goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
So which southernisms don't southern people use?

"Hoss"?
"Y'all"?
"Reckon"?
"Sugar"?
"Mite"?

I do tend to overuse "hoss", but nobody's complained about Chelsea using "dude" like it's a comma.
hoss and sugar for sure, Y'all is fine the others sparingly are probably fine. in the dorm she has a line "But their the judgiest bunch you ever did meet" and then follows it up with "but i cant see a single one of them washing a leper's feet" just seems like some of the things she says i would expect in a story about setling the west not so much a person from a modern south. That said absolutly not claiming its easy to convey an accent through text without going overboard with it at times.

apocalypsetoday

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
My original Annie was criticised for not being Southern enough, I have a feeling unless you are southern writing a southern character you will probably upset southern folk :D

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
Neither of those were really meant as "southernisms".

The first one, "you ever did meet" is just a stock phrase that people use. Annie's using it self-consciously there to refer to her home while talking to a northerner, though that probably doesn't come across in text. The second example is a literal reference to something that happens in the Bible, not some kind of colorful metaphor.

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
I think maybe you've misunderstood.
If you kiss a girl, that is tracked and the game will know you have kissed her and will reference that if needed.
The points tracking is used when a girl needs to make a decision. Eg, do I want to engage with this person sexually. If the points gauge is in rhe green zone then the girl DOES want to interact in that manner. If the points gauge is too high or too low then she will choose not to.
Think of the end of a date in real life. If the date has gone well, maybe she will invite you in. If you were too 'full on' or didn't seem interested enough then she won't.
That bullshit is too much for a VN.
My ultimate decision about playing one is whether I am having fun and you have made it into a chore instead.
If you decide to fix this issue I will give you another try but for now I am deleting your game. Best of luck to you.

merlin7560

May 15, 2021
this story game is very familiar to me, from a 1980 film "the girl, the gold watch & everything" btw good movie if you had not seen it

BogoHobo

Dec 10, 2018
I remember that movie... It had the girl that played Mindy from the Mork & Mindy sitcom (Robin Williams first gig).

Is this game a rewrite/redo or something? I can rememeber playing this quite awhile ago and it seemed to me that it was farther into the story than where it ended for me playing today... I might be mistaken of course. Believe it or not it has happened before! :)

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
I remember that movie... It had the girl that played Mindy from the Mork & Mindy sitcom (Robin Williams first gig).

Is this game a rewrite/redo or something? I can rememeber playing this quite awhile ago and it seemed to me that it was farther into the story than where it ended for me playing today... I might be mistaken of course. Believe it or not it has happened before! :)
Game has been reworked, yes. Can't speak to how different it is in terms of amount of content, as I didn't play previous version.

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021

Yes and no.

The last version had a lengthy dinner scene with Sophia, but if you decided not to romance her the whole path was skipped and the chapter was very, very short, which led to angry comments. Then the dev hired me as writer, and we're reworking things so everything flows better.

I've never seen the film, but I didn't write the first draft either.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

apocalypsetoday

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
this story game is very familiar to me, from a 1980 film "the girl, the gold watch & everything" btw good movie if you had not seen it
Never heard of the movie, sorry :)
I can assure you it is not based upon that.
There was a children's show years ago called 'Bernard's watch' which I think may have seeded into my mind the idea of a stopwatch that can pause time but the base story is very much fresh from the depths of my mind.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

merlin7560

May 15, 2021
Never heard of the movie, sorry :)
I can assure you it is not based upon that.
There was a children's show years ago called 'Bernard's watch' which I think may have seeded into my mind the idea of a stopwatch that can pause time but the base story is very much fresh from the depths of my mind.
Ive never heard of that show, but it sounds like that show got there idea from that film, assuming the film is older than that show, cause the film has a golden pocket watch that stops time for about a minute or so

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
Ive never heard of that show, but it sounds like that show got there idea from that film, assuming the film is older than that show, cause the film has a golden pocket watch that stops time for about a minute or so
According to Wikipedia the show got the idea from the Twilight Zone, which I vaguely recall seeing once because the bit about a man who always stuffs his job's complaint box sounds real familiar.

Reactions: SpyderArachnid

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
That Mia thing is a bummer. Was hoping she was one of the main girls.

Will we be getting an Ashley route or is she just a side girl? I chose her over Sophia and rather not hit a dead end.

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
That Mia thing is a bummer. Was hoping she was one of the main girls.

Will we be getting an Ashley route or is she just a side girl? I chose her over Sophia and rather not hit a dead end.
No Ashley route. We discussed it and we decided to limit the routes to the main four: Annie, Sarah, Sophia, and Chelsea.

• Sad
Reactions: Crosaith.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Hmm, well...

Keep playing. :)
Yea. That's the plan. I'll still like and play the game. It just seems like a missed opportunity. Both of the characters I've mentioned personalities and looks stand out. The four main girls seem to be leaning more towards the justice path personality-wise. I think Ashley could have been a girl for the vengeance path. But yea... I can see why you guys want a small cast. More girls = less screen time for each of them.

4.10 star(s) 30 Votes