VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Weighting Game [v0.7] [Tiggertoo]

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Floyd_UK

Oct 29, 2020
He's not the dev, I am :)

I know every game under the sun gets pirated, and I'm not naive enough to think that mine won't, but perhaps consider in future letting a game actually get finished before pirating it...? These things cost money to make, and if it wasn't for some very generous people on my patreon page, I'd have almost certainly not been able to afford to carry on.

If it was a choice between an unfinished game right now for free, or a finished game in a few months time for free, I know which I'd rather have.

Oh, and there won't be any hardcore stuff in there. Sorry :p

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
First, congratulations on your game! Although the grind is a bit too much IMO the pictures are wonderful and the dialogue is well written. Very high quality and you have every right to be very proud of your achievement so far.

I'm sad to hear about no hardcore content. For this type of game, you see sexy fat ladies and you just want to love them! Any chance of maybe non-insertion type of content beyond just kissing, maybe being able to lick pussy, suckle breasts, etc.? I understand the focus is on weight gain but even without more intense scenes those would be wonderful. I hope you'll consider it.

Best of luck. I hope that the leak will at least have a silver lining and bring more attention (and patrons) to your game. It's done that with others sometimes and you deserve a lot of support for putting out a great game.

Floyd_UK

Oct 29, 2020
There definitely won't be anything more explicit than what's in there so far. To be honest, given that this site seems to focus predominantly on hardcore games, I was quite surprised to see my own game show up here.

Most games of this type are along the lines of 'girl eats a couple of pieces of cake and more or less instantly balloons'. I wanted to do something a bit different, so it's delberately slow-paced. Meaning it is indeed a bit grindy at times.

For that reason, the upcoming version is focussed on adding variety to the existing content rather than much in the way of new story. The pacing won't change (I ran a poll on the pacing of the game on the patreon page last year and something like 90% of the responses said it was too fast if anything, especially later on), but there'll be more to do to try and keep everything a bit fresher.

May 19, 2020
There definitely won't be anything more explicit than what's in there so far. To be honest, given that this site seems to focus predominantly on hardcore games, I was quite surprised to see my own game show up here.

Most games of this type are along the lines of 'girl eats a couple of pieces of cake and more or less instantly balloons'. I wanted to do something a bit different, so it's delberately slow-paced. Meaning it is indeed a bit grindy at times.

For that reason, the upcoming version is focussed on adding variety to the existing content rather than much in the way of new story. The pacing won't change (I ran a poll on the pacing of the game on the patreon page last year and something like 90% of the responses said it was too fast if anything, especially later on), but there'll be more to do to try and keep everything a bit fresher.
While it's a tad bit disappointing there won't be any hardcore scenes, to be honest, the game is already plenty erotic - I've enjoyed it more than I have several hardcore games that I've played. It's a very well-written story, the renders are great, and (at least for the people to whom this game is meant for) the kink of watching Alice (and the others, including the waitress who I wouldn't be opposed to getting to know a little better :p) blow up, seeing her body change and how the characters respond to it is very satisfying. Hardcore would be a lovely bonus, but your project very much does not need it and you shouldn't feel the need to put it in, unless for whatever reason you change your mind down the road.

As for the pacing, I thought it was just a little too slow when I played the first time through, but after playing a second time I think it was just that I was very unsure of what I was meant to be doing and that extended the time it took. I think people are just (understandably) very eager to see Alice (and the others) progress through their stages, because... well, the people playing really like seeing girls get fat, and your renders and character models are very nice. I'm now of the opinion that the pacing is actually just right - it usually leaves just enough time for you to get through all the different events a few times, seeing the alternate dialogue and how some of them can take off in different directions entirely.

Can't wait for 0.6, excited for new content! (...hopefully it doesn't end up here, though.)

JBB1986

Apr 15, 2019
He's not the dev, I am :)

I know every game under the sun gets pirated, and I'm not naive enough to think that mine won't, but perhaps consider in future letting a game actually get finished before pirating it...? These things cost money to make, and if it wasn't for some very generous people on my patreon page, I'd have almost certainly not been able to afford to carry on.

If it was a choice between an unfinished game right now for free, or a finished game in a few months time for free, I know which I'd rather have.

Mad respect, my guy! You can always tell when someone has put serious effort into a piece of work, and this screams effort and care. I don't mind the grind (as it DOES make sense that something like this would take time, and as possibilities said, it gives time to go through the varied interactions (and there are a LOT, seriously, wow). before you reach the next stage. And the writings great. The characters don't feel like cardboard cut-outs, and some scenes actually feel very real (that scene with Alice after the job interview, for example; that....honestly felt like the way a real person might react in that situation. Lot of understandable emotions all in a very short period of time.) .

I honestly don't think I've ever played a game that caters to this specific kink (there's really not that many out there, at least that I've seen), and I probably wouldn't have seen this one if it hadn't popped up here. I'm probably going to support your Patreon, and I literally only support one other game on here, for the same reason as this one. I REALLY like the writing.

Sucks that it got leaked before it was done, though. I hope people respect your wishes and hold off until you're finished. Like you said, better a finished game later, than an unfinished game right NOW.

I also hope other people on here choose to support you if they enjoy it. With some of these games its useful advertisement, so lets be positive and hope it turns out that way here?

Croosby86

Mar 21, 2020
I played the game for a few hours and still no sex scene or nothing only one short nude scene, i think i reached over 100 days till i had enough but the game overall was alright.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
The forum needs a tag for no sex or something so people stop showing up expecting there to be sex in a softcore only game.

Reactions: Gojii

simon.dean

Aug 28, 2018
Hey man, I get your frustrations with showing up here and mad respect for even commenting! I love stuff like this so i was over the moon when i saw it. Plus i will sign up for your patron asap. Do you know any other site that advertises content like this?

blobgob

Jun 24, 2017
It was originally posted on the weightgaming.com forum, I didn't really check that forum often, but it has quite a bit of content now. Weighting Game is definitely the best game I've found so far on there though.

Reactions: tsap

bigdom93

Feb 28, 2018
It was originally posted on the weightgaming.com forum, I didn't really check that forum often, but it has quite a bit of content now. Weighting Game is definitely the best game I've found so far on there though.
I've never really like how weightgaming is laid out, it's almost impossible to find anything worthwile(an actual game with a decent amount of content),

Floyd_UK

Oct 29, 2020
I can't stop you stealing the game, but my motivation to finish it has been all but sapped by it being constantly pirated while I'm still writing it.

So, it's up to you. An unfinished (and never to be completed) game now, or a finished game in a few months time.

Reactions: possibilities4774
3.80 star(s) 4 Votes