMOTELY how the world works.

Simply by virtue of existing everyone owes everyone else human decency.

But there are a billion and one circumstances that can and consistently do occur in which people owe other people owe other people something. The most obvious of them is this: when someone agrees to do something for you, or to provide something to you, in exchange for something from you - be it your time, your money, your labor or your goods - and you fulfill your side of said agreement, then yes; that person absolutely owes their side of the agreement.

This is true from an ethical standpoint, from a logical standpoint, and even from an legal standpoint. If a person says "hey, give me money, and I'll give you product X by date Y" and you pay, then they owe you product X by date Y.
You misunderstand the nature of the subscription services most Creators are using.

You are not contracting for a product, you are offering Patronage to an artist to help them create, as in the days of old if the Patron was not satisfied, they could withdraw their patronage and the artist died poor.

That is an option open to all here, or just carry on freeloading but don't whinge about what a creator makes or does not make it is no skin off your nose and does not reflect well on you.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Shouldn't this have a supernatural or paranormal tag i finished it and was kinda disappointed i didn't know about that stuff before i started it (I wouldn't have even started it if i knew it was going down that road)

Edit - now that I have thought about it a bit more I kind of like it,
it's not the best game on here but it's far from being the worst. oh and I like the youngest daughter the most.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lapanna

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
You misunderstand the nature of the subscription services most Creators are using.
You understand reality. It doesn't matter what the nature of the service is. The person I quoted claimed that no one owes you anything. A sentiment I've seen often enough that is beyond ridiculous. I think it started as a way to decry people with over-blown senses of entitlement, who seem to believe that people owe them something for nothing. While it's true that the world owes you very, very little in exchange for simply existing, that changes as soon as agreements are struck.

You are not contracting for a product, you are offering Patronage to an artist to help them create, as in the days of old if the Patron was not satisfied, they could withdraw their patronage and the artist died poor.
Oh, are we doing this again? Alright, hang on, let me go through my post history so I can copy and paste my response to the last time someone brough this nonsense. Here we go...

Yea, I've heard this argument here on F95. "You're supporting the person, not the project." I've heard it alot. And quite frankly? It's complete nonsense, and deep down you know it. Consider the following:

1. You come here, to F95zone. You play an unfinished game that you're really enjoying. You think to yourself "this is great! I want to support this developer!" Two weeks later, the developer announces that he's bored making that game you love, and has decided that instead he wants to make sports-themed tractor skins for Farming Simulator 2021, which he will then sell. Are you going to keep supporting him? Why not, right? It's the same guy, right? And according what you just said in your comment, you want to support him "so he can make the things HE wants to make, and not the specific thing you want." Well, "the things HE wants to make" are now sports-themed tractor skins. Are you going to keep supporting him? No. Of course you're not. You're going to drop support for that developer like a bad habit, because we both know that what you're supporting is the project.

2. More often than not, the developers use the projects as specific selling points. They advertise what they're making, and what they're going to make if they reach certain funding goals. If their supporters were just supporting THEM and not their PROJECTS, this wouldn't be. Instead they'd be offering up bios about who they are and why they deserve your money to do whatever they want. They don't do that because they know - just like I know, and just like *you* know - that people are are coming to support the project.

Can we please drop this ridiculous, disingenuous narrative.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Why not, right? It's the same guy, right? And according what you just said in your comment, you want to support him "so he can make the things HE wants to make, and not the specific thing you want."
Close, but you don't get the Biscuit ... What I said was that if the Patron is not satisfied they drop their patronage ...

Have you read the Have you noted the bit where it says:

This model is a win-win; creators retain creative freedom while getting the salary they deserve, and fans get to rest easy knowing that their money goes directly towards creating more of what they love.
Similarly on :

At SubscribeStar we believe that every talent deserves to be discovered and properly rewarded so it can continue evolving in the years to come.
What fool subscribes to a product in development when with a bit of patience they can acquire it for a fraction of the subscription cost?

If you choose to be a Patron you have to accept the risk that your protege's work may not be to your liking.

If you want a Product, wait for it to be completed before you buy it. Then you can complain if it does not meet the terms of the purchase.

Are you going to keep supporting him? No. Of course you're not. You're going to drop support for that developer like a bad habit, because we both know that what you're supporting is the project.
Correct, I have supported many creators and continue to do so because their 'art' appeals to me.

Some I follow and buy their finished products. (Product Purchase Support model)

Others I subscribe to because I wish to encourage them to continue doing what I enjoy. (Patronage model)

I have also dropped many creators, from both support models, because I was no longer satisfied.

So, if you do not want to run the risk of dissapointment, subscribe to the product's thread, enjoy the installments and then once the product is complete give the creator the market value of the finished product.

Reactions: Ru1n

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
Close, but you don't get the Biscuit ... What I said was that if the Patron is not satisfied they drop their patronage ...

Have you read the Have you noted the bit where it says:

Similarly on :

What fool subscribes to a product in development when with a bit of patience they can acquire it for a fraction of the subscription cost?

If you choose to be a Patron you have to accept the risk that your protege's work may not be to your liking.

If you want a Product, wait for it to be completed before you buy it. Then you can complain if it does not meet the terms of the purchase.

Correct, I have supported many creators and continue to do so because their 'art' appeals to me.

Some I follow and buy their finished products. (Product Purchase Support model)

Others I subscribe to because I wish to encourage them to continue doing what I enjoy. (Patronage model)

I have also dropped many creators, from both support models, because I was no longer satisfied.

So, if you do not want to run the risk of dissapointment, subscribe to the product's thread, enjoy the installments and then once the product is complete give the creator the market value of the finished product.
Cool story. The original point of Twitter was to answer the question "what are you doing right now." And nothing else. That's specifically why there's such a short restriction on words. Because they didn't want it to be a blogging platform. People literally chain thirty tweets together to rant about politics.

Twitch was meant to be video-games only, the degree that they would specifically ban channels that were not about gaming. It's over-run with hot tub thots.

The intent of platforms is not necessarily how said platforms are used. When you put up a Patreon page and every word of what you post is about a specific project or product you are making, the subscription page talks almost exclusively about funding said product or project, and access to said product or project is promised in exchange for your money, you're not soliciting altruistic donations, you are crowdfunding your project. Pure and simple. You know what you're selling, everyone knows what they're paying for, the relationships is pretty clearly established. It is beyond disingenuous to hide behind the foundational concept of Patronage while pretending that everything they've put up establishing what your money is going to and why you should pay and what you'll be getting from them in exchange for your money.

Utter nonsense.

trynd

Sep 17, 2017
stop being a cry BABY
Oblivious to just how much work goes into story writing,graphics,animations and rendering.
Sit back relax and take a chill pill
such a bad take, you sound like the people who defended dual family milfy city etc. its also ironic since you obviously don't understand how much goes into the things you said. what's it been 9 months since update or so? so 6600 hours has passed and you really think in 6600 hours you can't put out an update if you're actually spending any time on it? its actually difficult to have not completed the update by now which leaves two reasons why, either a tornado hit the devs house (or something as unfortunate as this in his life) or he doesn't feel like working on the game most days (lazy).

Reactions: Centenox

Lapanna

Feb 26, 2023
such a bad take, you sound like the people who defended dual family milfy city etc. its also ironic since you obviously don't understand how much goes into the things you said. what's it been 9 months since update or so? so 6600 hours has passed and you really think in 6600 hours you can't put out an update if you're actually spending any time on it? its actually difficult to have not completed the update by now which leaves two reasons why, either a tornado hit the devs house (or something as unfortunate as this in his life) or he doesn't feel like working on the game most days (lazy).
at this rate you also do 10 months

4.00 star(s) 44 Votes