Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well, a dragon being a witch's plaything isn't something to be proud of, now is it? :sneaky:

The gypsy isn't about merely moving lairs, it's about moving lairs to avoid knights/thieves, which is a valid but cowardly tactic. It might not be very well implemented as it is right now, though.

camistrie

Mar 6, 2019
Well, a dragon being a witch's plaything isn't something to be proud of, now is it? :sneaky:

The gypsy isn't about merely moving lairs, it's about moving lairs to avoid knights/thieves, which is a valid but cowardly tactic. It might not be very well implemented as it is right now, though.
That's what I meant. The implementation is silly. As it stands, as long as there's a knight spawned in the world, you'll get shame for moving lairs. Even when the knight is months away from finding it, or if the knight is zero threat to the player.

It would be nicer if instead of that you have a system where when the knight is 90% close to finding your lair, you get a prompt to move somewhere else if you don't want to fight the knight, and gaining you shame.

As for the milking thing yes, you're right, but you also didn't give the player a way to avoid "being a witch's plaything".

OK another question: from which quest or event do I get the milking and breeding pits?

Reactions: inkyhorn

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Even when the knight is months away from finding it...

It would be nicer if instead of that you have a system where when the knight is 90% close to finding your lair, you get a prompt to move somewhere else if you don't want to fight the knight, and gaining you shame.
'Months away' doesn't matter, it's still cowardly even if it's prudent.

A 'prompt' isn't an attractive idea, since it'd take a nontrivial amount of UI work to accomplish what's basically handholding, as the functionality to find out how close the knight is and to move lairs already exists, and it's the dragon's job to make sure nothing bad happens while he sleeps.

This won't resolve anything about moving lairs earlier, either, so it'd just be extra work for little gain.

As it stands, as long as there's a knight spawned in the world, you'll get shame for moving lairs.

...if the knight is zero threat to the player.
You're right that moving lairs while a weak knight is after you shouldn't matter. You can suggest a better condition. My WIP stand-in is that shame is accrued only if the potential intruder's level is higher than the dragon's, or the knight's party outpowers your current active party (via the party's cumulative 'power' stat), or both.

you also didn't give the player a way to avoid "being a witch's plaything".
I intended to. The whole pride system is largely untested as of now, especially since I haven't seen much player feedback about it.

from which quest or event do I get the milking and breeding pits?
Milking Farms: Desolation (after Fortified Lair and Scourge of the Plains).
Breeding Pits: Tribes! (the Lizardman village quest).

is there a walkthrough?
Not a detailed one. There is the new guide linked in the OP, Ignorable Idiot's old guide attached to the OP, and a number of tips scattered throughout this thread. If someone went and gathered up all my 'tips' posts, you'd probably get a pretty sizable guide, even of some if them might are outdated now.

Also, is there a list with all the console codes?
Not as such, but this question has been asked before.

For evolutions, 'dragon.evo_complete('name_of_evolution')' provides you with an instant evolution. Internal evolution names can be found in 'evolution.yaml'.

Otherwise, 'dragon.exp += big_number' and 'dragon.satiety = dragon.max_satiety' will give you some ability to boost yourself semi-legitimately. Playing on easy gives you an evolution discount. Something like the following should give you the ability to multiply evolution costs with a custom modifier:
Code:
evo_cost_multiplier = 0.5
for key in evolution:
    evolution[key]['cost'] = int(round((evo_cost_multiplier*evolution[key]['cost'])//5*5))
Note that you'll be multiplying the current cost, not the 'base' cost. So doing the above twice means you'll go down to 1/4 cost.

Reactions: inkyhorn

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Is it possible to make it so that you can mate with the girls who were taken to the squad?
Not with one or two clicks. But you can 'release' them, which puts them back among other captives, and then fuck them to your draconic heart's content. If you want them combat-capable again, make sure to use 'magic cum', because pregnant captives don't want to fight for some reason... ;)

caju

Oct 5, 2017
No, since none existed in the original games. I'm not averse to adding some, but I'm not sure what they'd do for the dragon.
:devilish: When all else fails, blowjobs... always the right answer... also 42
(Nothing to do with the game or other villages)

Ameise5000

Jan 11, 2020
I'd say the Murlocs could do the same as the Lizardmen, but with different meat for buffs. They could sell shark meat (2g) and whale meat (5g), to regenerate 1 and 2 mana, for a maximum of 3 mana per month for 7 gold.
Alternatively they could sell you Murlocs for something between 1 and 5 silver as an upgrade for goblin meatshields.

This would give another option to regenerate mana early game and increase the value of Blue Scales (heads for you Hydra people).
Especially if you add in the witch screwing you over if you get milked by her too much. This would increase player choice and options before you reach large size/big belly, as you need either large size or the belly upgrade to build shrines.

This could also be used further down with a village of even stronger minions that sells gryphon meat, to get the tier 3 buff food without having to search for a gryphon.

More villages could also be used to get the tier 2 buff food out of the Lizardpeople village to increase the difficulty a bit, as you can get the village before killing a bear or a boar is just a time consuming nuisance instead of a challenge.

EDIT: Found a possible bug. I have a Naga egg at power level 5 and I can't hatch it in the green hatchery which is <= 5 and should work according to my understanding. Is there perhaps a missing round function somewhere?

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'd say the Murlocs could do the same as the Lizardmen, but with different meat for buffs. They could sell shark meat (2g) and whale meat (5g), to regenerate 1 and 2 mana, for a maximum of 3 mana per month for 7 gold.
Not a bad idea, although Murlocs look a little weak to hunt all these sharks and whales. Or maybe you need to release a whole bunch of them, so they can get their group hunting on.

Alternatively they could sell you Murlocs for something between 1 and 5 silver as an upgrade for goblin meatshields.
Murlocs aren't really an upgrade besides being able to swim. And once you're releasing Murlocs, having trouble assembling a Murloc team should really not happen. You don't get to hire lizardmen, either, for the same reason (and because there are more lizardman types, some quite rare).

Especially if you add in the witch screwing you over if you get milked by her too much. This would increase player choice and options before you reach large size/big belly, as you need either large size or the belly upgrade to build shrines.
Well, my plan was to make the Witch an extra-hard endgame opponent, like she was in DW, if you get milked a lot. I'm not yet quite sure how exactly this might happen.

This could also be used further down with a village of even stronger minions that sells gryphon meat, to get the tier 3 buff food without having to search for a gryphon.
Gryphon meat is not all that much stronger than Cave Bear meat. And there are very few minions who can fly and are a 'villager' type. The better elven progeny and succubi, and neither is terribly good 'village' material. So, not sure.

More villages could also be used to get the tier 2 buff food out of the Lizardpeople village to increase the difficulty a bit, as you can get the village before killing a bear or a boar is just a time consuming nuisance instead of a challenge.
Well, you have to spend money and a little bit of time to buy the boosts, while a boar/bear/bull etc gives XP, lowers rage and does not cost money.

You also get very similar boosts from the Witch, just with different price tags and timeouts, which means there still won't be a challenge.

Ameise5000

Jan 11, 2020
Not a bad idea, although Murlocs look a little weak to hunt all these sharks and whales. Or maybe you need to release a whole bunch of them, so they can get their group hunting on.
Maybe have the village form after 5 released Murlocs and add whales after you give them an additional 10 Murlocs.

Murlocs aren't really an upgrade besides being able to swim. And once you're releasing Murlocs, having trouble assembling a Murloc team should really not happen. You don't get to hire lizardmen, either, for the same reason (and because there are more lizardman types, some quite rare).
My captives die frequently, especially those frail noble ladies who don't have more than 20 hp. Might actually have to get one to serve me and suck a few hp from some peasants so she can endure the tentacle pits.

Also if you didn't notice the edit:
Found a possible bug. I have a Naga egg at power level 5 and I can't hatch it in the green hatchery which is <= 5 and should work according to my understanding. Is there perhaps a missing round function somewhere?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Maybe have the village form after 5 released Murlocs and add whales after you give them an additional 10 Murlocs.
Yeah, I'll think about it. Maybe the lizardmen will also need more than just one of them to make a village.

My captives die frequently, especially those frail noble ladies who don't have more than 20 hp.
What are they dying to? Birth pangs, draconic dick, grubby minions?

Might actually have to get one to serve me and suck a few hp from some peasants so she can endure the tentacle pits.
Don't put them in the tentacle pits, then. Or only for when they come to term. Noble maidens are the frailest of the frail.

Also if you didn't notice the edit:
Ah, a sneaky editor like myself. :sneaky:

Found a possible bug. I have a Naga egg at power level 5 and I can't hatch it in the green hatchery which is <= 5
The 5 is minion default power. Egg quality is separate from that. The room description even says so, but maybe it's too brief to fully convey the information.

Basically, looks like a weak egg to me, and it isn't going to hatch any better than 'normal' eggs.

Ameise5000

Jan 11, 2020
What are they dying to? Birth pangs, draconic dick, grubby minions?
Birth pangs after just 1 or 2 eggs, meanwhile my Oni hasn't tried to die after 5.
After I figured out unruly minions can eat them I didn't have a problem with that. :cool:

The 5 is minion default power. Egg quality is separate from that. The room description even says so, but maybe it's too brief to fully convey the information.

Basically, looks like a weak egg to me, and it isn't going to hatch any better than 'normal' eggs.
So the blue number in the treasury is the egg level/power and the power rating in the draconic army screen is the egg quality, e.g. 8 for the Naga? And the nursery calculates with quality instead of power.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Birth pangs after just 1 or 2 eggs, meanwhile my Oni hasn't tried to die after 5.
Oni are near-immune, with a base 1% to die during egg-laying. Nobles have 50%. Princesses need pampering, what can I say. :)

So the blue number in the treasury is the egg level/power and the power rating in the draconic army screen is the egg quality, e.g. 8 for the Naga? And the nursery calculates with quality instead of power.
Yes, but the terminology is the other way around. The treasury number is egg quality, and the power rating in the bestiary/army screen is the 'base power' that hatcheries use.

Reactions: Ameise5000

Ameise5000

Jan 11, 2020
A couple questions about quests and the Demonic seal function:

Do you need every available room (green hatchery, frozen hatchery etc.) and trap or just a hatchery and a trap for the Legendary Lair quest?

Are peasant and burgher/princess considered different races for the The Collector quest?
And do they need to be present and in virgin condition at the same time?
Do special/unique characters count? I have the Dark alva (should be corrected to Dark Alva imo) from the brothel, do I need to keep her a virgin until I get every other race?
If they do not count I think they should get some kind of distinction on their character card to denote them as special character.

In the change_fear function (starting at line 169 in Kingdom.rpy) what does dragon.base_kingdom_seals call? Is that checking difficulty or is it something else?

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes