Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I suddnly started getting this error massage
Your profile cannot be used because it is from a newer version of NW.js some features may be unavailable

What does it mean??
I'm quoting since I'm not using a PC:
This error is not related to the game actually at all, so it won't impact the game. The issue runs far deeper than this game actually.
This is due to your NW JS version having been changed at one point and then changed again after that. This is actually on your system and reinstalling/deleting the game won't fix it as the problem persists in your appdata, especially if you play multiple RPG Maker games by multiple people it may cause this if people play around with NW JS files
To solve:
1 Go to your app data folder in Windows (C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Local). If you can't find it, make sure you can see hidden folders.
2 Delete the folder "nwjs".
3 Go inside the folder 'User Data". Then go inside the folder "Default". Look for the files "Web Data" and "Web Data-journal". Delete these two files.
4 Launch MV and play test.
Hope it will help. :)

K1ndred

Oct 1, 2017
Hi! first, great game! Amazing! I loved it from the start when it was on beta. Now I will play it again, but I have a questions:

I want to change the name of one caracter, Jessica. I want to put it Larissa. If I change the file config.set It does have no result. I alredy reinstalled the game and even delete the config folder on my appdata folder, but nothing does what I want. Does anyone have any clue?

Modified file attached.

You probably have to change the "Jess" one as well

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
I'm quoting since I'm not using a PC:
This error is not related to the game actually at all, so it won't impact the game. The issue runs far deeper than this game actually.
This is due to your NW JS version having been changed at one point and then changed again after that. This is actually on your system and reinstalling/deleting the game won't fix it as the problem persists in your appdata, especially if you play multiple RPG Maker games by multiple people it may cause this if people play around with NW JS files
To solve:
1 Go to your app data folder in Windows (C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Local). If you can't find it, make sure you can see hidden folders.
2 Delete the folder "nwjs".
3 Go inside the folder 'User Data". Then go inside the folder "Default". Look for the files "Web Data" and "Web Data-journal". Delete these two files.
4 Launch MV and play test.
Hope it will help. :)
Worked like a charm, thank you very much.

Levi Sasuke

May 25, 2018
You need to die, go where's the pirate ship is, dive in and wait 'til you drown. :)
Thank you....And...another one....did you completed this 100%....i completed as much as I can....and Madelyn appears in church and ask all the treasures...what are the treasures??? Can you please answer me..

lokl

Feb 7, 2018
I am new to this game. I had an issue that all scenes are black screen no animation at all. Any idea ?!

PhineasFlynn

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2020
Thank you....And...another one....did you completed this 100%....i completed as much as I can....and Madelyn appears in church and ask all the treasures...what are the treasures??? Can you please answer me..
When you click on "empty pocket" there is bar on bottom. You need complete all, except one extra - last one give you Madalyn when you are done.
I am new to this game. I had an issue that all scenes are black screen no animation at all. Any idea ?!
Whats you system?
Try switch to low resolution.
If you are on Win and have more than one graphic card try switch to another. Also update your codecs, try CCCP or K-lite.

Reactions: Levi Sasuke

Levi Sasuke

May 25, 2018
Guys....I found a underground beneath the fountain of youth.....but, I can't go through the statue any ideas please??

lokl

Feb 7, 2018
When you click on "empty pocket" there is bar on bottom. You need complete all, except one extra - last one give you Madalyn when you are done.

Whats you system?
Try switch to low resolution.
If you are on Win and have more than one graphic card try switch to another. Also update your codecs, try CCCP or K-lite.
Win 8. I have lates update of codec

Silverdragon

Mar 22, 2018
So I have been on this thread for 30 minutes reading up some good drama...I just wanted to get a hint for a recipe location. Gud sht

Dragon_22

Feb 13, 2020
Guys i dont think you all know, but you can search whatever the questions you're having by searching on this thread. There's a tool for it.

Reactions: aaronburr
4.50 star(s) 509 Votes