VN Ren'Py Troubled Legacy [v0.0.28 Fix] [Blackthunder_vn]

3.30 star(s) 26 Votes

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
Macqael - Re: your review

It's a kinetic novel without the tag kinetic no choice at all in the V0.0.16.0
If you hate just read don't even download it.

The story is totally awful, we know who think what but you don't bother to explain some things for instance, why the hero choose to help or not help.

It's the first game I juste enable unseen text push ctrl and see no choice at all and don"t event tell it beforehand in the tags.

Edit : add one star since it damage to much the overall note of the game and since it's not a buggy game I don't want to arm to much the game.
Thanks for leaving the review, even if it stings a little.

We did try to submit a tag change to better manage expectations. We agree that it is an issue. We'll work on getting f95 to update or get control of the thread. The Kinetic Novel tag is supposed to be there. Planning on more choice and player control, but just setting the scene and getting used to building a game at the moment. So the kinetic tag is absolutely fair, and I can totally see being frustrated not being told that in advance.

As for the no explanation on why the MC decides to help, the way I think of it is that it's an emotional snap decision when he learns the daughter of his godmother is already wrapped up in this mess. There's not a lot of thought on his part. We did put in more dialog & narrative later to fill that out, largely in the family meeting the next day. You may have skipped over that. But good feedback nonetheless. Perhaps we'll consider going back over the first two days at some point (although that messes with the German translation and creates more work than you'd think).

Anyway, thanks for the feedback and hope this helps explain what we are up to.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
We did try to submit a tag change to better manage expectations. We agree that it is an issue. We'll work on getting f95 to update or get control of the thread. The Kinetic Novel tag is supposed to be there. Planning on more choice and player control, but just setting the scene and getting used to building a game at the moment. So the kinetic tag is absolutely fair, and I can totally see being frustrated not being told that in advance.
Just put something in the Genre or Developer Notes about choices. Giving some indication of future plans and tags would also be helpful. Then if people don't read it, it's on them.

Reactions: zenupstart
Jan 24, 2020

As for the no explanation on why the MC decides to help, the way I think of it is that it's an emotional snap decision when he learns the daughter of his godmother is already wrapped up in this mess. There's not a lot of thought on his part. We did put in more dialog & narrative later to fill that out, largely in the family meeting the next day. You may have skipped over that. But good feedback nonetheless. Perhaps we'll consider going back over the first two days at some point (although that messes with the German translation and creates more work than you'd think).

Well explained...

Osider

RedHead
Donor
Sep 23, 2019

Sure, thanks for the update, since I'm fair play and you have done what you do to that I will edit my review to reflect this change of course, my old review will remain in spoil tags (for those who want understand these comment here).
Hope too the choice will be real meaning and (if possible) have one or two choice for avoid sex scene with personnage we don't like (but some choice even if they are very rare are better than no choice at all ;)

Last edited:

Spiral-Out93

May 14, 2020
Is this the 16th release of this? If so, why so little tags? Not a criticism or anything, just a little curious and I might play this.

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
Spiral-Out93 it is the 3rd big release, but it is not as short as it sounds.

Test it hope you like it.
I would be happy if you would share your opinion with us on discord.
The link is on the mainmenu.

Greetings Blackthunder

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
Nazmul Sorry but no, you cant breakup with her.

edit: an breakup or to say it right jump over is only planned for the sidestorys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jsd16

Jsd16

May 18, 2020
I think it's because she said she fooled around with her friend , he doesn't like it .
I'm fine with it as long as we r the only male with the girls ( No sharing and No NTR ) and I hope they don't do it without us or without our permission in the future .
In harem some guys have no problem with female characters enjoying each other while we r having sex with them and some don't like it . I belong to the former category .
This is nice game , have to wait for future updates .

Apr 19, 2020
I think it's because she said she fooled around with her friend , he doesn't like it .
I'm fine with it as long as we r the only male with the girls ( No sharing and No NTR ) and I hope they don't do it without us or without our permission in the future .
In harem some guys have no problem with female characters enjoying each other while we r having sex with them and some don't like it . I belong to the former category .
Yeah that's why I said it. I don't mind lesbian action as long as the mc involved in it. Also she confessed that,she has fooled around with her friend despite they are both in relationship.which can be considered as cheating? isn't it?

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
No sharing with other males. Correct. We put that in the dev notes. Will be some limited coupling between some of the girls but not going wild with it. That's not going to be a constant element, merely occasionally reoccurring.

I suppose, now that I think of it, realized that some guys don't like their Harem members to fool around with each other. In this case it's the lynch pin of the motivation girl that encourages us to build a harem. Although not thinking she will be with all the girls. Her main other relationship is with Sienna. Won't rule out her appearance elsewhere tho. Sorry, we can't be all things to all people. That's a key foundational plot element. On the other hand Mary may not be around all the time, she's there for the weekend and lives in the dorm at this point as is the friend.

Hrmm I suppose we could potentially make the girl-girl sharing part be skippable or optional. We were planning on doing that with side girls who may represent less mainstream sexual activities. Wasn't really planning to do that here tho. Considered this all pretty mainstream acceptable. I guess if enough people told us otherwise we could reconsider.

Yeah that's why I said it. I don't mind lesbian action as long as the mc involved in it. Also she confessed that,she has fooled around with her friend despite they are both in relationship.which can be considered as cheating? isn't it?
Right so, I am with you that a lesbian side relationship certainly can be considered cheating depending on the agreements the couple has.

In this case, until Day 2 they were not in a committed relationship.

They actually have the conversation on screen.

They fooled around back when they lived in the trailer park starting on her 18th birthday... then she left for school and they left things open. Effectively any relationship was on break, and a secret.

Then she offers to be BF/GF with the MC on the condition that it's open. (But admittedly mostly talked about open for him.)

Day 3 she talks to him about her relationship with her roommate. He's fine with it, even before she draws the roommate into a threesome.

I suppose if she slept with her friend that night or that morning it could potentially have been cheating? But it's not stated that she did.

So no, as written in this particular case, I don't see her as a cheater. I coauthored a lot of that dialog with Blackthunder and I know neither of us wanted her to be that way.

Apr 19, 2020
No sharing with other males. Correct. We put that in the dev notes. Will be some limited coupling between some of the girls but not going wild with it. That's not going to be a constant element, merely occasionally reoccurring.

I suppose, now that I think of it, realized that some guys don't like their Harem members to fool around with each other. In this case it's the lynch pin of the motivation girl that encourages us to build a harem. Although not thinking she will be with all the girls. Her main other relationship is with Sienna. Won't rule out her appearance elsewhere tho. Sorry, we can't be all things to all people. That's a key foundational plot element. On the other hand Mary may not be around all the time, she's there for the weekend and lives in the dorm at this point as is the friend.

Hrmm I suppose we could potentially make the girl-girl sharing part be skippable or optional. We were planning on doing that with side girls who may represent less mainstream sexual activities. Wasn't really planning to do that here tho. Considered this all pretty mainstream acceptable. I guess if enough people told us otherwise we could reconsider.

Right so, I am with you that a lesbian side relationship certainly can be considered cheating depending on the agreements the couple has.

In this case, until Day 2 they were not in a committed relationship.

They actually have the conversation on screen.

They fooled around back when they lived in the trailer park starting on her 18th birthday... then she left for school and they left things open. Effectively any relationship was on break, and a secret.

Then she offers to be BF/GF with the MC on the condition that it's open. (But admittedly mostly talked about open for him.)

Day 3 she talks to him about her relationship with her roommate. He's fine with it, even before she draws the roommate into a threesome.

I suppose if she slept with her friend that night or that morning it could potentially have been cheating? But it's not stated that she did.

So no, as written in this particular case, I don't see her as a cheater. I coauthored a lot of that dialog with Blackthunder and I know neither of us wanted her to be that way.
Thanks for clarifying those matters.so I assume that sienna is or going to be main li?we cannot avoid her?

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
Thanks for clarifying those matters.so I assume that sienna is or going to be main li?we cannot avoid her?
I would ask again: Why would you want to?

I am serious about asking for the feedback. Always good to get outside one's own head to find out why people aren't reacting as expected to certain characters. Part of it is undoubtedly that we all have our own preferences, likes and dislikes. But sometimes it can reveal something that is fixable. Or can be used to make the story appeal to more people.

So honestly I'd like to know.

She's not cheating on anyone, so the issue with Mary doesn't apply.

She's not living in the house so won't be around all the time,not quite sure about her being a "Main".

At the very least is a plot important side girl.

We are at this point looking to add more choice into future releases, skipping encounters with side girls if you prefer. I don't think we were been planning to do it with Sienna at least for plot critical encounters, but I suppose it could happen.

Later on our plan is that you'll have times you can choose who you can interact with (spare moments where the plot isn't driving you forward), so if you like other girls more you can choose to go there instead or skip back to the plot if you prefer.

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner
3.30 star(s) 26 Votes