sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
if we are talking about copyright the only thing the author "owns" is the story and in as far i know it will not go well in court due to the story is to similar to other works like in some counties you can pretty much changes only the names in the story and you "own" that story aka it counts as a "new" copyright so he can if the guy want pretty much use the same models and create a similar story with different names but in essence "same" story

when it comes to the models the author has only paid(that is if he has paid for them and not downloaded them from here for free) a license to use them not brought the copyright from the original creator

so it exist in the end very little that the author can do if someone ales do choose to make a similar game

as most the author can be mad/angry that someone is making the game with the "same" story but it is pretty much that

so i would not be worried on that front

but other then that i would still recommend that you changes more then the name in the story it exist more stuff you can do with the models then what is current being use in is story so i would try to add some new stuff into it if not even add some news ones(models)

because if the copyright laws was different then pretty much every "cosplayer" who sells stuff would lose money due to they would need to pay the original owner of the copyright (in the "cosplayer" case the character that they cosplay as)
even if they don't have a 100% the same look as the original copyright aka character

but then in the end i don't knows every copyright laws in the world

like take the game something unlimited here on f95zone would they not need to pay the original copyright holder for using character that they do not own and they also profits from it ? is that not against copyrights laws ? the only things that they "owns" would be the code that's if they made the codes themselves and did not use tools to make that games but wrote the codes themselves without using a mall(a set of premade stuff some sites is using malls so it take less time to make the site)
Not true at all. Copyright also applies to images and other forms of artistic work. Copyright almost certainly extends not only to images already provided in-game, but to any models that were substantively altered from base (the base model would remain copyright the original creator, the derivative work would be copyright the dev based on his license to use the original work).

Last edited:
Reactions: Penfold Mole

DeVilBro

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2018
Obviously because that stupid game had a metric shit ton of rip offs.
Why are some devs obsessed with this one project! There are some other projects that could use a remake.
Specially some nice rpgm projects...players would love to have a renpy remake of those.

Reactions: Pmktrn17

sserobinsse

Sep 6, 2017
Not true at all. Copyright also applies to images and other forms of artistic work. Copyright almost certainly expends not only to images already provided in-game, but to any models that were substantively altered from base (the base model would remain copyright the original creator, the derivative work would be copyright the dev based on his license to use the original work).

do games work as a "artistic work" ? (is serious wondering)

yes i know about the in theory "copyright" that gets auto apply when people create stuff but in practice it sadly works different from what i have seen

if say just for as a example: the original model creator dislike how much hate he has gotten due to something saddoggames have done then the original creator of the model "base model" can remove saddoggames right to use his copyrighted model with then saddoggames can not really do anything then redo all the scenes in the game with does models so even if in theory saddoggames have copyright to the "looks" the model currently has in practice that is pretty much worthless if saddoggames lose the right to use the original model or the "base model"

you only need to look to some fan made mods or even movies to see how copyright works in practice because many of them has been copyright strikes to death by the original copyright holder despise the "artistic work" does fans did do when they made the mod or movie

heck i think even the story my has too many common tropes to be copyrighted in practice because it exist people who has sued someone ales just because they story is too similar to works that the person who made the claim but they lost due to the fact that just because the story my or not be similar or some character looks similar is not enough to go on for suing for copyright claim so in the end based from what i know and read about copyright in practice any "copyright" saddoggames has is pretty much worthless but sure i too wish that copyright works almost the same as in theory

but i end on is one thing that i said in the text you qoute of me " but then in the end i don't knows every copyright laws in the world "

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
do games work as a "artistic work" ? (is serious wondering)

yes i know about the in theory "copyright" that gets auto apply when people create stuff but in practice it sadly works different from what i have seen

if say just for as a example: the original model creator dislike how much hate he has gotten due to something saddoggames have done then the original creator of the model "base model" can remove saddoggames right to use his copyrighted model with then saddoggames can not really do anything then redo all the scenes in the game with does models so even if in theory saddoggames have copyright to the "looks" the model currently has in practice that is pretty much worthless if saddoggames lose the right to use the original model or the "base model"

you only need to look to some fan made mods or even movies to see how copyright works in practice because many of them has been copyright strikes to death by the original copyright holder despise the "artistic work" does fans did do when they made the mod or movie

heck i think even the story my has too many common tropes to be copyrighted in practice because it exist people who has sued someone ales just because they story is too similar to works that the person who made the claim but they lost due to the fact that just because the story my or not be similar or some character looks similar is not enough to go on for suing for copyright claim so in the end based from what i know and read about copyright in practice any "copyright" saddoggames has is pretty much worthless but sure i too wish that copyright works almost the same as in theory

but i end on is one thing that i said in the text you qoute of me " but then in the end i don't knows every copyright laws in the world "
The rules of a game do not. The presentation and interior artwork do count.

Generally no. The model was licensed for commercial use. Unless the licence includes a right to review (and it won't) or a morals clause (incredibly unlikely) then the original artist has no right to restrict use that it was properly licensed for.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Why are some devs obsessed with this one project! There are some other projects that could use a remake.
Specially some nice rpgm projects...players would love to have a renpy remake of those.
I don't know and i can't even understand it but i agree that there are a lot of projects that would make for nice remakes or even continuations if they were abandoned the only problem i see there would be that the projects will loose their original charme because things like visuals and writing will change a lot since everyone has his/her own style.

Reactions: Mando Logica

DeVilBro

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2018
I don't know and i can't even understand it but i agree that there are a lot of projects that would make for nice remakes or even continuations if they were abandoned the only problem i see there would be that the projects will loose their original charme because things like visuals and writing will change a lot since everyone has his/her own style.
True but it's better to have a complete story through remake than an abandoned story.

Reactions: Sabertooth__

sserobinsse

Sep 6, 2017
is the game abandoned or is there some hope left?
in all honesty we don't know games get marked abandoned here on f95zone when it ha not gotten any updates in X amount of month(forgot how many month it need to had gone for it to be marked as abandoned)

it is completely possible that Saddoggames has choose to not update people because Saddoggames want to focus on updating the game but from what i know Saddoggames has not updating the Patreon so i don't know for sure perhaps other know more

Reactions: sing1942
Jul 21, 2020
in all honesty we don't know games get marked abandoned here on f95zone when it ha not gotten any updates in X amount of month(forgot how many month it need to had gone for it to be marked as abandoned)

it is completely possible that Saddoggames has choose to not update people because Saddoggames want to focus on updating the game but from what i know Saddoggames has not updating the Patreon so i don't know for sure perhaps other know more
thanks man....lets hope for the best...also the walkthrough's not updated...is there any scene with susan as of yet?

JumpingJacky

Jun 25, 2018
is the game abandoned or is there some hope left?
There is a specified amount of months for the creator not to talk about any updates or any releases for it to be declared as "Abandoned" on f95. This happened 3rd time already so we may still have hope for this game. I don't think that this game is going to be abandoned yet.

Jicomir

May 14, 2018
There is a specified amount of months for the creator not to talk about any updates or any releases for it to be declared as "Abandoned" on f95. This happened 3rd time already so we may still have hope for this game. I don't think that this game is going to be abandoned yet.
Hope !? The author has not provided any information for 6 months.

Reactions: Deep-Six

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
Worst part about the radio silence is that the dev is still active on this site. Hasn't posted anything here since jan last year but is viewing other threads. Probably best to just give up any hopes of this coming back.

3 months of radio silence is when a game gets marked abandoned, it gets changed when a new version is released.

JumpingJacky

Jun 25, 2018
Worst part about the radio silence is that the dev is still active on this site. Hasn't posted anything here since jan last year but is viewing other threads. Probably best to just give up any hopes of this coming back.
It's just sad because this game has a lot of potentials, I never was into this game with high hopes, but if this flow keeps up it better be the way it is now. I'm still amazed by the number of people supporting this project, I wish if that number would motivate the creator to think about this project once again.

tomcat

Aug 5, 2016
It's just sad because this game has a lot of potentials, I never was into this game with high hopes, but if this flow keeps up it better be the way it is now. I'm still amazed by the number of people supporting this project, I wish if that number would motivate the creator to think about this project once again.
Nothing stopping people from just making a similar game with a similar concept.

Reactions: Pmktrn17
3.50 star(s) 120 Votes