Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

daru

Oct 5, 2017
I invite you to show me something better that's still dragon-themed. Finding art that has dragons doing the deed (and no furry) is really hard, and finding some that depicts the same woman is excessively rare. This is a hobby thing, not a commercial or 'commercial' enterprise, so I've got limited options.
For sure. Mostly thinking that you could cut the 18+ and I'd still like it.
Only game with monsters I actuallty replay every so often is slave matrix.

Tuna is pretty good for a small dragon, and mermaids are a significant upgrade over peasants. But you're right that the sea does not scale well into mid-game or later. I'm not sure it should, either. But the blue head does give you somewhat different starting options, because tuna is infamy-free and the fishermen nearly so.
I mean, I expected some gigantic fights, big animals should feel at home in the sea.
It's ironic that the lizardmen make bigger fish in a pond, than the actual sea.
Don't breed the more than once and/or make them into Dragon Priestesses. The lesser spawn aren't worth the trouble, and it's cool to go plundering with your 'waifu' team.
Kinda sucks because they breed some high rank eggs. I think I need better quality slaves. Until now the bulk I got was from pilaging the town, but the quality sucks.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Mostly thinking that you could cut the 18+ and I'd still like it.
Oh, okay. That was the goal all along :cool:, but I did put in quite a bit of effort to find passable pictures and put them in the game.

I mean, I expected some gigantic fights, big animals should feel at home in the sea.
It's ironic that the lizardmen make bigger fish in a pond, than the actual sea.
True. I guess I can put that on the todo list. I'm not sure there are enough pictures of deep-sea dragons to make a good event, but you never know before you look.

Kinda sucks because they breed some high rank eggs.
Only once. The lower-quality spawns might also get a boost, but they're surely not on your A-team? And bench-warming minions don't matter all that much, they can just torture girls until they're maxed.

I think I need better quality slaves. Until now the bulk I got was from pilaging the town, but the quality sucks.
The 'Town' town, or the Capital? Mermaids make surprisingly good egg factories, actually. And if you're squatting on the Elven Tree, you can surely go and hunt down some elven maids?

Edit: For that matter, you can let your captives 'train' by torturing other captives, and then throw them back in the breeding pits. :devilish:

daru

Oct 5, 2017
Only once. The lower-quality spawns might also get a boost, but they're surely not on your A-team? And bench-warming minions don't matter all that much, they can just torture girls until they're maxed.
It just takes forever to train them, I punt them in the cage until 49, then torture them to raise loyalty, but the unique characters take forever, like 1 point each toture, sometimes not even that. not having a lot of hp, it's pretty slow too.
And some of them breed really good eggs...

The 'Town' town, or the Capital? Mermaids make surprisingly good egg factories, actually. And if you're squatting on the Elven Tree, you can surely go and hunt down some elven maids?
Edit: For that matter, you can let your captives 'train' by torturing other captives, and then throw them back in the breeding pits. :devilish:
Right now I'm raiding the capital, and then go in the market or rich quarters and generally I don't find women. Avoiding the cathedral as it's likely someone dies.
Then use the rest of the stamina to rob the town in the countryside to get some girls...but they're pretty low quality.

I'm not getting the alven slaves, because to access the alven enchanted forest I still need to use 5 magic and I can't redo it that many times unfortuantely. I got myself some rainbow heads just for that and breaking the drawen gates, but mana isn't infinite.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
the unique characters take forever, like 1 point each toture, sometimes not even that. not having a lot of hp, it's pretty slow too.
I take it you're not using the quickfix or Ambjorn187's minimod?

Right now I'm raiding the capital, and then go in the market or rich quarters and generally I don't find women.
You're probably raiding too often. If the Capital is not on alert, you should be guaranteed to find townswomen/nobles.

Avoiding the cathedral as it's likely someone dies.
Again, if the capital is not on alert, you can steal nuns with a bit of magic. Although maybe you're beyond nuns, IDK.

Then use the rest of the stamina to rob the town in the countryside to get some girls...but they're pretty low quality.
Country girls aren't top-tier, true. But the 'Town' town does have pretty good gals compared to random encounters with the same types.

