Ajghz

Jan 26, 2021
Hey apocalypsetoday, just remember it's all feedback to improve the future content, the good,bad and the ugly.
Hell I remember a loooong time a go in boot camp they all laughed at me for having various ideas.
That have since been adopted into protocols, and now I mostly spend my time consulting/training/advising, and also on frequent flights.
And what I've learned over the years is that, it's the way something is implemented that makes the difference, if implemented at all.
Anyway good luck, happy holidays, and thanks for sharing, so see you on the flip side aj out.

Reactions: Nelson4ever

Nelson4ever

Oct 11, 2021
Nice game apocalypsetoday , Loved the melody reference in the game , the lewd game between Chelsea and MC . Free roam in the game could use help with hints or with an option to skip them .

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
Thank you all for playing chapter 2. I wanted to write a quick summary of the day.

In the next week or so, I will release 0.2.1 which will have a "minigame-free" mode, toggle-able in the main menu. This will allow you to check a single box and not have to worry about minigames for the entire story (including future releases).
Note. This will not disable the lewd mini-games like the chelsea remote control or the lisa interaction. Lewd games will allways be presented where the player has accepted that route.

Free-roam. Some of you may not like to hear this, but its here to stay. There will likely be 1-2 free roam events per chapter, so I encourage any feedback you can give if you think there are ways it could work better.

Overall I am very grateful for every piece of feedback recieved...the good the bad and the ugly as it all helps to guide the nexts steps of the game.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and I look forward to seeing you all on the other side!
regarding the free roam my only suggestion is making the arrows to where we can go to another area visible. it helps with navigation. in terms of interactable items...i mean i'd appreaciate them also being obvious but i'll let that pass.

regarding the stop watch. i feel a little alteration to its power might be neccesary when its being explained. especially cause of the lisa scene.

instead of it lasting only 60 seconds. it should be explained that the amount of time the watch stops is random at the moment. sometimes 60 seconds others 60 mins. how much time MC is able to determine he has could be calculated easily by checking his phone. Example: MC's stopwatch big hand moves 1 second for every minute on his phone. at least then it can justify a sex scene like the one with lisa.

otherwise ima assume MC has super speed and premature ejaculation:LOL:.

but yeah at least then it would explain why he had time with lisa but not at the Gym. cause once again 60 seconds is...short.

or then again you probably already thought of it and im sounding lke an ass:whistle:

apocalypsetoday

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
Question: is there a way not to use stopwatch in the gym or using it there is part of the story? Ty.
Yes, though there is no benefit to doing so...in fact you miss out on the gym girl nudes if you do. I'm going to reword some of the dialogue as it does seem to imply otherwise at the moment.
Also, I'm going to post the 3 ways of completing the gym free roam when I get a second.
Has anyone else been experiencing lag when playing this game or is it just my computer?
All of the renders are in 4k, so it's pretty demanding. Maybe the compressed version will work better for you?
Yeah I couldn't find a way without using it too.
Really? I found the code in less than 10 tries. We had a game called Mastermind, if I remember correctly, back in the 70/80s which was like this code minigame, I didn't even had to focus...
There is a way, I'll post a guide shortly :)
Also...the minigame is 100% based around mastermind!
So how much content is there right now and do we have more explanation on the prostitution tag, with what content is with that and if it is avoidable?
Others might have a better perspectvie but its around 90 minutes of content so far depending on how fast you can read.
There is 1, avoidable prostitution scene at the beginning of the game and it's the prostitutes first day on the job.
When asking Annie for advice about getting into the gym, she suggests going into the changing room herself to steal the tag. Is that not something that can happen? So I get all 4 girls in there?

Edit: Doesn't look like it is, with a different method of getting her into the changing rooms your own character says it wouldn't be good to send Annie in.

Also the gallery isn't unlocking properly?
There isn't a way to get all 4 in there I'm afraid.
Also, which gallery hasn't unlocked for you?
apocalypsetoday, thanks for sharing, but is there a way to fix sarah's eyes, maybe in the next update or in future content.
Ok now I get the game has a horror tag but wow those eyes, no offense/trolling just my personal observation/feedback.
Funny you should say this as I actually remastered Sarah's eyes half way through the chapter as they were bugging me too.
From the wine drinking balcony scene onwards, Sarah has new and improved eyes, as does Sophia after the club scene.
I have a question.

Will there be a "reward" for not using the watch for sexual purposes? For example, with Lisa.

I understand that if you use it many times for this, the game will follow a darker and / or depraved dynamic for the MC, right? Because when you use it and when you don't use it, the MC talks about it. On whether it is the path you want to follow. And I'm talking about a "reward" of the same level as if you use the watch.

I consider myself a romantic person and I was pleased that if we did not use the watch, we would have a sweet kiss with Sarah. But... I don't just play for lovey dovey romances. It is the main reason, but not the only one. I also play for the sex scenes. If you decide to use the watch, you literally have a little bit of everything. Vaginal, anal, oral, masturbation, cunnilingus, titfuck, toys. Everything. And an image in the gallery, I think. And if you don't use it, you get a kiss with Sarah.

Yeah, I love kissing scenes, handholding, dating, small and big romantic moments, etc. And I am genuinely happy with things like that. It's one of the reasons I take romantic routes. The dating sim part.

But, as I said, the sexual part is an important part in these VNs. Many of them make the mistake (in my opinion) that on the paths and routes of romance, sex takes a long time to arrive, while the routes of corruption have everything very fast. And if we compare the sexual content between both routes, usually the romance routes have fewer sexual scenes.
So, when you compare the level of immediate payoff, it seems pretty unbalanced to me.

That said, what I like the most is that with all the girls there seems to be the potential for genuine romances. Sarah, Annie and Sophia are quite sweet. I feared for Chelsea being a bit wild. But in the last scene with her in the bar it shows that she has feelings for the MC and if you reject the blowjob from Sophie's sister, it shows. I liked this detail. That Chelsea can be quite crazy and daring, but she also could be cute and romantic with the MC.
I totally get where you are coming from and from a Dev perspective It's really hard to balance the good versus the bad aproach. I suppose that's the same as real life though in that the good guys usually win in the end but its a slow and steady race. The bad boys usually get their kicks, but usually struggle in the long game? If you have any ideas I would be very keen to hear them.
What is up with timestop games having obnoxious puzzle mechanics? The university gym 'free roam' is beyond annoying.

If as the Dev says they are not only here to stay but be ever present in every update I'll probably just not play. No patience for such things; much prefer to focus on the story than pointless fluff.
I totally get it, I do. And ultimately I know I can't please everybody...in fact imagine the Frankenstein mess of a game if we tried to do that? The ultimate end is that the main driving force behind the development of the game is me having fun making it because as we all know, making these games rarely makes us rich. If we lose that by taking out the bits that I enjoy making then the game will surely die before it is completed.
Nice game apocalypsetoday , Loved the melody reference in the game , the lewd game between Chelsea and MC . Free roam in the game could use help with hints or with an option to skip them .
Thanks for the contructive feedback. I will take a little more time on the next free roam events to make sure I give folks the helping hand when they need it.
regarding the free roam my only suggestion is making the arrows to where we can go to another area visible. it helps with navigation. in terms of interactable items...i mean i'd appreaciate them also being obvious but i'll let that pass.

regarding the stop watch. i feel a little alteration to its power might be neccesary when its being explained. especially cause of the lisa scene.

instead of it lasting only 60 seconds. it should be explained that the amount of time the watch stops is random at the moment. sometimes 60 seconds others 60 mins. how much time MC is able to determine he has could be calculated easily by checking his phone. Example: MC's stopwatch big hand moves 1 second for every minute on his phone. at least then it can justify a sex scene like the one with lisa.

otherwise ima assume MC has super speed and premature ejaculation:LOL:.

but yeah at least then it would explain why he had time with lisa but not at the Gym. cause once again 60 seconds is...short.

or then again you probably already thought of it and im sounding lke an ass:whistle:
Yeah I toyed with the idea and tried explaining it in various ways but it always ended up sounding like I was trying to make excuses to get it to work :( I settled on the idea of "purely for the timestop minigames, people will just have to be open minded". The story based aspects of time control I can make work with the CURRENT restrictions. That's not to say the 60 second restriction will always be the case!

----

If I havent replied to anybody else's post, I'm not ignoring you I just probably already answered the query on another post previously :)

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
It has become clear that minigames are a love / hate kinda thing so I have attached a mod that allows you to skip right over the trojan minigame.

Simply place in your game folder overwriting the existing items. I have only tested breifly so any issues with it please let me know.
It does not stop the stupid free-roaming. Bye.

TheAverageForumUser

Nov 12, 2021
The game is pretty demanding as it's fully rendered in 4k. Give the compressed version a try, the lower res images might help with performance
Played the original game , my computer experienced so much lag , tried compressed version later ,it worked fine for me . Amazing plot and characters apocalypsetoday , gonna wait and see how the story progresses .

Reactions: apocalypsetoday

Ajghz

Jan 26, 2021
Funny you should say this as I actually remastered Sarah's eyes half way through the chapter as they were bugging me too.
From the wine drinking balcony scene onwards, Sarah has new and improved eyes, as does Sophia after the club scene.
Roger that, as my comment was for feedback purposes.
So again thanks for sharing, and godspeed.

Ajghz

Jan 26, 2021
nah, i try the compressed and it still happen
Not sure what type of setup or rig you have, laptop or pc, and if it's amd, nvidia or onboard.
But I've had that problem on some of my systems, and also all of my laters systems 2012 - present have nvidia graphics.
Anyway I just adjust the settings individually thru the geforce experience, once I add the title to my list of software, not sure on amd.
And if It's a phone or tablet, I guess the above is n/a.
Just thought I'd offer a possible solution hopefully, so good luck.

Last edited:

markblazes

Jun 16, 2020
Yes, though there is no benefit to doing so...in fact you miss out on the gym girl nudes if you do. I'm going to reword some of the dialogue as it does seem to imply otherwise at the moment.
Also, I'm going to post the 3 ways of completing the gym free roam when I get a second.

All of the renders are in 4k, so it's pretty demanding. Maybe the compressed version will work better for you?

There is a way, I'll post a guide shortly :)
Also...the minigame is 100% based around mastermind!

Others might have a better perspectvie but its around 90 minutes of content so far depending on how fast you can read.
There is 1, avoidable prostitution scene at the beginning of the game and it's the prostitutes first day on the job.

I totally get where you are coming from and from a Dev perspective It's really hard to balance the good versus the bad aproach. I suppose that's the same as real life though in that the good guys usually win in the end but its a slow and steady race. The bad boys usually get their kicks, but usually struggle in the long game? If you have any ideas I would be very keen to hear them.

I totally get it, I do. And ultimately I know I can't please everybody...in fact imagine the Frankenstein mess of a game if we tried to do that? The ultimate end is that the main driving force behind the development of the game is me having fun making it because as we all know, making these games rarely makes us rich. If we lose that by taking out the bits that I enjoy making then the game will surely die before it is completed.

Thanks for the contructive feedback. I will take a little more time on the next free roam events to make sure I give folks the helping hand when they need it.

Yeah I toyed with the idea and tried explaining it in various ways but it always ended up sounding like I was trying to make excuses to get it to work :( I settled on the idea of "purely for the timestop minigames, people will just have to be open minded". The story based aspects of time control I can make work with the CURRENT restrictions. That's not to say the 60 second restriction will always be the case!

----

If I havent replied to anybody else's post, I'm not ignoring you I just probably already answered the query on another post previously :)
Yeah thank you, I'd try the compressed version next update. My PC really didn't have problems during normal scenes except that they were slow, but the animations were the ones that I had the problems with the most, even when I tried to skipped them it kept crashing. Other than that, it's a very great game, and I'm already hooked on the story :D.

• Red Heart

submissive -Ben83

Feb 16, 2020
I have just got to the code part grantedi found a little hard i magaged it. why did i find it hard? well I have a learning disabilities i am austistic and for me things like this is really difficult for me so i can understand peoples frustration. Too be honest its stupid in an adult game stort wise maybe but atleast if you think people will enjoy it fine but for the people like me i just wanted to skip and not play the minigame.

i like this game so far though would like to see more female domination in it. Anyways hope fully in future updates there will be and option to skip the minigames and auto finish it cos i just felt i went for a really hard school exam test LMFAO :LOL: :LOL: .

Just a heads up though not everone can do these games and dont enjoy them they may have a greater disabilitie like mine and will struggle to do it. thats all. (y)

Kinky Bully

Feb 17, 2020
Nice update!
I love the character development in this game.
But please make the sex scenes a bit more spicy if possible.
Best of luck to the dev.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: rKnight

HarveyD

Oct 15, 2017
I didn't get Ashley in the replay gallery, or the last 3 of the image gallery. I should of got one image for making uh.. Lisa? (Sarah's roommate?) cum, correct? Though I don't know about the other 2.

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Thank you all for playing chapter 2. I wanted to write a quick summary of the day.

In the next week or so, I will release 0.2.1 which will have a "minigame-free" mode, toggle-able in the main menu. This will allow you to check a single box and not have to worry about minigames for the entire story (including future releases).
Note. This will not disable the lewd mini-games like the chelsea remote control or the lisa interaction. Lewd games will allways be presented where the player has accepted that route.

Free-roam. Some of you may not like to hear this, but its here to stay. There will likely be 1-2 free roam events per chapter, so I encourage any feedback you can give if you think there are ways it could work better.

Overall I am very grateful for every piece of feedback recieved...the good the bad and the ugly as it all helps to guide the nexts steps of the game.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and I look forward to seeing you all on the other side!
Glad you are open to sound advice (minigames), a rare quality in developers nowadays. You are going to be one of the good ones.
Cheers and all the best.

• Red Heart

apocalypsetoday

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
MiniGame Mod has been updated so that it now includes a SKIP button whilst playing the trojan minigame and you can also set a "disable minigames" option in preferences to avoid them all going forwards.
Also when starting a new game the player is informed of the disable minigames option in preferences.
This patch will be included automatically in future builds.

https://f95zone.to/threads/this-time-v0-20-apocalypsetoday.87477/post-7174154

Reactions: Kuokaman
4.10 star(s) 30 Votes