Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
that mod is asking for a password ... ok never mind i found it ... jeez i feel stpuid :LOL:

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Have a look and see if the statements covey the meaning you wanted;

By the way how do you code regen events in this version? Maybe I could try to put it into eli's.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Have a look and see if the statements covey the meaning you wanted
AFAICT, you've just replaced a few words here and there, so it's kinda hard to say.

I'm not a fan of all these replacements, like 'coolest' (slightly anachronicstic), 'Alvish' -> 'Elvish' (consistency), 'torment' -> 'difficulty' (no big semantic difference, but IMO 'difficulty' makes the text 'flow' less well), 'earnest' -> 'pious' (she's praying for her life/virtue, not because she wants to look religious :D ), 'rebellious' -> 'nearby' o_O, 'his horns' -> 'her horns' :eek:, etc. Some are good, though.

By the way how do you code regen events in this version? Maybe I could try to put it into eli's.
Regen as such is mostly unchanged. The whole thing can be found in the PlayableCharacter.sleep() function.

Changing TfD itself runs into the issue that Eliont would have to update it, and probably doesn't really want to any more. You can of course run a personal fork if you wish.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
i've been playing your mod version .. its alot tougher than the original ... still playable but harder

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Well take what you need. Am not sure what style of english you want. I was thinking more of how players want to read it.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
i've been playing your mod version .. its alot tougher than the original ... still playable but harder
A planned. :devilish:

Well take what you need. Am not sure what style of english you want. I was thinking more of how players want to read it.
Well, I'm not really after a specific style here, although the original 'Runglish' is actually somewhat charming. Stuff like "According to the documents, the Dwarven Halls have - in addition to the very heavily fortified main gates and cannon bastions - another, almost unguarded but disguised \'rear passage\' that leads directly to the Halls." or "Barring his way, as if materializing out of the leaves, a Druid appears, armed with a gnarled staff". Perfectly understandable, but rather distinct from anything an English-speaker might produce or recognise as 'good style'.

It's just that your changes were really tiny, so it's hard to glean any style information from them.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImperialD

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
The runglish is what makes the game so funny for me.

If its not much changes then I think the russ text can be removed? Or left as comments.

Some of the girls speak about Mists. I've played a few of huntsman's games, and he likes to set his games in a world surrounded by interdimensional fog that allows travels between worlds/dimensions - which is how slave girls end up being there. Maybe should change Mists to Fog?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
The runglish is what makes the game so funny for me.
I don't disagree. :D

If its not much changes then I think the russ text can be removed? Or left as comments.
Yeah, I've been slowly replacing the Russian texts with my English versions. If this text replacement ever stabilises and someone really wants to, I guess there would have to be a Russian translation, now. :)

Maybe should change Mists to Fog?
I don't mind the Mists being there: plenty of precedent for that, e.g. Ravenloft. AFAIK, only rarely do some girls mention these Mists, mostly when they justify how they came to know 'shadow cloning' and other similar stuff. I guess these can be considered easter eggs of sorts.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
After attacking the castle, after picking up all the loot;

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/_story/lair conquest/lair_conquest.rpy", line 483, in script
    $girl.core_power = random.randintdice(6,7)
  File "game/_story/lair conquest/lair_conquest.rpy", line 483, in <module>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'randintdice'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/_story/lair conquest/lair_conquest.rpy", line 483, in script
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/_story/lair conquest/lair_conquest.rpy", line 483, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Время для Драконов: Королевство Монстров 29-07-20
Thu Aug 20 09:57:26 2020
[/CODE]

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Any plans for more skills? Maybe different elements? Or an aoe attack?
Not really. The whole skill system is really held together by duct tape as it is, and if I ever get ambitious enough to do something like that, I'll first try my hand at the other missing spells from DW.

After attacking the castle, after picking up all the loot;

Addressed at the end here.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
After moving into the alv lair;

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - label.rpy", line 25, in script
    python:
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - label.rpy", line 28, in <module>
    result = ui.interact()
IOError: Couldn't find file 'music/lair/elven_lair.mp3'.

Full traceback:
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - label.rpy", line 25, in script
    python:
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - label.rpy", line 28, in <module>
    result = ui.interact()
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\display\core.py", line 3360, in interact_core
    renpy.audio.audio.periodic()
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 1019, in periodic
    six.reraise(exc[0], exc[1], exc[2])
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 997, in periodic_thread_main
    periodic_pass()
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 938, in periodic_pass
    c.periodic()
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 420, in periodic
    topf = load(self.file_prefix + filename + self.file_suffix)
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 72, in load
    rv = renpy.loader.load(fn)
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Thu Aug 20 10:55:53 2020

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Ignore the music error and got thrown into the middle of a sacrifice ritual;

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - label.rpy", line 464, in script
    $lair.sacrifice_spark()
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - label.rpy", line 464, in <module>
    $lair.sacrifice_spark()
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - classes.rpy", line 569, in sacrifice_spark
    sparks = self.selected_character.power*self.selected_character.energy
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'power'

Full traceback:
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - label.rpy", line 464, in script
    $lair.sacrifice_spark()
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - label.rpy", line 464, in <module>
    $lair.sacrifice_spark()
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - classes.rpy", line 569, in sacrifice_spark
    sparks = self.selected_character.power*self.selected_character.energy
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'power'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Thu Aug 20 11:05:04 2020

This causes a looping error, it will go back to the music error above.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Wrong folder location?

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/_story/lair conquest/dwarves_conquest.rpy", line 12, in script
    show bg dwarf_moria at eventpos with dissolve
IOError: Couldn't find file 'music/music/moria.ogg'.

Full traceback:
  File "game/_story/lair conquest/dwarves_conquest.rpy", line 12, in script
    show bg dwarf_moria at eventpos with dissolve
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\ast.py", line 1375, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\exports.py", line 1578, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\display\core.py", line 2240, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\display\core.py", line 3360, in interact_core
    renpy.audio.audio.periodic()
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 1019, in periodic
    six.reraise(exc[0], exc[1], exc[2])
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 997, in periodic_thread_main
    periodic_pass()
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 938, in periodic_pass
    c.periodic()
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 420, in periodic
    topf = load(self.file_prefix + filename + self.file_suffix)
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 72, in load
    rv = renpy.loader.load(fn)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Thu Aug 20 11:52:05 2020

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
This file is missing;

Code:

While loading <'Image' u'content/random_bg/hoard/530257.webp'>:
  File "game/_story/lair conquest/dwarves_conquest.rpy", line 93, in script call
    call dwarf_treasury from _call_dwarf_treasury
  File "game/_story/lair conquest/dwarves_conquest.rpy", line 147, in script
    show expression 'content/random_bg/hoard/530257.webp' as bg at eventpos with dissolve
IOError: Couldn't find file 'content/random_bg/hoard/530257.webp'.

Full traceback:
  File "game/_story/lair conquest/dwarves_conquest.rpy", line 93, in script call
    call dwarf_treasury from _call_dwarf_treasury
  File "game/_story/lair conquest/dwarves_conquest.rpy", line 147, in script
    show expression 'content/random_bg/hoard/530257.webp' as bg at eventpos with dissolve
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\ast.py", line 1375, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\exports.py", line 1578, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\display\core.py", line 2240, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\display\core.py", line 3174, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\display\core.py", line 2086, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 516, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 244, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 151, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\display\layout.py", line 336, in render
    surf = render(self.child, width, height, st, at)
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "F:\test\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Thu Aug 20 11:55:30 2020

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
After moving into the alv lair;

Replace
Code:
        music('lair/%s.mp3'%lair.id)
on line 3 of 'lair - label.rpy' with
Code:
        renpy.music.play(get_random_files('music/lair/%s'%lair.id))

Ignore the music error and got thrown into the middle of a sacrifice ritual;
Errors caused by ignoring an error are pretty useless for debugging.

Wrong folder location?

Inherited from TfD. Fix here.

This file is missing;

I'm aware of it. Just rename/copy something so you have that file.

Placeholder text?
More like missing text. Use the attached file and either start a new game or console
Code:
pn = PhraseNew()
p = Phrase()

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
I like the mod, its a little faster play since fear reduces the seals.

All types of girls can die in childbirth? Any difference to girls bought from the witch?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I like the mod, its a little faster play since fear reduces the seals.
How so? Once the seals tick down, beating back the demons should be at least somewhat challenging, if you haven't done any reinforcing of the seals. A day 600 or so dragon shouldn't really be able to beat the Demon Prince, since the latter has very specific vulnerabilities and pretty much ignores your resistances.

Maybe there are shortcuts, I don't really know (yet).

All types of girls can die in childbirth? Any difference to girls bought from the witch?
No and yes, the homunculi are one of two types of girl who cannot die from childbirth. The intended solution for the others is to either use the breeding pits or milking farms, which provide guaranteed safe egg-laying. Or just get new girls. In the WIP version, you only get the full benefits from a 'deflowering' pregnancy, so they'll lose some utility after that.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 8 Votes