I'm not getting the alven slaves, because to access the alven enchanted forest I still need to use 5 magic and I can't redo it that many times unfortuantely.
The mist-dispelling magic lingers for three days, so you can save some mana by chain-hunting. Also, sacrificing captives for sparks can up to double your mana reserves, and you can always 'top up' with sparks back at the lair.

daru

Oct 5, 2017
Thanks for the info, I'll get me some more alven girls.
I didn't use any small fix that wasn't in the homepage, I think I did 2b and 3.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I didn't use any small fix that wasn't in the homepage, I think I did 2b and 3.
You only need one of them. And do use either the quickfix or minimod, the 'death upon seeing draconic penis' mechanic was really not intended.

dankcopter

Jun 15, 2018
Is there any room in your lair?
Thank you. I didn't know homunculi start off as captives.

edit: By the way, what kind of egg do they spawn? I don't have the luxury to test it out since I need her for fending off the soon-to-arrive knight.

Last edited:

daru

Oct 5, 2017
Will I get kicked from the cloud palace if I evolve and lose the flight ability?
It was so damn hard to find...

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Will I get kicked from the cloud palace if I evolve and lose the flight ability?
Yes. The only time you're going to have serious problems because of this is when you evolve to maximum size and can't grow new wings beforehand. Replace the following function in PlayableCharacter.rpy to avoid this (basically change the last 9 to 8):
Code:
        @property
        def max_wings(self):
            if self.size <= 4:
                return 1
            elif self.size <= 6:
                return 2
            elif self.size <= 8:
                return 3
            else:
                return 4

Reactions: Animalsfan5698

camistrie

Mar 6, 2019
Is it possible to avoid the shame gain from getting milked by the witch?

Is there a way to learn magic without the witch?

Each time you donate (the 10 units) prior to learning, the counter ticks up 1.
When you go learn the magic (30 days) you unavoidable gain 15 counts of getting milked.

It would be extremely tedious to amass 10 lust without learning magic, and even then the absolute minimum would be 16.
I've been able to achieve 6 lust without magic, so that's 17 counts of milking... and +1 shame.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
How can I obtain the higher level lair buildings?

Is it based on lair quality? Or evolution/size?
Neither. A lot of buildings are gated through the quests Mom gives you.

Edit2: But you can find a better lair and 'inherit' some buildings.

But the hatcheries are sort of random and hard to come by. Your next hatchery is supposed to be the Frozen one, which is obtainable from Jötun lairs. Either find one and defeat the occupant, or move into an abandoned one (requires some poverty and the encounter-generating RNG being in your favour).

Or you can just try skipping straight into the Forest Hatchery by pillaging the Alven Tree.

Is it possible to avoid the shame gain from getting milked by the witch?

When you go learn the magic (30 days) you unavoidable gain 15 counts of getting milked.
In theory, yes, by getting milked for only the minimum of 10 times needed for the magic lessons. These don't count for shame purposes.

In practice, I forgot about the lessons themselves. :oops: So you have to bear it for the moment, unless you want to change the numbers yourself (search for 'shame_milked' in 'story_and_events.rpy' and 'heroes_and_parties.rpy', there are two blocks with lots of numbers from 200 down to 10; add about 15 to all of them).

Is there a way to learn magic without the witch?
No.

Edit: I've got to say you're the first player I've seen who cares about shame, or at least admits to caring about it. :D

Last edited:

Tykopulus

Mar 1, 2020
Due to the fact that i wont read 101 pages (please forgive me) i hope its ok if i ask some questions even they most likely are answere somewhere.

1. If you have more the 5 creatures and want to add some to your team how can you scroll trough them. I hope it is possible and i only miss something.

2. I play for at least 24h now and just took my home in the abondand Temple. Right now i had 4 thief and 2 knight visits. IS IT POSSIBLE to stop these guys in the ... early??! ... stage of the game. Even my dragon is large and i have 4 basilisk Minions i can do nothing against that knight and his 4 allis! I have 90 HP knight 225. I have 15-21 DMG Knight has 25-39 WTF. And these thiefs... i have 6(!) Traps. Tentacle, Explosion, Frost... he avoids all. +3 the 3 Guard posts. What sence are making traps and Guard posts if the get you literaly ZERO Security.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Due to the fact that i wont read 101 pages (please forgive me) i hope its ok if i ask some questions even they most likely are answere somewhere.
You can use the 'search thread' feature. Not guaranteed to get results, but a lot better than nothing.

If you have more the 5 creatures and want to add some to your team how can you scroll trough them. I hope it is possible and i only miss something.
If 'creatures' are minions, then there should be next/prev buttons in the bottom left corner of the squad assignment screen.

