Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Nov 2, 2021
I wanted to translate a game with the tool but when I upload the game it hangs. : (
Download several versions of the translator, I recommend unpacking the first time the game with older versions. Then open this project with a newer version and translate, the new ones have some strange problems with the initial unpacking.
This is only my recommendation, not necessarily to execute.

Reactions: Ruffy2010

Ruffy2010

Jul 9, 2017
Download several versions of the translator, I recommend unpacking the first time the game with older versions. Then open this project with a newer version and translate, the new ones have some strange problems with the initial unpacking.
This is only my recommendation, not necessarily to execute.
Thank you, that worked!

bidex

Jun 7, 2022
Hello

Is it possible to set the program to translate by deepl or other translator does not make an extra space.

It translated the text as in the original.

this is a spreadsheet translation
text files are in .xml

Is my setting for changing the characters in the translation well, because sometimes the wrong translator does not see these characters

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Time Killer1981

aran1265

Mar 16, 2019
Hey everyone, hoping someone can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'm trying to translate Exorcism Shrine Maiden, but a specific line refuses to update, even with the translation added. If I check into the translated map file, the text remains in japanese. Anyone knows what could be causing this? Most other translations work fine

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nov 2, 2021
Hey everyone, hoping someone can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'm trying to translate Exorcism Shrine Maiden, but a specific line refuses to update, even with the translation added. If I check into the translated map file, the text remains in japanese. Anyone knows what could be causing this? Most other translations work fine
View attachment 1910174
Import translations rarely do this. Open the file you are currently translating with Notepad++ and manually correct the translated lines.
Important note, do it AFTER all edits in Translator++, as after manual edits Translator++ will refuse to edit the file.
I hope google translate understandable)

aran1265

Mar 16, 2019
Import translations rarely do this. Open the file you are currently translating with Notepad++ and manually correct the translated lines.
Important note, do it AFTER all edits in Translator++, as after manual edits Translator++ will refuse to edit the file.
I hope google translate understandable)
Sadly the file is a rvdata2 file, editing it in notepad++ makes the file unreadable by RPG Maker MV. Any better way to update the map file?

Nov 2, 2021
Sadly the file is a rvdata2 file, editing it in notepad++ makes the file unreadable by RPG Maker MV. Any better way to update the map file?
So the only good option is to download RPG Maker MV and open this file with it. I haven't tried it, but people have written that it works...
Write if you check. That would be helpful.

aran1265

Mar 16, 2019
So the only good option is to download RPG Maker MV and open this file with it. I haven't tried it, but people have written that it works...
Write if you check. That would be helpful.
Man, I feel stupid. Never thought of just opening it directly in RPG Maker VX Ace (Good thing they are on sale now)

Hopefully I'll only have a few spotchecks to do for the game once most of the translating is done, because finding the correct event to translate in RPG Maker interface is painful.

Thanks a million for the suggestion!

• Hey there

ZyFrusch

Jul 28, 2017
Hello! :)
I translated a whole game but only parts of the translation will be applied - like you can see here (caution: many screenshots :D):

1657986732395.png

1657986800801.png

1657986823348.png

After inspecting the Map159.json in the translated game I saw following differences:

1657987026256.png

So... I don't really know why it is translating "Please decide the name of the hero" but the other one not - theoretically it is just another raw / JSON entry which must be translated. But Translator++ decides not to apply the translation, instead it converts the source japanese string into a unicode japanese string.

Anybody experienced the same behaviour and could have a solution for that?

Greetings :)

Nov 2, 2021
Hello! :)
I translated a whole game but only parts of the translation will be applied - like you can see here (caution: many screenshots :D):

View attachment 1928846

Anybody experienced the same behaviour and could have a solution for that?

Greetings :)
It's a familiar case. The problem in some games, the program stumbles on the special characters in the translation and can not import it into the game. The most common variant is slash
Code:
\
Unfortunately there is no cure. Only manual editing of game files, to add translated text in them.

