Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Did you have something specific in mind?
Not really, but a few possible options might be:
  • Upgraded epic enemies (elder titans, ancient treants, hoary ogres, etc), plus making minions and enemies more of an RPS thing overall. I'm planning to add 50% resistances to many enemies, for example.
  • A playtested version of changed lair weights.
  • Voicing all the girl and dragon lines, the latter with e.g. clips from Ravager.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
No, because a) I don't like Mega personally, and b) I'm not ready to update right now.

If someone else wants to do so, feel free.

Jul 29, 2018
Where do I find the "release minion" button? Those early game sellswords keep eating my treasury, and I need to start some tribes for the quest.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
And is there any more interaction with girls you recruit? Or do they just become a weak minion, and that's that?
Well, you can always release her for a quick nookie and then re-convert her to minionhood.

And weak is relative, at least early on even peasants can be quite good. I've seen many people go for Dragon Priestesses, including the new guide, which also promotes the use of girl minions.

Quick question, how do you gain magic if you started with a non-magical head?
Grow to small size and a new magical head (mutating your existing one is not possible so early on) or just go straight for medium size.

Reactions: dankcopter

Mateko

Nov 5, 2020
Is the rural Area the best option for feeding? These Cattle herd (Sheep, pigs, cows) events give alot of food, more than all of the similar Sea and Wood options. Or did i missed one until now?

Jul 29, 2018
Is the rural Area the best option for feeding? These Cattle herd (Sheep, pigs, cows) events give alot of food, more than all of the similar Sea and Wood options. Or did i missed one until now?
You can release Lizardkin minions (Kobolds might count, too), after a while they found a village. You can buy 200 food for a few silver there.

If you get strong enough, do not underestimate combat-food. Lategame I started feeding by just attacking the city and royal palace there.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Feeding the dragon goes something like this:
  • Raiding villages - the best way in general, since it gets you other stuff as well, including girls; can be difficult when the dragon is small and can lead to a poverty cycle during lategame.
  • Raiding herds - good if you need lots of food NOW. Not so good when you're hitting the satiety limit. Tends to get depopulated if you continue for too long.
  • Hunting in the forest - doesn't raise your infamy; foxes are perhaps the weakest enemy of all, so good for throwing fights without minions (to limit HP loss) when the dragon is still weak (but foxes aren't reliable without savescumming); you can also get an HP boost from boars.
  • Fishing - between the forest and countryside in infamy gains; tuna are free but can be quickly overfished, fishermen cost just 1 infamy, sharks give mana as well.
  • Lizardman village - the best food source in the game once you've built it up a little. The 'magic meat' gives some satiety as well, although these meats are a bit pricy.
  • Battles - big battles can give you lots of satiety, somewhat depending on difficulty level (20% of the total enemy HP pool on normal).
  • If you desperately need some extra food, or require just a little bit extra to offset the 'time has passed' loss, you can eat your captives, and without spending (much) time.
And kobolds don't count. Too small and goblin-like. Crocs are probably the minions lowest on the totem pole who can found the village.

Last edited:
Reactions: Animalsfan5698

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
Honestly? I don't know. There's about two-three weekends' worth of work to be done, but I've been busy with IRL stuff and modding Battle Brothers in what little spare time I have...
I happen to be a huge fan of that game. Can you by any chance share a link to your mods?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Can you by any chance share a link to your mods?
Unfortunately, no, because I made the mistake of trying to merge Legends with a bunch of other mods and then tweak it. Thus: a) I never got anything completed, because Legends is fuckhuge, and b) I can't really share a modified Legends without inviting backlash. :confused:

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
I don't understand what i'm doing wrong but i have been trying to download the game since this afternoon from the mediafire link in op, but it keeps getting failed again and again (i'm now on my 4th retry attempt), i've double-checked a few hours ago by downloading another game in workupload and mega, and they're both downloaded just fine.. is there possibly a setting in my pc that keeps canceling the mediafire download?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I don't understand what i'm doing wrong but i have been trying to download the game since this afternoon from the mediafire link in op, but it keeps getting failed again and again

is there possibly a setting in my pc that keeps canceling the mediafire download?
No idea. What you can do:
  • Update your browser.
  • Try different browsers.
  • Try a download manager.
  • Suspect your ISP is up to no good and use a VPN/Tor.
  • Use a cloud service like Bitport/Zbigz/Seeder/Offcloud, etc as a buffer.

daru

Oct 5, 2017
Been playing the game since last week, had a lot of fun. It's a pretty fun management game. The H isn't really anything extensive, I pretty much ignore it.

I do find myself agreeing that the blue head is kinda meh, I started with that but sea really doesn't have a lot of food, wish you could hunt bigger seafood, like whales and leviathans, would make it viable later. I mutated into rainbow and steel, using those as of now.

I didn't manage to find the oni and the beastmen should be in the darkwoods, but I'm exploring that place without any result as of now... I didn't find a good number of the races, like angels, frost giants, the fire people....idk where they are.

Made my lair on the alven palace, trying to destroy the dwarf halls, but they're really resistent to physical and just some of my units deal elemental damage. MVP my acid basilisk, pretty much all my units are physical based.

Other than that I tried to invade the capital and managed to make the king run, but then the archmage appears.....and he's absurdly strong, I'm doing no damage and he parries everything.
The angel in the chatedral is strong too.

I'm having issues managing unique characters. General ones I don't care, I put them in breeding pits and wait them to die while they work to make eggs.
Unique ones, I can't just let them die, and they can die when they deliver, so I have to move them from breeding to cage and it's hard to manage with long sleep cycles. Any tips? It's stressing me.

Infernal seals are going down pretty fast too....

Anyway, thanks for the mod, I'm having a lot of fun.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
The H isn't really anything extensive, I pretty much ignore it.
I invite you to show me something better that's still dragon-themed. Finding art that has dragons doing the deed (and no furry) is really hard, and finding some that depicts the same woman is excessively rare. This is a hobby thing, not a commercial or 'commercial' enterprise, so I've got limited options.

I do find myself agreeing that the blue head is kinda meh, I started with that but sea really doesn't have a lot of food
Tuna is pretty good for a small dragon, and mermaids are a significant upgrade over peasants. But you're right that the sea does not scale well into mid-game or later. I'm not sure it should, either. But the blue head does give you somewhat different starting options, because tuna is infamy-free and the fishermen nearly so.

I mutated into rainbow and steel, using those as of now.
Rainbow isn't all that good for combat, I'd say two heads of the same element would be better for straight-up damage. But I'm glad to see that someone likes steel heads. :)

I didn't manage to find the oni and the beastmen should be in the darkwoods, but I'm exploring that place without any result as of now...
Darkwood is very random, and resistant to save-scumming. But it also gives out stat boosts to HP and attack mastery you can't get anywhere else.

I didn't find a good number of the races, like angels, frost giants, the fire people....idk where they are.
Angels should be pretty common after the last hotfix (cloud castles, the cathedral, high-level patrols). Ice maidens are very rare, and firelings only a little less so (both are only found in giant lairs, and firelings in the Darkwood as well).

trying to destroy the dwarf halls, but they're really resistent to physical and just some of my units deal elemental damage. MVP my acid basilisk, pretty much all my units are physical based.
Drakes or dragonspawn, since you've got the elves under control?

Other than that I tried to invade the capital and managed to make the king run, but then the archmage appears.....and he's absurdly strong, I'm doing no damage and he parries everything.
The Archmage is probably the toughest enemy you face before endgame.

Unique ones, I can't just let them die, and they can die when they deliver, so I have to move them from breeding to cage and it's hard to manage with long sleep cycles. Any tips? It's stressing me.
Don't breed the more than once and/or make them into Dragon Priestesses. The lesser spawn aren't worth the trouble, and it's cool to go plundering with your 'waifu' team.

Infernal seals are going down pretty fast too....
INDUSTRIAL SACRIFICE! :p

Anyway, thanks for the mod, I'm having a lot of fun.
I'm glad to see people enjoying their inner dragon. ;)

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes