Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Same deal as with everything else: disable the notifications and don't do it when girls are about to give birth. Eliminating this requires replacing every single one of these 'spend stamina' parts in the game files and putting in an extra hook for spending stamina in another way, so it's really not something that can be fixed quickly and easily.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
One of 2, the other must be demon or angel or the kemono? What is kemono?

I cant seem to use the transform potion, or need an altar or something else?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
One of 2, the other must be demon or angel or the kemono?
Yes. :D Another girl type is almost immune.

What is kemono?
Catgirl. Technically, it's a more general term, but in-game, it basically means catgirls.

I cant seem to use the transform potion, or need an altar or something else?
I haven't changed anything about those and apparently, you can only use these potions on injured girls and minions. o_O Not that there's any benefit when you use them on minions. :) Will be fixed.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Have you encounter this cloning bug?

1597979529870.png

Get extra clones from summon events, and maybe extra eggs? They will all have the same pregnancy.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
No, how did you do that?

I assume this is a purely UI glitch of some kind. I've had multiple copies of the dragon show up in a squad and other such things, but this is new.

Edit:
Get extra clones from summon events
Wait, what summon events? Are you summoning extra girls somehow? o_O

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Only occurs with summon event. Seems to clone the last girl picked up from other events. Does not create extra eggs....

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
yup.

But if all the clones are pregnant and set free, they will count as 3 separate events. I had 2 executed and 1 birth.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Regarding the 'extra' girls, try moving line 20 of summon.rpy
Code:
        if sacrifice_level > 5: sacrifice_level = random.randint(4, 5)
before
Code:
        if sacrifice_level == 1:
Maybe also make the block end with
Code:
        elif sacrifice_level == 5:
            girl = Girl(origin = 'heaven')
        else:
            girl = Girl(origin = select(['peasant','citizen','holy']))
If the cultist sacrifices still persist in multiplying after that, give me a save where it happens.

How much sleep needed to regen event? sky is empty... hungry.... ;)
As explained starting from here, event regen doesn't currently work. Will be fixed. You'll still always get the 'nothing', 'summon' and 'guards' events, though, if the relevant stats are above zero.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Code:
label summon:
    hide bg
    nvl clear
    show expression random_place_bg("sacrifice") as bg
    python:
        music('summon.mp3')
        sacrifice_level = random.randint(0, min(kingdom.fear,dragon.reputation_level) )
        if sacrifice_level == 1:
            girl = Girl(origin = 'peasant')           
        elif sacrifice_level == 2:
            girl = Girl(origin = select(['citizen','holy']))
        elif sacrifice_level == 3:
            girl = Girl(origin = 'princess')
        elif sacrifice_level == 4:
            girl = Girl(origin = 'alv')
            else:

if sacrifice_level <= 1:
            enemy_party = ['dark_novice']
            enemy_list = ['dark_novice']
            dtxt = pn('summon','tier1')
Correctly changed?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
It is, but that fix isn't released yet.

Correctly changed?
No, should be like this:
Code:
label summon:
    hide bg
    nvl clear
    show expression random_place_bg("sacrifice") as bg
    python:
        music('summon.mp3')
        sacrifice_level = random.randint(0, min(kingdom.fear,dragon.reputation_level) )

if sacrifice_level == 1:
            girl = Girl(origin = 'peasant')          
        elif sacrifice_level == 2:
            girl = Girl(origin = select(['citizen','holy']))
        elif sacrifice_level == 3:
            girl = Girl(origin = 'princess')
        elif sacrifice_level == 4:
            girl = Girl(origin = 'alv')
        else:

if sacrifice_level <= 1:
            enemy_party = ['dark_novice']
            enemy_list = ['dark_novice']
            dtxt = pn('summon','tier1')
Indents matter in Python.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Fix works great.

I was just thinking, is it not possible to use darkwood style events for all the event locations? darkwood just rolls event based on chance from what I can see.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I was just thinking, is it not possible to use darkwood style events for all the event locations?
Of course it's possible, but what would the benefit be? The 'hunt' events use a considerably more sophisticated system that I quite like.

Aug 18, 2020
Is there a way to set the Infernal seals to a value like 2000 or something ike that by editing the save file? I kinda dislike the feature of immortal enemies blocking places, and I am quite inept at figuring out code. Also, I recognize that you can hold off the invasion by saccing but the main way to get disposable v is by town tribute, and half the time it is devastated, and weven when you do get one it sacrifices for 4 to 6, and since you need at least 5 per turn to net a stabilization of seals, that just aint doing it for me. Also, would setting the value above 666 break the game? And would removing the invasion lock out content that I have not discovered? I am currently at -112 seals and the dude appeared and locked out dragonia, the sea, the smugglers isle, the wild tribes, etc. Trying to fight the projections is useless, it says the dragon and team deal upwards of 30 damage a turn, and shows full damage taken in the damage received spot, but after the combat turn ends, it states the projection has, like, 5 less health. So I do it again and again and again, and they keep damaging the team and their health value(s) always only drop by 2 to 3, despite the damage received being supposedly much more than their displayed 66 health. Is that normal? I tried modding my save by using Notepad++ and searching up infernal, seals, seal, etc but it brought up no results. Seems the code is in russian. Sorry for the spiel/rant btw.

Also, some errors I have noticed: the debug menu is only partially translated. The power roll during engagement for hands makes an error that can be safely? ignored but the hands will not be tied. Something about a power roll? The goblins show up on the list of minions to be sent to the lizardmen, but cannot be sent. The action of clicking ignore with the skills folder incomplete auto wins the encounter, a tiny dragon can take a princess. The mini map for the dungeon is missing, or at least I have not found it despite all the text in the layer building section saying that that it exists. The traps are unupgradable, or at least the button is missing, even with more than appropriate satiety and mana. The end turn upkeep screen sometimes bugs out for the captives, showing a price of 10 or more times the actual value, though the stored gold only decreases by the correct amount.

Finally, I have a suggestion: Have an underwater cave with, like, 5 building slots and make the underwater grotto be guarded by a kraken or aat least a few mermen. I found it after starting as a blue dragon, and the knight and thief straight up have never arrived, for obvious reasons, and again I a at -112 seals so I have been playing for at least a few in game years.

Thanks for uploading this mod for free, way and also thank you in advance for reading and answers

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Is there a way to set the Infernal seals to a value like 2000 or something ike that by editing the save file?
Several. Console
Code:
kingdom.demon_seal = 10000
kingdom.demon_seal_max = 10000
or edit Kingdom.rpy and set these values to whatever you like yourself.

I kinda dislike the feature of immortal enemies blocking places
The projections themselves aren't too bad. What is bad is that by that point, you're mostly committed to winning or losing the demon invasion route.

Also, I recognize that you can hold off the invasion by saccing but the main way to get disposable v is by town tribute,
There are lots of other sources. The most reliable is attacking the Capital itself. If you can bypass the walls, the market is an almost free source of city girls. I'll change the 'almost free' so there'll be at least a little challenge.

A moderately tough dragon can rob noble girls from the rich quarter and princesses from the palace. Beating these battles is considerably easier than handling demons, and in the WIP version, you'll get 7-8 seals per noble maiden.

You can also steal nuns from the city if you have the magic.

and half the time it is devastated, and weven when you do get one it sacrifices for 4 to 6
Don't devastate the countryside until you're ready to face the consequences, then.

The idea is that you should not terrify the populace badly enough that they turn to demon sacrifice if you are not ready yet. Let poverty recover while it's still relatively low (since it takes longer to do so when it's high), perform occasional sacrifices to keep the timer up, and have a storage of disposable girls for an emergency. And don't let the cultists get away with their shit.