ZyFrusch

Jul 28, 2017
It's a familiar case. The problem in some games, the program stumbles on the special characters in the translation and can not import it into the game. The most common variant is slash
Code:
\
Unfortunately there is no cure. Only manual editing of game files, to add translated text in them.
Yea.. I got now a variant, where you can export the translated stuff into the corresponding directories:

1657992391857.png

And et voila - the strings are translated:

1657992425274.png

It's a bit hacky but should working for the moment :)

Thanks for the info!

• Hey there

negavamas

Dec 25, 2017
I'm having problems when applying the translation, I don't why but it breaks the game, it didn't do this before. For now I've only tried MV games but all of them are giving me some type of error. Any ideas?
error.jpg

tsart23

Mar 3, 2022
hi everyone, i am translating this game into my language, but it has a pretty annoying error like this, does anyone know how to fix this, help me.
1658660600376.png

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
O.K., first time trying to use this program here.

So I opened this game.exe using the 1.3 version I found on the original RPGM forum post, and it gave me all the info in the /data folder. I tinkered with it a bit, but I couldn't apply my translation. Trying to export did nothing, and there wasn't the "inject" feature from the newer versions of the program.

I downloaded the 3.75 version shared a few pages back, and with that version, if I try to open a new project with the exact same game, it only gives me the /js folder, not any of the /data. I can still open my old .trans save file.

Also, when I try to run the translated game, it says "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'meta' or null".

Nov 2, 2021
if I try to open a new project with the exact same game, it only gives me the /js folder, not any of the /data.
did you change the unpacking paths of the game? If not, everything is fine.
I can still open my old .trans save file.
This is where the mistake is made. The translation from the old file must be Imported to the new version of the program. Because the cache is not picked up. Start a new project, the new version of the program, then click Import here, select your translation file and start Importing. Try date first (bottom right corner in the Import), if the date does not Import, it happens, Import the translations (one at a time (bottom left corner in the Import) Screenshot_4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: AVM666

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
This is where the mistake is made. The translation from the old file must be Imported to the new version of the program. Because the cache is not picked up. Start a new project, the new version of the program, then click Import here, select your translation file and start Importing. Try date first (bottom right corner in the Import), if the date does not Import, it happens, Import the translations (one at a time (bottom left corner in the Import)
I imported the old .trans file, so now my object file list has both the /js directory and the /data directory. However, when I click "inject/apply translation" (with a test folder as the output directory) the game it outputs does not take my modifications into account.

I do not have the yellow triangle error over the cog icon.

Nov 2, 2021
the game it outputs does not take my modifications into
This happens if you start a new project, but for some reason the translator thinks that the files have changed. It remembers and does not change them again.
Unpack the new copy of the game, start the process over.
(Use the old translator to start the project, when unpacking is finished, do not save anything).
Then close the old translator, start a new project with the new version of the translator, import your saved data into it.
This should help, proven by personal experience.
(you can skip the brackets, but I recommend it, because new versions of the translator do not decompress well)

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
This happens if you start a new project, but for some reason the translator thinks that the files have changed. It remembers and does not change them again.
Unpack the new copy of the game, start the process over.
(Use the old translator to start the project, when unpacking is finished, do not save anything).
Then close the old translator, start a new project with the new version of the translator, import your saved data into it.
This should help, proven by personal experience.
(you can skip the brackets, but I recommend it, because new versions of the translator do not decompress well)
I can't get it to work. Now the old version doesn't open anything, and clicking the import button doesn't do anything either. The game I'm trying to work with already has a .trans file (someone did an MTL pass, and I want to do a manual translation), and I can open that, but it still doesn't register my changes. It's like the translator++ app doesn't read the \www directory or something. I was able to make changes by manually editing the .json files in the \www\data directory, but doing the entire game like that would be a nightmare.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote