MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
Yea. That's the plan. I'll still like and play the game. It just seems like a missed opportunity. Both of the characters I've mentioned personalities and looks stand out. The four main girls seem to be leaning more towards the justice path personality-wise. I think Ashley could have been a girl for the vengeance path. But yea... I can see why you guys want a small cast. More girls = less screen time for each of them.
Annie=virtue
Chelsea=depravity
Sophia=justice
Sarah=vengeance

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Interesting approach but... I don't see it. Sophia is more virtue than Annie. Sarah is more Justice than Sophia.
It's hard to tell the difference, because justice is a virtue. If it's supposed to be something opposed to depravity, then maybe chastity could work, because it's something Annie is kind of struggling with, even though she isn't really chaste. Or maybe honesty would be a better fit.

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
It's hard to tell the difference, because justice is a virtue. If it's supposed to be something opposed to depravity, then maybe chastity could work, because it's something Annie is kind of struggling with, even though she isn't really chaste. Or maybe honesty would be a better fit.
Virtue vs. depravity refers to the sexual stuff.

Justice vs. vengeance refers to the detective plot stuff.

"Chastity", "honesty", and "virtue" are all synonyms for each other, albeit in an antiquated, Puritan sense. "Virtue" does refer to Annie's desire to put her brief experience as a prostitute behind her and live a "wholesome" (though not necessarily chaste) life, which parallels the protagonist's own struggle with whether to do depraved stuff with the stopwatch.

As to why Sophia represents justice and Sarah represents vengeance, I have the entire story outlined. I know exactly where it's going. So it'll become apparent once the detective plot develops furthers. But there are hints of that in chapter 3 (the one we're working on right now), like Sarah's petulant mommy issues.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
"Chastity", "honesty", and "virtue" are all synonyms for each other, albeit in an antiquated, Puritan sense.
They aren't synonyms, though. Justice and honesty (and maybe debatably chastity) are virtues, but they are not the only virtues. I think it's confusing to use an umbrella term to describe one character and use a specific term for another character, when the umbrella term already includes the specific.
"Virtue" does refer to Annie's desire to put her brief experience as a prostitute behind her and live a "wholesome" (though not necessarily chaste) life, which parallels the protagonist's own struggle with whether to do depraved stuff with the stopwatch.
I still think honesty would be a good fit. Like Annie learning to be honest with herself, instead of thinking she's lesbian, just because her parents said so. Or exploring her own sexuality instead of playing a character like she did as a prostitute. Or the protag being honest about his potentially depraved tendencies, which could lead him on a path where he's open about it and approaches people for their consent instead of using the watch.
I don't think describing Annie as wholesome is a good idea, when that would mean that "depraved" Chelsea can't be wholesome, only because she's more indulgent/sexual (unless she's a potential rapist like the protag?).

From what I can gather, these four characters/concepts are representing player choices? An idea to make this less convoluted could be to use simple adjectives. It'd be like telling the players "look at these characters as examples for how the protag can act depending on your choices":

Annie=honest/secure/devout(??)
Chelsea=kinky/(self-indulgent)
Sophia=righteous
Sarah=vain/judgemental (although this is weird, because Sarah is kinda justified for how she feels)

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
They aren't synonyms, though. Justice and honesty (and maybe debatably chastity) are virtues, but they are not the only virtues. I think it's confusing to use an umbrella term to describe one character and use a specific term for another character, when the umbrella term already includes the specific.
"Chastity", "honesty", and "virtue" are indeed all synonyms for each other. They are all antiquated (16th/17th century), but given that her backstory heavily involves Protestantism, it's appropriate. In this case, "virtue" has a double meaning of both "acting morally" and "being chaste", so it fits.

I don't think describing Annie as wholesome is a good idea, when that would mean that "depraved" Chelsea can't be wholesome, only because she's more indulgent/sexual (unless she's a potential rapist like the protag?).
Chelsea can in theory be wholesome, she just isn't because of her personality flaws. That doesn't mean she won't change, just that at this point in time she's a bad influence on the protagonist's moral compass.

As to whether she will change, ultimately ApocalypseToday is more hands-on with the relationship stuff. When it comes to the detective plot or actually writing scenes, I basically just do whatever I want, but when it comes to the branching relationships or stuff like Annie's lesbian path, we discuss it and then AT has the final say.

From what I can gather, these four characters/concepts are representing player choices?
Not quite.

It's more like their personalities are shaped so that they can have conversations discussing the moral choices the player is presented with. They don't need to actually embody their alignment 100% all of the time, just that it's something they are struggling with (and something I can use to generate dialogue when turning an outline into actual scenes).

The current alignments work fine for my purposes, and I don't plan on changing them.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
This Time [v2306] [ApocalypseToday]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- - -

Mac:

- - -

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
ThisTime-V2306
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
I'm gonna give this one a shot(the screenshots look good), but i have to say there's so many tags i can't understand what is the focus of the game, sometimes it's better to make these things clear.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I'm gonna give this one a shot(the screenshots look good), but i have to say there's so many tags i can't understand what is the focus of the game, sometimes it's better to make these things clear.
I don't understand your question. The OP obviously describes the focus of the game: the MC gains the ability to freeze time, but will he use that power for to help others or himself; will he learn about what's going on (the mystery) and be able to stop it? This has the harem tag, so the focus doesn't have to be on one specific woman of course. So are you asking if there's a specific fetish focus or something?

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
Game devs don't add tags. Tags are slapped on by mods if there's just one instance of a thing because people get annoyed they saw something they don't want to see, then other people who browse by tags get annoyed that the tagged thing isn't prominent.

Tags are basically just "trigger warnings". They're useless for anything else.

The focus of the game is that it's like The X-Files or Angel, but with more sex and nudity.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Game devs don't add tags. Tags are slapped on by mods if there's just one instance of a thing because people get annoyed they saw something they don't want to see, then other people who browse by tags get annoyed that the tagged thing isn't prominent.

Tags are basically just "trigger warnings". They're useless for anything else.

The focus of the game is that it's like The X-Files or Angel, but with more sex and nudity.
Ah thank you, that's much better.

4.10 star(s) 30 Votes