4 thief and 2 knight visits. IS IT POSSIBLE to stop these guys in the ... early??! ... stage of the game.
Read the new guide, if nothing else (link in the OP). In general, the key is to keep your scaly head down and throw fights/build up a treasure reserve until you can handle them.

Knights are a Really Bad Thing for weak dragons.

Even my dragon is large and i have 4 basilisk Minions i can do nothing against that knight and his 4 allis!
A large dragon is not at all knight-proof. These knights aren't kidding around (or perhaps they are, if they're still the 'young knight' enemy type). Knights and other adventurers are a real pain for a dragon in lots of media, if you've never noticed it before. :p

Knights can be weakened pre-battle with traps and lots of minions, but that's probably beyond your grasp if you don't even have a homunculus yet. Gremlins build traps for gold, if you're starved for time.

You can also troll the knights and thieves by constantly changing lairs. The 'Scared Into a Gypsy' shame counter isn't there for nothing. :D

I have 90 HP knight 225. I have 15-21 DMG Knight has 25-39 WTF.
Well, (s)he's better than you. And a maxed knight on normal difficulty can go up to 450HP/50-80DAM, while having better armor than your current nemesis. What you're facing is probably a weak, although near-fully equipped knight.

And these thiefs... i have 6(!) Traps. Tentacle, Explosion, Frost...
That's your mistake right there. Each trap type is penetrated separately, so spreading yourself thin is a bad idea. Tentacle traps are the special 'anti-thief' traps, and you need more of them. How much exactly depends on the thief, but even 6 tentacle traps will not make you proof against anything but the weakest thieves.

You'll need slightly above half the thief's level of tentacle traps (magical traps also count as 'discount tentacle traps' right now, but I'm thinking about eliminating that) to catch her, unless she has a weakness to them (and that's not currently a thing in the mod, I think).

What sence are making traps and Guard posts if the get you literaly ZERO Security.
Traps do the following: catch the thief mostly based on how many there are, what she's weak/strong to, and how high her level is; damage the knight's party depending on trap type (spikes against knights, ice spreads the damage around, fire does the best single-target damage in general, etc); and prevent your captives from escaping (the lair's 'defense' on the left is basically subtracted from escape chance rolls).

But a small investment in traps is not very powerful indeed.

Last edited:

Tykopulus

Mar 1, 2020
Thanks Jman9

hmmm... I (speaking for myself) whould enjoy this mod more if the knights get much slower stronger...

I kill "Champions" every view weeks at the Traderoad. These "Champions" have 60-90 HP and dmg i can handle. But "knights" have 250 HP and 25-39 dmg??? I wounder how the Champion became a champion if a normal knight is that kind of Monster :p

Do i get you right... its better to have e.g. 3 Tantacle Traps then 1 ice, 1 explosion, 1 spike, 1 this, 1 that... Better many Traps of the same type then one of multiple typs?

I also noticed that this mod dont max stamina after sleeping but round off!
If you have 1,1 stamina and max is 3 you will get 2,1 after 1 day sleep. If you sleep more it wont go up to max (here 3) but stays at 2,1 ........ does it has to be this way?

And yesterday I - not my dragon - went into frenzy when i conquerd my first ice palace! ... but can not go there because i have no cold resistance........ omg this game really likes it to annoy it´s players ^^

Also i went for fear and have multiple shadow and tentacle heads... but with 3 magic i can e.g. not build an altar etc. Why are there not much more possibilitys to get magic and resistances in the evolution => "Special" Tab :( I am a lage dragon now and and never see an option to get a special magic ability... but dozends of attack buffs like tails, horns etc. There could and should be much more in the Special Tab.

You cant play a dragon without at least 2 magic heads and 2 red or white heads for good (fire / ice) palaces.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
if the knights get much slower stronger...
In theory, the knights have about 10-20 'events' before they find your lair, less if your reputation is high and they already start with partial boost. But this is very much random, could be 5 or 50 as well.

Some of the 'events' are duds and count for little (if you sleep for a short time, or they roll for a party increase but the party is already full, etc). Knights have 20 equipment upgrades, 5 ability upgrades and 4 extra party members to fit into those events (although they can start with several of them as well). IDK, sleeping for a dozen times, so at least half a year if not a full year looks like enough time for a troublemaker to track you down.

If you want to, you can slow the knights down for your own copy. Find all the lines saying '$knight.intel(random.randint(1,10))' in 'knight.rpy' and either change the 10 to something lower (which still leaves you at the mercy of the RNG), or just replace the 'random.randint(1,10)' part with something like 3 or 4, perhaps (the average is 5.5 for the randoms). There's also the 'seek lair' event with 'random.randint(5,20)', so change that as well.

