test4815

May 27, 2019
Can you pursue all the women and still end up as king? I turned down a few along the way because I didn't think it would work out in the end, but then the Goddess started talking about how she's been sending all these women to me.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Can you pursue all the women and still end up as king? I turned down a few along the way because I didn't think it would work out in the end, but then the Goddess started talking about how she's been sending all these women to me.
Pretty much, yeah. This is a full harem.

Reactions: test4815

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
yes but when it comes to mother and daughter (not queen and her daughters) making "wrong" choice aka choosing daughter blocks mommy but on mommy path daughter will later join.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Kaylan-GM 3-94 4K-LUT.jpg

Ugh. And also, yay! has been incredible, and my huge thanks once again to all who purchased the game there or promoted it. I'm working on a few improvements for that build, especially around better Steam Deck support. Not sure when those will arrive, but I'll be sure to announce it over there when that build gets completed, tested, and uploaded to Steam.

I'm also working on some serious code revisions that will go all the way back to the very first scene. Fear not, as I am spending extra time to ensure full save compatibility (and there isn't any new content with the code changes or anything). Now, for the bad news of why I've been working on code. Fall cold season is here, folks. And it hit me. Code can be done easily from my laptop. I have a render laptop too, but frying my nuts while sick didn't seem like a good idea. The past couple of days have been better, but the temperature swings (outdoors, not in my body, thank god) have not been conducive to healing. Nothing serious or anything, and I've been making sure to get plenty of rest. Scratch that. I have been making an effort to get enough sleep. My body has had other ideas, as it often does with sleep.

Also, Chapter 10's story can…I was going to say die in a fire. But it has not been a bad one. Just one where I keep getting new ideas or changing my mind on how some things play out. Chapter 7 will forever be the chapter from hell in terms of writing, and Chapter 10 is nowhere close to that. It is only frustrating in the sense that I thought it was done weeks ago, and every time I go through it, something gets adjusted. For the better, I think, and you can't rush this creative work. However, this is not fun for me as I love my schedules and tight development timelines. I'll have to console myself with some tight asses instead.

Chapter 10 is one of those chapters I fear as a developer. Not as much as things like Chapter 7, but Chapter 10 is not the easy production chapter that the last two were. This next chapter has an ever-expanding to do list instead of a shrinking one. It is the one where you are making progress, but it does not seem like it since your to do list is not diminishing. It happens, and that is what makes development such a roller coaster. One day you're ahead of schedule on a release. Two months later you just nod your head in sympathy when yet another AAA game gets delayed.

Despite all this, the march to Chapter 10's release continues. Not at my usual breakneck pace, but it continues. Code work is very boring, so nothing fun to share apart from announcing there is now a very nice timeline of future upgrades for To Be A King mapped out. Yes, upgrades. So, so many upgrades. When this is your first game, there are so many things to fix, workaround, and improve. New stuff is what you all want, but I also want to spend a bit of time here and there fixing things where I can. Some of it is really overdue, while others are things that you will be glad I upgraded. 2023 is going to be very exciting for To Be A King, but more on that later.

Have a great weekend, everyone, I'll be back before the end of the month with another update. I've got a long vacation at the end of this month, so I am working as hard as possible to get Chapter 10 ready and polished.

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
The variable for the scene is "goddess_path", so I would check you save.

I played with the mod. The only bugs I encountered was that is does not go the Ch9 content, but I posted a brief fix a couple pages back (hopefully it works for everyone) and there were a couple bad "size" definitions in the menu choices (this may be what is causing you to skip the Astrid scene if you click ignore the error). I got the goddess scene and did not skip any Astrid scene (if you mean the BJ), so I am not sure what would cause that.
Hey, was curious if you managed to find out more about that skipped the chapter 9 Goddess Anna scene? I also wondered if I needed to skip Astrid or something as nothing else makes sense regarding why I can see her on the scene gallery but not how to unlock it :cry:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Hey, was curious if you managed to find out more about that skipped the chapter 9 Goddess Anna scene? I also wondered if I needed to skip Astrid or something as nothing else makes sense regarding why I can see her on the scene gallery but not how to unlock it :cry:
no need to skip anything.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Anyone knows how to auto forward this game? I do not see the button for it anywhere -_-
AFAIK there isn't one. As you've indicated, I don't see any button for it, and I've tried pretty much every key on my keyboard and nothing does auto-forwarding. But someone much more familiar with Ren'Py and/or that feature might have found (or already know) something I did not.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Is pregnancy going to be a part of the game now after so many in game weeks?
What is the outcome of letting flora learn swordsmanship vs not letting her learn?
well i think some princesses will have big belly eventually. besides having personal swordmaiden nothing so far and mc gets points with her if let's her to do it.

Anyone knows how to auto forward this game? I do not see the button for it anywhere -_-
while it's possible in renpy not many use it and since it isn't coded there isn't autoforward.

Reactions: Guz007

The Dark Moonshine

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2020
yes but when it comes to mother and daughter (not queen and her daughters) making "wrong" choice aka choosing daughter blocks mommy but on mommy path daughter will later join.
Thanks, interesting! I had no idea of these "limitations".

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Are you talking about Diana and Dinah? If so, choosing Diana (the mom) will turn the dinah_reject variable to true, so it does not seem like you can get both, unless the dev said something about 1 or the other joining later.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Are you talking about Diana and Dinah? If so, choosing Diana (the mom) will turn the dinah_reject variable to true, so it does not seem like you can get both, unless the dev said something about 1 or the other joining later.
It continues to say in the relationships, however, that Dinah will be available to join the harem later . . . so either that's a mistake (totally possible) or dinah_reject isn't a finalized thing. Hard to tell, although my guess would be that the relationships screen has a bug.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
It continues to say in the relationships, however, that Dinah will be available to join the harem later . . . so either that's a mistake (totally possible) or dinah_reject isn't a finalized thing. Hard to tell, although my guess would be that the relationships screen has a bug.
The typical reject variable is dinah_rejection and not _reject (with other characters, it is always char_rejection and not char_reject). I just assume that is a bug with the naming, hence why it would appear in the scroll as available later since the scroll uses the _rejection variables. I would be wrong about that like you said, but it think it is more likely that it is a bug with the naming.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The typical reject variable is dinah_rejection and not _reject (with other characters, it is always char_rejection and not char_reject). I just assume that is a bug with the naming, hence why it would appear in the scroll as available later since the scroll uses the _rejection variables. I would be wrong about that like you said, but it think it is more likely that it is a bug with the naming.
Yeah, you're probably right. I haven't looked at the code myself, but that would also explain why Dinah still shows as a possibility under relationships if you pick Diana.

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes