z4cko

Jul 13, 2019
The game provides a fully unlocked gallery after you finish the game once, so here's my complete 'pure' true ending save file. I enjoyed it enough to do a save for the other 3 endings though, I can throw it up if anyone wants the story bits too.

Honestly though it's not hard to just rush through the game for just the story thanks to the option to go easy mode and oneshot everything.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Okay, did the stupid thing and manually edited in the v1.2 changes into a v1.0-based TL from the OP with Thant San's (https://f95zone.to/threads/tower-of-aldia-v1-001-oops.68528/page-4#post-4726703) and Silentce's (https://f95zone.to/threads/tower-of-aldia-v1-001-oops.68528/page-2#post-4709337) fixes already in place.
Through the effing .json files... xD

Yes, don't try this at home, kids. Will make you mad, like *this* guy. See? He is already referring to himself in a weird way. Yepp... He is defo nuts. He means I, of course... OR DO WE?! :oops:

Anyhoo, seeing how the game starts up and new game starts without hiccups, and things seem fine, I'd give it a good... 80% that the insane-and-definitely-not-worth-it-this-way version-upping was a success. Backups to the (Silentce + Thant San patched OP version; so that's what you will need to apply my files on!!) files this needs changing, will be in the .zip, though; should things get effed up...
The battle fuck recollection is probably (well, almost definitely) Maps0173.json, a new v1.2 exclusive file, which I haven't changed, so there you will have untranslated monster names when choosing or whatever. Also, the sensitivities *should* be rising through battle ero events now as well. Haven't checked yet, though (just strolled around the city after the start to see if a new game crashes or not lol).

There was one potential problem I came upon in the TLed CommonEvents.json when copy-pasting, where a referred VoiceLoop (out of the hundreds in the script) file name was somehow actually translated from Japanese by accident - whether that would throw an error, a bug, or just not play the sound is beyond me - don't have the editor to check... :D
Also. Fuck CommonEvents! (I needed to say that...)

No idea if the floor 5 door bug that was mentioned here quite a few times is still around (and/or a bug at all), but if somehow the TL introduced it, it will probably still be. If it was v1.0 game-specific, there's a chance it might have been fixed (again, if it's a bug at all, and not just players not paying enough attention). Or if it was that voice loop reference thingie (which I sincereley doubt, but who knows?), it may have been fixed as well.

Anyway. Here you go.

----
EDIT: so just to reiterate (as now I see I hadn't been entirely spot-on in explaining): you have to apply my patch upon the game from the OP also patched with Thant San's UI+misc. patch from this post, people.

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Okay, did the stupid thing and manually edited in the v1.2 changes into a v1.0-based TL from the OP with That San's (https://f95zone.to/threads/tower-of-aldia-v1-001-oops.68528/page-4#post-4726703) and Silentce's (https://f95zone.to/threads/tower-of-aldia-v1-001-oops.68528/page-2#post-4709337) fixes already in place.
Through the effing .json files... xD

Yes, don't try this at home, kids. Will make you mad, like *this* guy. See? He is already referring to himself in a weird way. Yepp... He is defo nuts. He means I, of course... OR DO WE?! :oops:

Anyhoo, seeing how the game starts up and new game starts without hiccups, and things seem fine, I'd give it a good... 80% that the insane-and-definitely-not-worth-it-this-way version-upping was a success. Backups to the (Silentce + Thant San patched OP version; so that's what you will need to apply my files on!!) files this needs changing, will be in the .zip, though; should things get effed up...
The battle fuck recollection is probably (well, almost definitely) Maps0173.json, a new v1.2 exclusive file, which I haven't changed, so there you will have untranslated monster names when choosing or whatever. Also, the sensitivities *should* be rising through battle ero events now as well. Haven't checked yet, though (just strolled around the city after the start to see if a new game crashes or not lol).

There was one potential problem I came upon in the TLed CommonEvents.json when copy-pasting, where a referred VoiceLoop (out of the hundreds in the script) file name was somehow actually translated from Japanese by accident - whether that would throw an error, a bug, or just not play the sound is beyond me - don't have the editor to check... :D
Also. Fuck CommonEvents! (I needed to say that...)

No idea if the floor 5 door bug that was mentioned here quite a few times is still around (and/or a bug at all), but if somehow the TL introduced it, it will probably still be. If it was v1.0 game-specific, there's a chance it might have been fixed (again, if it's a bug at all, and not just players not paying enough attention). Or if it was that voice loop reference thingie (which I sincereley doubt, but who knows?), it may have been fixed as well.

Anyway. Here you go.
Good job on your translation. I'm happy to see my UI changes go to use. I played through you translation and noticed some missed UI elements in the shops. Not sure I got them all but here is the plugin with the translated script. Feel free to add it to your version. If you come across bugs that being reported let me know and Ill take a look.

to use the files go to www/js/plugins and replace my file with the one you have.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Good job on your translation. I'm happy to see my UI changes go to use. I played through you translation and noticed some missed UI elements in the shops. Not sure I got them all but here is the plugin with the translated script. Feel free to add it to your version. If you come across bugs that being reported let me know and Ill take a look.

to use the files go to www/js/plugins and replace my file with the one you have.
Nice of you to say, thank you.
So, regarding that plugin file you attached: that is exactly the same file as the one in the TLed game already. In fact, there weren't any changes done to it with your UI patch or Thant San's patch incorporating yours. I think you may have inadvertently attached the old version or perhaps forgot to save after working with the file, or maybe plugins.js (with the parameters for this plugin) needs some loving too...
-------
EDIT: Okay, managed to find the problem (or rather, the difference you might be experiencing), though haven't tested yet.
It's probably the latter, as in Thant San's patch (here) (which I applied before the shenanigans) having a different plugins.js, wherein some of the EquipAndShopStatusR plugin's parameters are also TLed (versus the one from the TL version in the OP).
So essentially, if you get that patch and apply my files on them, you will be all right. I'm guessing you applied my files on a vanilla-OP TL version?
You should compare your plugins.js with the one in Thant San's patch. Also, double-check your above uploaded plugin file, since it seems to be the exact same as it is the one from the OP.

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I haven't paid attention to this thread in months, so it is very likely that the menu was translated by someone else. If you're telling me it was then might of been an issue with my version or something. Don't know what to tell ya. I applied your patch to my game copy that I have when I worked on it in the past and it wasn't translated, so I went in and completed it. If my version was outdated then that would explain it. Like I said, If it was already translated great! then no action needed. It only took me like minutes so no big loss of time on my part. Just wanted to help, if it was already taken care of Good deal (y)

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
I haven't paid attention to this thread in months, so it is very likely that the menu was translated by someone else. If you're telling me it was then might of been an issue with my version or something. Don't know what to tell ya. I applied your patch to my game copy that I have when I worked on it in the past and it wasn't translated, so I went in and completed it. If my version was outdated then that would explain it. Like I said, If it was already translated great! then no action needed. It only took me like minutes so no big loss of time on my part. Just wanted to help, if it was already taken care of Good deal (y)
Yeah, all's well that ends well.
I guess you were missing the 'Item Type' / 'Damage Type' / 'Price' / 'Area Scope' / 'Normal Item/Consumable' / 'Yes/No' blabla from the shop UIs, but those are in the plugins.js and not the EquipAndShopStatusR.js in the /plugins dir; that is, as far as I can see from the files.
And yeah, my patch doesn't have that Thant-San's-patch-changed plugins.js (which now I realize would have been better to also include in there; though I did say that it needs that one preapplied too to work, I guess), that's why you might have not got those UI elements. Though if you now corrected that on your side after testing, it's the plugins.js you've made changes to and not the file you uploaded, methinks.
At any rate, thanks for taking a look into it! I guess I can now say it's 98% probable to be working, instead of ~80... :D
----
EDIT: so just to reiterate (as now I see I hadn't been entirely spot-on in explaining): you have to apply my patch (from this post) upon the game from the OP also patched with Thant San's UI+misc. patch from this post, people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silentce

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
LOL.
So glad I made that effing version-up.
I'm telling you, that CommonEvents.json literally almost drove us crazy; and that's coming from someone trustworthy and not just one of the voices in my heads. So say they all.

Alas, fear not the lavender, for it is unsurprising to legit demonstrate an unmovable stream to step over with the dancing bear on your side humping the steam engine from within the rabbit hole that grew from inspiration to the dark one.

...yeah, I'm alright. :)

• Haha
Reactions: NeoGenesis

Choop

Apr 3, 2021
For anyone who was stuck on the 5th floor with the red and blue orbs, you have to press "z" to insert them. If not z then go through the keyboard until it pops them in the stands. (I just did it but was pressing randomly in that area)

Reactions: candy27

lorprent

Dec 4, 2018
am I just dumb or does the switch on floor 2 do nothing...
EDIT: nvm i am dumb, the water changed

flynn0426

Nov 17, 2019
There are so many patches in this thread that it gives me whiplash. Does v1.2 have content that 1.001 doesn't have? Should I apply every one of these patches in this thread for translation? How do I get the v1.2 content for 1.001 if it does indeed have new content? It's kind of confusing when there are like 4 different patches for the translation in one thread and you don't know whose to overwrite with what.

LordNero

Apr 18, 2020
For those wondering, there are 5 endings (at least I not tested 1st branch pure.. don't think there is anything there):

1st Branch: Do not get the flowers for the sister
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2nd Branch: Give all 4 flowers to the sister

For the 2nd Branch, you can use items from the slums shop to change your levels before the final door

Last edited:

The_Knut

Jul 16, 2021
Sorry for the ignorant question but what's the definitive way to play it? I've seen many attached files between the comment pages, each telling to swap the game files, aside from the OP. Do I only need the game + the fix in the first page or there's something else?

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Sorry for the ignorant question but what's the definitive way to play it? I've seen many attached files between the comment pages, each telling to swap the game files, aside from the OP. Do I only need the game + the fix in the first page or there's something else?
It's kind of a blur -was so long ago- but these instructions should be the one to follow:
----
EDIT: so just to reiterate (as now I see I hadn't been entirely spot-on in explaining): you have to apply my patch (from this post) upon the game from the OP also patched with Thant San's UI+misc. patch from this post, people.
That said, the OP has been updated like a month ago, I have no idea if some of the stuff has been applied to the uploads or it was just a reupload bc of dead links or some other change. But, if you grab one from the op, apply "Thant San's UI+misc. patch from this post" first, and then apply mine from this post... Both times you will have to overwrite things - and that's how you will know you did good; and will have what you're looking for.

Also, as mentioned before -and made me suffer a meltdown-, might be worth taking into consideration that Kagura Games announced they will "whenever", release an official English translated version. And yeah, that would entail latest version and being uncensored, too. Caveat being...it could be next week, or 6 months from now. It's already been more than half a year ago when they announced, though... So. You pick.

3.90 star(s) 11 Votes