frelon71

Nov 29, 2018
French translation R8-P1
Traduction française pour l'épisode 8.
Mettre le fichier dans le dossier Languages sans le décompresser.
Mise à jour revue et corrigée 12/06/2022 (french date).

Et désolé je n'ai vu ça que récemment aprés avoir traduite le R8. Je reprendrais sans doute l'ensemble pour revenir à l'intention l'originale de l'auteur qui en plus me convient mieux :
Bonsoir, est ce que tu vas reprendre la trad de timestamps? merci

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Things I like about this game:

-skynyrdesque home roam track (Pining Away)

-"look behind you a three headed monkey" - MI1

-overall very sentimental story and likable characters

-crisp interface

things I dont like about this game:

-dev liberally shilling steam distribution in main game thread - like surely there must be some rule or policy against exessive use of this for commercial purposes, at what point does it become spam?

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
-dev liberally shilling steam distribution in main game thread - like surely there must be some rule or policy against exessive use of this for commercial purposes, at what point does it become spam?
Give me a break, this is a piracy forum and the game is here without our concent. There is no free version of the game to begin with yet you are talking about marketing shills. If you would have been around for a while you would have seen probably that our team has been here helping people since the start. Me, Motkeyz, ColdArctus and others, That's for 5 years now! I have a lot of understanding for some types of piracy due to financial difficulties, heck even I have pirated in my days as a student and then when i started working I made sure to pay for my games too, but entitled pirates that just likes free stuff... We tolerate this to some degree thanks to those that actually support us in various ways. Asking for example for some people to take a look at our steam link and and if they like our game which many obviously do, help us immensly by wishlisting it on steam, which is a free action that supports us greatly in the eyes of steam for launch promotions... It's like liking a video on youtube, doesnt cost you a dime but it helps the creator, and it helps a lot.

We're not telling people to buy the game, they would if they wanted to, we're spreading awareness about the steam launch this friday and we're just asking for a few seconds of time from our fans if they are able to, to at least for free help us with wishlisting before the launch because it could really help us on launch day this friday. It's nothing more than a genuine youtuber creator asking for a like after a video if the viewer liked it.

/A

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Give me a break, this is a piracy forum and the game is here without our concent. There is no free version of the game to begin with yet you are talking about marketing shills. If you would have been around for a while you would have seen probably that our team has been here helping people since the start. Me, Motkeyz, ColdArctus and others, That's for 5 years now! I have a lot of understanding for some types of piracy due to financial difficulties, heck even I have pirated in my days as a student and then when i started working I made sure to pay for my games too, but entitled pirates that just likes free stuff... We tolerate this to some degree thanks to those that actually support us in various ways. Asking for example for some people to take a look at our steam link and and if they like our game which many obviously do, help us immensly by wishlisting it on steam, which is a free action that supports us greatly in the eyes of steam for launch promotions... It's like liking a video on youtube, doesnt cost you a dime but it helps the creator, and it helps a lot.

We're not telling people to buy the game, they would if they wanted to, we're spreading awareness about the steam launch this friday and we're just asking for a few seconds of time from our fans if they are able to, to at least for free help us with wishlisting before the launch because it could really help us on launch day this friday. It's nothing more than a genuine youtuber creator asking for a like after a video if the viewer liked it.

/A
"If you enjoyed, please like, comment and subscribe"

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
We are focusing on the Special edition of chapter 1 on Steam in 10 days
More details soon.
I've not played a lot of this yet (as I don't think), would saves, and the like carry over. Also, would we still be able to use that "family" patch? From what I've played, I've been gobsmacked.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
"If you enjoyed, please like, comment and subscribe"
It's an annoying meme but it checks out :p To be fair that has been a meme for a long time now, typical clickbait videos or dragged out crap tutorials that "wants to take some time to remind you to please like share, comment and subscribe" before the video even starts. But this is not that. A lot of people here care about what we do, they obviously come back because they also love the work we do. I'm not exactly shy with the like button on youtube on shit that i enjoy. Why would I be. Dont need to comment, dont need to subscribe. This is about our game after all in a thread about our game. And we are bringing tons of awesome improvements that we know many will like so why not communicate that :)

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
It's an annoying meme but it checks out :p To be fair that has been a meme for a long time now, typical clickbait videos or dragged out crap tutorials that "wants to take some time to remind you to please like share, comment and subscribe" before the video even starts. But this is not that. A lot of people here care about what we do, they obviously come back because they also love the work we do. I'm not exactly shy with the like button on youtube on shit that i enjoy. Why would I be. Dont need to comment, dont need to subscribe. This is about our game after all in a thread about our game. And we are bringing tons of awesome improvements that we know many will like so why not communicate that :)
For sure. I'm the type that hates being told. If I like it I'll do it. I don't need a reminder, I'm not a potato. Anyway, I agreed with everything you said above. Might as well take advantage of this forum for what you can. I'm pretty sure I already wish listed the game after you all announced it on discord. Happy to help out. It's a good game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Motkeyz and Aesouh

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
For sure. I'm the type that hates being told. If I like it I'll do it. I don't need a reminder, I'm not a potato. Anyway, I agreed with everything you said above. Might as well take advantage of this forum for what you can. I'm pretty sure I already wish listed the game after you all announced it on discord. Happy to help out. It's a good game.
I really appreciate it, thank you. Indeed, we wouldnt do it really if it wasnt so important for actually affecting the steam launch. It is really the truth that a decent amount of wishlists will put it on the store promotion and you can only imagine what positive outcome that would be for future projects. Thats basically one of the few metrics steam has to go on with a game that hasn't been released yet, after that it's more down to reviews, sales, and all that other engagement. But again this is just about helping out our launch, so thanks a lot again.

Dante696969

Donor
Sep 10, 2017

/A
This is not a piracy forum its actually a dating forum.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022

/A
Free version? Marketing shills? I meant shilling as a verb, as in advertising for a paid service, perhaps there's a translation issue here.

Of course it's a piracy forum full of entitled people who like free stuff! That's exactly my point! Sometimes it sounds less like that and more like a commercial enterprise for the dev.

Look I get the dev side of things can be frustrating, with people ripping off your hard work and not paying - perhaps I should apologize and say - to me the tone of your steam messages came across as more of a referral, and after your clarification I'm sorry I took it the wrong way. A possible suggestion for the next time you post something like that - modify it to something more like: "We'd love your support on patreon, but for those of you who aren't ready or can't yet afford it, considering showing your support by wishlisting our game on Steam!" <link here>.

I do enjoy your game very much, after I complete it I'll be sure to leave a review and I'll consider supporting if new updates keep coming out.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
A possible suggestion for the next time you post something like that - modify it to something more like: "We'd love your support on patreon, but for those of you who aren't ready or can't yet afford it, considering showing your support by wishlisting our game on Steam!" <link here>.

I do enjoy your game very much, after I complete it I'll be sure to leave a review and I'll consider supporting if new updates keep coming out.
To be fair we've pretty much almost verbatim said those things previously before the steam came out, even such a thing as liking or reviewing the game and such things are helpful. You might not have followed us for years but we have had big issues with losing our presence here when chapter 2 came out and they split our threads, having to climb up all the ranking again, they have said now for 3 years that "soon(tm)" with the forum update, that hasnt happened. People still dont even know after these years that there is a chapter 2 even though it says in the game, in the thread posts, in OP etc etc. But yeah

Again, asking for support on patreon is one thing, patreon costs money, asking to buy our game, that costs money, asking to help us with wishlist, that's completely free. I hope you also see a difference in this. In the post motkeyz did with our steam link was again, about wishlists not gogo buy our game. Wishlisting is not a comittment to buy by any means, just means that people are interested and then steam knows people are interested in what we do, and think its a bigger chance that others might be that has never heard of us, and bam they will show our banners on the front page of the categories. You can imagine what that can do for exposure and the future. :) Win-win situation, cause we can continue what we do and improve and expand and do even cooler things for future projects.

Thanks for your kind words, glad you enjoy the game.

In regards for "I'll consider supporting if new updates keep coming out." I appreciate this, and i don't know for how long you are following us. I have heard this though for some if you check the early pages also on chapter 1 and sometimes in the thread here too that people mention low support patron numbers. But people have been saying the same thing that they are burnt from devs that give up and abandon (i dont know if thats still the case now with a lot of devs but it sure was back then), but we've been here for 5 years and delivered and pushed through and sunk so much into this. And we have been sharing our player statistics and whatnot previously, such as 120k unique players in chapter 1 just in a 90 day time span and yet at that time, with several years of accumulated gametime in just the span of two three days of release by our players, we had still below 1000 patrons at that time... even 600 patrons or less with the same amount of players before chapter 1 was finished, yet people came back update after update to play. So i hope you understand from our point of view :)

/A

4.60 star(s) 120 Votes