RPGM None [Translation Request] Vitamin Quest 2

Shynasha

Mar 19, 2019
I'll try to do that but... I don't promise anything, I'll see if I can get it down and upload it.

Shynasha

Mar 19, 2019
Got it...
Totally forgot about this.. So, basically the new version of the MTool (late Jan /Feb) won't allow you to load the old translation files and the new ones are locked with paywalls so here's the "trick" use the old MTool, luckily still have a backup of it (it just don't have all the updates before the new version, I think U16 was the latest), you can get it ^^

EDIT: Updated the tool to MTool_A10U15 (around 1 month of updates from previous release), still waiting for U16.
EDIT2: Updated the tool to MTool_A10U16 (around 3 months of updates from previous release), probably is the last update before the new version, I would anyway try the U17 if I can find it.

How to play:
1) Recover the old tool I've linked before, get the game from here and download the TrsData.json from the OP
2) Extract the game folder, extract the TrsData.json in the game folder and lastly extract the tool folder
3) Open the tool (DON'T UPDATE IT!), drag and drop the .exe of the game (you will need jap locale to run the game, you can use direct on the exe once you created the files for the tool the first time, just remember that the tool need to stay open)
4) Enjoy the game in MT english (not everything is translated but quite enough)!

If somebody still have the last update before the U17 pls share it!

View attachment 1725368
Mind giving me an RPG Maker unpacker tool ? I tried multiple, and everytime they either don't work, or don't extract RGSS3A file... Or is there any other way to apply your partial ?

Jaja1234

Aug 30, 2017
View attachment 1664366
Vitamin Quest 2 v1.834 JAP

As usual to play in eng you can make easily yourself a translated mtl version of the game with translator++ or using this tool ( this last one unfortunately premium only since is too heavy, but you may want read this ;)).
Partial eng thx to yoghurtandcream and mayaktheunholy

DOWNLOAD

----------------------------------------------
PARTIAL ENG
Which files should I mark on translator++ so the game doesn't break? I tried to translate everything and got a error message when tried to play it after all stuff. I know I can use the other translate tool, but I am trying to find out each one is better.

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
Mind giving me an RPG Maker unpacker tool ? I tried multiple, and everytime they either don't work, or don't extract RGSS3A file... Or is there any other way to apply your partial ?
You can use like umlf page said, I've anyway already replaced all pics we have and some text so you can get the already completed release from here.

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
Which files should I mark on translator++ so the game doesn't break? I tried to translate everything and got a error message when tried to play it after all stuff. I know I can use the other translate tool, but I am trying to find out each one is better.
putting everything with mtl is a bad idea, you will translate also part of codes, take your time check what you are doing.

Shynasha

Mar 19, 2019
You can use like umlf page said, I've anyway already replaced all pics we have and some text so you can get the already completed release from here.
Well I did mention those we're not working, so yeah... But I used your file and it's working fine, did crash at some point but it's not new on those type of game and it's just coming from my PC. So thanks anyways.

stubloup

Sep 19, 2017
In defense of MTool, the newer versions use a more compressed TrsData, which loads faster and is less laggy for the game.
Really just wish it had backwards compatibility.
Also wish I kept backups of the tool instead of just updating it.
We wish for a lot of things when stuff just ain't perfect huh?

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
In defense of MTool, the newer versions use a more compressed TrsData, which loads faster and is less laggy for the game.
Really just wish it had backwards compatibility.
Also wish I kept backups of the tool instead of just updating it.
We wish for a lot of things when stuff just ain't perfect huh?
I'm pretty sure U16 is actually the last so you can get it from my post, like I've wrote I would like to test the U17 clean since might be a chance that didn't came with the new translation system but only after couple of updates, tho is only speculation, what we would need are the updates of the U16 that I think nobody kept.

reigen_

Jan 30, 2021
anyone got the 1.8 mega link? I tried the others that are split into parts but keeps saying file corrupted..

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
anyone got the 1.8 mega link? I tried the others that are split into parts but keeps saying file corrupted..
If you mean the v1.834 I'm who provided it, the links works fine (just tried to re-download it), use winrar to extract and keep the files you downloaded in the same folder, if you used some downloader tool be careful that didn't changed the names, if you are unable to do it you can always download the version with already applied the partial eng (or you just simply don't know that usually japanese game need jap locale... if is this the case you didn't read the instruction that I've left).

Reactions: reigen_

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Most of the time it's because you translate everything including those in the scripts, not all of them (in the scripts) are needed to be translated since most of them are either file names or variables made for the coding of the game making the game crash at start since the program recognizes a coding error on startup.

Else most issues is changes in phrases during translation

e.g.
Where "I'm okay." gets translated to "I'm okay".

Also mistranslation of functions like \>\C into \> \C,

And/or if manually translating, copying sentences like "I'm okay." gets copied as "I'm okay. or "I'm okay.'

In short, changes of a single space or other special characters and their positions could mess up the whole program.

Last edited:
Reactions: CD428
Jan 26, 2022
Got it...
Totally forgot about this.. So, basically the new version of the MTool (late Jan /Feb) won't allow you to load the old translation files and the new ones are locked with paywalls so here's the "trick" use the old MTool, luckily still have a backup of it (it just don't have all the updates before the new version, I think U16 was the latest), you can get it ^^

EDIT: Updated the tool to MTool_A10U15 (around 1 month of updates from previous release), still waiting for U16.
EDIT2: Updated the tool to MTool_A10U16 (around 3 months of updates from previous release), probably is the last update before the new version, I would anyway try the U17 if I can find it.

How to play:
1) Recover the old tool I've linked before, get the game from here and download the TrsData.json from the OP
2) Extract the game folder, extract the TrsData.json in the game folder and lastly extract the tool folder
3) Open the tool (DON'T UPDATE IT!), drag and drop the .exe of the game (you will need jap locale to run the game, you can use direct on the exe once you created the files for the tool the first time, just remember that the tool need to stay open)
4) Enjoy the game in MT english (not everything is translated but quite enough)!

If somebody still have the last update before the U17 pls share it!

View attachment 1725368
You kind soul...
thank you so much.

They will speak your name in the Halls of Valhalla.