The thief code has similar lines.

But the 'proper' way is to have the knight robbed regularly, so he can't come at you with maxed equipment. I also have plans for an 'invite' feature, so you can fight the pest when (s)he's still weak.

I kill "Champions" every view weeks at the Traderoad. These "Champions" have 60-90 HP and dmg i can handle. But "knights" have 250 HP and 25-39 dmg??? I wounder how the Champion became a champion if a normal knight is that kind of Monster
There are actually two kinds of wandering knights, the 'champions' and the 'young knights'. The tourney winners are always the first, but if you run into a knight on the road, there's a chance of getting either, depending on your infamy.

The ones who go after your lair are exactly the same two (and I think what you're facing right now is the weaker 'young knight' version), but they get equipped with all sorts of fancy gear, companions and so on, just like any proper adventurer. They're no longer the common roaming type, they're special (basically PCs of their own). Otherwise they wouldn't be able to hunt the dragon. Without becoming dragon chow, that is. :D

You're also possibly lacking a homunculus, who is a great tank with her 200 HP and considerable resistances.

Better many Traps of the same type then one of multiple typs?
Against thieves, yes. Against knights, maybe not, because knights usually have companions with different vulnerabilities. And tentacle traps are the worst of the advanced traps damage-wise.

I also noticed that this mod dont max stamina after sleeping but round off!

does it has to be this way?
I'm aware. It's been fixed in the WIP version, but that's kinda stuck ATM. Technically, you do max your stamina, but there's a fractional stamina penalty that does not get zeroed out by sleeping.

And yesterday I - not my dragon - went into frenzy...

omg this game really likes it to annoy it´s players
Indeed. :p

but with 3 magic i can e.g. not build an altar etc.
You can. The Sparks of Creation allow you to supercharge yourself up to twice your mana maximum (and at least five, exactly to allow you to build altars). The Witch should have given you some as a quest reward, and once you have an altar, you can 'manufacture' your own.

Why are there not much more possibilitys to get magic and resistances in the evolution => "Special" Tab
Because you can already get over 100 mana on a maxed dragon with the right evolution choices. And because I want the dragon to have situational vulnerabilities and resistances, so you need to mutate the dragon for the harder fights.

I am a lage dragon now and and never see an option to get a special magic ability...
You already have all the 'magic abilities' like fire breath, shield, heal skill. The battle system and UI can't really support more without an extensive rework.

I'm actually worried about reports that endgame dragons are having it too easy with the evolutions as it is, and thus have no great desire to add more, since that would mean rebalancing a bunch of things on the technical level and will make the mod even easier. You can add your own evolutions if you wish, like Ignorable Idiot did. But don't expect the game to be any kind of a challenge afterwards.

but dozends of attack buffs like tails, horns etc.
Eh, there are two tail-related evolutions and two mutually exclusive horns, and both the stinger and the horns add special torture options.

There could and should be much more in the Special Tab.
There could. I'm not convinced there should.

Basically, I think the current system covers most parts of a dragon's anatomy you might want to improve, and most stat combinations as well. There aren't any '+20% ice resistance' scales or '+10% acid damage' poison sacs, but the whole system is meant to be somewhat dynamic, i.e. you change your anatomy via mutations to deal with resistances and elemental damage, change wings and paws to switch between battle and utility (including the magic-increasing paws).

I don't think adding a million minor body parts would make the mod better in any way, and neither do I think that duplicating the effects via magic is a good thing, because the mod is largely about resource management, and juggling your dragon's build is part of that.

You cant play a dragon without at least 2 magic heads and 2 red or white heads for good (fire / ice) palaces.
Well, yeah, if you're living in a volcano, you're at least partially a red dragon. :rolleyes:

Magic heads can be somewhat compensated for by using magic-enhancing paws, but - again - it's all about making meaningful choices instead of just stacking the dragon's statline with every enhancement under the sun.

What makes you think a medium+ dragon without any magic is not viable? Sparks exist, and your size gives you some baseline mana.

camistrie

Mar 6, 2019
Edit: I've got to say you're the first player I've seen who cares about shame, or at least admits to caring about it. :D
I care very much about not being a shamefur dispray

I have to say that the milking shame and shame from moving lairs (the "gypsy" shame) are both pretty silly XD

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes