fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I guess it depends on your definition of cheating. For me, it doesn't qualify as cheating until the person actually has sex with someone. A person in Haley's situation I'd define as "curious/confused". She's seemingly never felt anything sexual for another woman before and Nikki, with her smoking hot bod, has clearly awakened something in her. So Haley's got these new feelings inside her and it's making her both curious to explore them and confused about how to deal with them.

I'm sure she wants to go all the way with Nikki, in which case she's at least entertaining the idea of cheating on him, but briefly sucking Nikki's tit and being used as a means for Nikki to get a threesome with her and the MC doesn't quite reach the level of cheating for me.

It's like when I found out the girlfriend of a friend of mine had kissed another guy. I confronted her about it and asked her why she did it and she told me that things weren't so good with her and my friend and that she kind of liked this other guy but still liked my friend too. She was confused about how she felt and that's why she kissed this other guy. So I told my friend that he needed to have a talk with her but didn't tell him about the kiss and I guess it worked because not only did they patch things up but they're married now and expecting their first child.

Sometimes a relationship hits a rocky patch and one or both of the people in the relationship will find someone who makes them feel better which causes them to start developing deeper feelings for them, and in other cases, like Haley's, someone can just enter your life who you have this unbelievable attraction towards. In the first example, the relationship can still be salvaged if there are reconcilable differences, like with my friend, before things go too far, and in the other example it's usually just pure lust that doesn't need to be satisfied if you can get a handle on it. But in either of these cases, I still wouldn't call it cheating until there is actually sex involved.
Thanks, I'm aware of the ways of the world, too :) Not mimizing your context, but I feel it misses the point a bit.

That is, Haley was still cheating - she reached out with intent to have sex and was stopped by her target after making intimate physical contact with Nikki. Then, Haley was "caught" (purposefully, by Nikki's machinations) eating Nikki out at the gym, where she specifically stated that her expectation was the MC wouldn't be around while they engaged in horseplay. Her tongue was up the groove, so to speak. That's sex right there.

Regardless of whether one is "experimenting" due to mixed feelings or not, when you act outside the relationship towards intimacy with another person that's usually reserved for your partner - and, if your partner doesn't know/approve - it's technically cheating. People's hearts can wander and all, but when you act on those feelings (which could be via overwrought sex chat typically reserved for your intimate partner) then the cheating summit quickly comes into view.

All this "I didn't have sex with that intern" stuff attempts to use technicalities for glossing over actual intent + action which went counter to one's implicit exclusivity agreement they had with another person.

So, what you are describing is the typical mode of how people decide to explain and/or excuse their behavior to themselves or their original partner, really. And it's perfectly fine to put context on one's actions, as that could help engender understanding when caught or they own up to things. But in the end, it's really up to the person on whom they are cheating to decide how serious the intent and/or actions might have been and if they should attempt to reconcile or call it a day.

In this case, the MC is a total whore and obviously was up for the notion of sex with Nikki being involved. So, it was all good!

I don't like any of the characters in this VN, but it's still entertaining on a certain level.

Reactions: magus448

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Yeah, it's definitely "Bye bye Haley, wish I could say it was nice knowing ya...NOT!" :p
Well Haley is hot and I'm sure the MC has had some good times with her, but she can't possibly compete with both Karen's insanely hot body and the incest taboo. I've been saying this a lot since this update, but if this were a real life situation and I was in it, then I wouldn't hesitate to drop Haley like a sack of potatoes because having a Mum who looks like Karen that I can fuck all the time would be a dream come true.

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
@stiglet When talking to Michelle in the patched version, the MC states he's there with his girlfriend and she briefly speaks 'on one page' that she was certain he and 'Karen' were an item, then switches back to referring to her as the MC's mom. Obviously, a portion of non-patch dialogue that slipped through.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I don't get why there needs to be a contest with Haley, honestly.

As far as characters go, the MC acts just as shallow and committed to their relationship (which is to say, it seems like a minor arrangement they haven't bothered to revisit openly yet). They are actually a good match.

She looks good and doesn't have purposefully blown-out proportions like Juru, Karen or Nikki. Plus, her role creates a bit of tension and sneakiness for the plot, while bringing the only lesbian content thus far (for those who enjoy that mix). There's really not much complexity to the overall storyline and her presence at least adds something to make it less than a perfectly straight line.

Again, I don't really like *any* of the characters in this VN much. But, if I had to choose a favorite, it remains the maid! She's the most honest about her intentions and how to go about making them be known to the MC, while her body doesn't defy gravity in quite a distracting manner as some others sometimes do.

@stiglet When talking to Michelle in the patched version, the MC states he's there with his girlfriend and she briefly speaks 'on one page' that she was certain he and 'Karen' were an item, then switches back to referring to her as the MC's mom. Obviously, a portion of non-patch dialogue that slipped through.
That's not Stiglet's responsibility to maintain the patch, I thought? Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Are you using the "official" unofficial patch linked from the first post, maybe?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I don't get why there needs to be a contest with Haley, honestly.
Yeah, me neither. "Contest" would imply Haley has a chance, but she can't hope to compete against a smoking hot, cock-hungry Mum that you can fuck every day of the week.

Reactions: Outrider

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
That's not Stiglet's responsibility to maintain the patch, I thought? Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Are you using the "official" unofficial patch linked from the first post, maybe?
I'm using the only patch you're supposed to use.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Yeah, me neither. "Contest" would imply Haley has a chance, but she can't hope to compete against a smoking hot, cock-hungry Mum that you can fuck every day of the week.
*pssh* :cool: ... different strokes, different folks ...

At least Haley isn't a strict control freak who may turn out to be even worse ... :)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
*pssh* :cool: ... different strokes, different folks ...

At least Haley isn't a strict control freak who may turn out to be even worse ... :)
I don't see the Mum as being a control freak, I see her as being someone who believes in exclusivity; that now they've had sex it means that they're a couple, so the Mum believes that her son should break up with Haley because he's now in a relationship with her. To me, that's not controlling but simply a black and white view of what sex means, that she equates sex with love and that that love means you're now in a committed relationship. Yes, some people in some cases can take this view to extremes and become total psycho bitches, but I don't think the Mum is like this and is looking at it in the purest sense; that he's done this with her because he wants to be in a serious relationship with her and that it's not fair to Haley to continue that relationship.

Reactions: jaydem and Hadgar
4.20 star(s) 196 Votes