Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
The lewdpatcher thingy that's right
Oh nevermind I found a way to make it work, thanks regardless!
May I ask what you mean exactly with "I found a way to make it work"? :)

/A

cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
Been a few years since I last caught up on this game. The last time I played, you had to make a choice? Either break up with your GF, or not go after Julia, which I remember at the time wishing that was different, because who isn't going to break up with the GF then?

But that was changed, and she's fine sharing the MC, good move by the developers.

The story is actually pretty interesting. It kinda feels like the time travel logic draws more from Bill & Ted, then from anything else.

HrostFall

May 11, 2021
I'm sorry but this story suffers from the same thing that all time travel stories suffer from. Which is when the person writing the story knows absolutely nothing about time travel except the most basic understading of going back in time. The rules seem to keep changing and that might make a compelling story for some, for others (like myself) it just makes it extremely frustrating and inconsistent. Honestly doesn't even feel like time travel in this story but more like a fucking multiverse collapsing in on itself.

Last edited:

cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
I'm sorry but this story suffers from the same thing that all time travel stories suffer from. Which is when the person writing the story knows absolutely nothing about time travel except the most basic understading of going back in time. The rules seem to keep changing and that might make a compelling story for some, for others (like myself) it just makes it extremely frustrating and inconsistent. Honestly doesn't even feel like time travel in this story but more like a fucking multiverse collapsing on itself.
All time travel is bull shit, so just don't get to hung up over it.

There is only form of time travel that can kinda make sense. Where when you do travel backwards, you aren't really going backwards, as much as your traveling to an alternate reality. And nothing you really do there will effect the timeline where you came from. And you can somehow travel back to your original timeline with no changes to it. But that timeline you traveled to, can be effected, which is why it becomes an alternate reality.

But still, even that is pretty bull shit. All time travel is bull shit, just except that and don't think about it to much, when it's happening in a story.

HrostFall

May 11, 2021
All time travel is bull shit, so just don't get to hung up over it.

There is only form of time travel that can kinda make sense. Where when you do travel backwards, you aren't really going backwards, as much as your traveling to an alternate reality. And nothing you really do there will effect the timeline where you came from. And you can somehow travel back to your original timeline with no changes to it. But that timeline you traveled to, can be effected, which is why it becomes an alternate reality.

But still, even that is pretty bull shit. All time travel is bull shit, just except that and don't think about it to much, when it's happening in a story.
My problem with this story in particular is that it has been established that going back in time DOES effect the main timeline such as when Bacon placed the bat for the MC to save his mother and also when milfy Nika gets captured the main timeline changes as well. Like I said the writer for this seems to be completely making up the rules as they go which makes the story extremely frustrating to keep track of.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Like I said the writer for this seems to be completely making up the rules as they go which makes the story extremely frustrating to keep track of.
Of course we are making up the rules of time travel and change it in a way how we like it. It is fiction after all and if we want we can add a little blue box that looks smaller from the outside than from the inside too.

As the guy you quoted already said: Time travel is bullshit. If you travel back in time you would end in empty space because our solar system moves too.

Last edited:

HrostFall

May 11, 2021
Of course we are making up the rules of time travel and change it in a way how we like it. It is fiction after all and if we want we can add a little blue box that looks smaller from the outside than from the inside too.

As the guy you quoted already said: Time travel is bullshit. If you travel back in time you would end in empty space because our solar system moves too.
In no way does the story being fiction justify creating a world with bogus rules that are constantly changing depending on how someone is feeling about time travel that day. It's bad storytelling. Creating a world with clear cut rules is paramount for time travel stories which is why any of the successful movies based on the concept at least attempt to let the audience know what the rules are which this game fails to do at the most basic level

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
In no way does the story being fiction justify creating a world with bogus rules that are constantly changing depending on how someone is feeling about time travel that day. It's bad storytelling. Creating a world with clear cut rules is paramount for time travel stories which is why any of the successful movies based on the concept at least attempt to let the audience know what the rules are which this game fails to do at the most basic level
Hi so there are a few things you need to keep in mind here, most time travel shown in fantasy are maybe losely based on some scientific concepts but mostly just pure fiction and basically what has become pop culture. If multiple movies or books have the same concept of time travel it still does not make any de facto rules in any way. It just means that the writer liked it that way or it has some other meaning to them. It's same with zombies, we can call them zombies but they might work differently in different fictional universes, or have different origins or traits, doesnt mean they aren't zombies. If you see a zombie in a movie and then 1 hour later they reveal that the origins of it was from inhaling an ancient defrosted organism from the tundra, or if it was man made and ecaped from a lab, or a rabid rat, are you gonna sit there and shout at the TV and say that this is not really zombies because you based "how it should be" from another fictional story?

I know very well how I see the time travel aspect to work in the timestamps world and it's limitations, and the reality is that the player has not been fully exposed to the whole timestamps universe that lays behind the game, the foundation for the game.

We know what we have to work with and what we choose to present to players.

When Cold says that we make up the rules and change it, it doesnt mean we are changing the rules as we go, we have our own concepts that we run with through the whole story but as a reader you are only progressively exposed to elements of it as we reveal them.

"Creating a world with clear cut rules is paramount". We have, it's not like we're gonna provide you with documentation with everything possible, noone does that. The whole world as we know it is filled with mystery, we don't know everything there is to know, somethings are weird, somethings dont seem to add up. We're not even done with the story yet. In what movies are you generally presented the exact rules of time travel? Almost all shows reveal more and more with time, it's just story progression.

What is it that doesnt add up in our game, that contradicts itself in our story, from our story?

/A

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Time travel stories are basically all the same:
"There is a time-travel-paradox that needs to be solved. How do we solve it?
With another time-travel paradox!!!!"
It is predictability guaranteed, just not the flavour it arrives in.
That doesn't mean there can't be a good told story in there, just that that becomes very hard to make a cohesive, plot hole-free story and most story tellers just outright fail because of plot holes left unfilled and unexplained.

I expect this game to end up with the MC fucking himself out of existence because it is a predictable way to solve any paradoxes that get thrown up in the story and side-step most plot holes that get left. I won't say that that's a cop out, but it is boringly predictable. Luckily, I am just here to see biological holes getting filled and don't care about potential plot holes and paradoxes.

• Haha
Reactions: p22

ryankenn

Aug 14, 2018
Is there no easy way to extract the Animations from Vngine? A member showed how to just get all the static CG but where are the anims? Easy or hard? Great game!

Reactions: VOYEUR

zocx

May 2, 2017
Can someone share a save file with the last version? Location "AppData\Local\VNGINE\Timestamps Lost Love\Saves"

p22

Jun 21, 2017
You know you've created something cool when people will argue over time travel really works as a result.
Also, when part 2 was released originally, there was a whole discussion to guess the actual time period in the past.
Which is tricky since it does have some anachronisms and a mixing of 80's and 90's tech and estetics.

4.60 star(s) 120 Votes