This is basically the challenge of the game. Removing it kills a lot of the difficulty.

Also, would setting the value above 666 break the game?
Setting it above 666 works fine right now. I'll make it so it can't go above max seals.

And would removing the invasion lock out content that I have not discovered?
Not really.

I am currently at -112 seals and the dude appeared and locked out dragonia, the sea, the smugglers isle, the wild tribes, etc.
Don't let the gates spiral out of control. The more there are, the more projections each individual gate has.

Trying to fight the projections is useless, it says the dragon and team deal upwards of 30 damage a turn, and shows full damage taken in the damage received spot, but after the combat turn ends, it states the projection has, like, 5 less health.
Can't reproduce. Probably a display bug I fixed a while ago, the 'damage received' info is incorrect. These projections are all but immune to physical damage (and poison+sound, so Black and Steel dragons might have trouble :p).

I tried modding my save by using Notepad++ and searching up infernal, seals, seal, etc but it brought up no results. Seems the code is in russian.
Changing saves is much more reliably accomplished via the console. And the code is in Python (or its Ren'Py derivative), which is English. Ren'Py saves are in a compressed format, I think, but there are save editors around for them.

Also, some errors I have noticed: the debug menu is only partially translated.
You're not supposed to be playing with debug mode enabled. Duh.

The power roll during engagement for hands makes an error that can be safely? ignored but the hands will not be tied.
I think I found it. Does it say something about 'if if ...' somewhere?

The goblins show up on the list of minions to be sent to the lizardmen, but cannot be sent.
All sorts of things show up there (bandit guards, other monsters, girl minions), but only lizardman variants can be sent. It's a lizardman village, after all. Just like girl minions and bandits show up in the 'send to Army' screen, but cannot be actually sent, since they're really not a good fit with the other monsters. I'll remove the extras from these screens.

The action of clicking ignore with the skills folder incomplete auto wins the encounter, a tiny dragon can take a princess.
Known bug, addressed multiple times. Download the extras in the OP. Although not all princesses are very tough. :D

The mini map for the dungeon is missing, or at least I have not found it despite all the text in the layer building section saying that that it exists.
That seems to have been a feature that was on Eliont's todo list, but never went anywhere. I'm not really seeing a lot of benefit there, either, since it'll mean lots of extra UI work for little if any change in gameplay.

The traps are unupgradable, or at least the button is missing, even with more than appropriate satiety and mana.
Do you actually have access to advanced traps (you need to have started the 'Protected Lair' quest)? Otherwise, the 'Mutation' button toggles between upgrades, XP spending display and the traps list.

The end turn upkeep screen sometimes bugs out for the captives, showing a price of 10 or more times the actual value, though the stored gold only decreases by the correct amount.
Can't reproduce. Do you have a save where this happens consistently?

Finally, I have a suggestion: Have an underwater cave with, like, 5 building slots and make the underwater grotto be guarded by a kraken or aat least a few mermen.
The grotto might be a little too good, but I don't really want to have three underwater lairs. The Impregnable Peak is quite similar. I can cut down the rooms from 12 to 6 (the same as a cave) to encourage moving, would that work?

I found it after starting as a blue dragon, and the knight and thief straight up have never arrived, for obvious reasons, and again I a at -112 seals so I have been playing for at least a few in game years.
Both of them should be upgrading themselves until they can swim. It's a bit random, but with enough time, the Knight is guaranteed water walking or a kelpie and the thief either diving or an amulet. The latter might be cursed, but still... They can even start with these.

Can you show me what your Knight and Thief look like? And how long have these particular characters been around?

Last edited:

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Starting with a blue head also seems to be not recognized by the game - cannot fight triton. I had to grow another blue head to get the event fired.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Starting with a blue head also seems to be not recognized by the game - cannot fight triton. I had to grow another blue head to get the event fired.
Can't reproduce. Can you move to the grotto from the beginning? What does 'dragon.can_swim' say in the console?

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes