VN Ren'Py Troubled Legacy [v0.0.28 Fix] [Blackthunder_vn]

3.30 star(s) 26 Votes

Jsd16

May 18, 2020
Later on our plan is that you'll have times you can choose who you can interact with (spare moments where the plot isn't driving you forward), so if you like other girls more you can choose to go there instead or skip back to the plot if you prefer.
Pls don't add sandbox elements like free roam , map where u can move away from story and interact with side characters . A good kinetic VN is better than grinding SANDBOX . I personally like this as it is but some like VN with choices to avoid certain characters . I like both VN and kinetic VN . I personally would like if u added choices , add simple choices like great games like MNF or MNM where there will be 2 choices at most instead of 4 to 6 choices where we have a save to see all the choices and we have to miss a scene / event if we missed ( Just a suggestion ) .

Reactions: juan palote

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
Pls don't add sandbox elements like free roam , map where u can move away from story and interact with side characters . A good kinetic VN is better than grinding SANDBOX . I personally like this as it is but some like VN with choices to avoid certain characters . I like both VN and kinetic VN . I personally would like if u added choices , add simple choices like great games like MNF or MNM where there will be 2 choices at most instead of 4 to 6 choices where we have a save to see all the choices and we have to miss a scene / event if we missed ( Just a suggestion ) .
I think I mentioned we all have our preferences, yes?

The free roam stuff won't be full sandbox. You can skip it and the only thing you'll miss is developing relationships with side chars, and exploring their kinks. Might be maps but also might be short-circuiting it with phone interfaces (call someone for a date or booty call) or just option lists on what you can do now. I've seen a few pretty linear VNs use this kind of thing lately, and I think we make it not disruptive to the flow of the story.

Freeroam is not grinding. I work on Lab Rats 2 sometimes... believe me I know grind. Not doing that here.

One of the things I don't like is ending up locking away content due to a simple decision, so probably won't be missing scenes that way. At least not outside the ones you decide to miss on purpose.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
is it just me or feels the story rushed - a hell of
there are logic holes (as far as i played - house scene after michael) -
the mc acts suddenly here like he was criminal mastermind all the time :unsure:

Jsd16

May 18, 2020
The free roam stuff won't be full sandbox. You can skip it and the only thing you'll miss is developing relationships with side chars, and exploring their kinks. Might be maps but also might be short-circuiting it with phone interfaces (call someone for a date or booty call) or just option lists on what you can do now. I've seen a few pretty linear VNs use this kind of thing lately, and I think we make it not disruptive to the flow of the story.

Freeroam is not grinding. I work on Lab Rats 2 sometimes... believe me I know grind. Not doing that here.
U do know that all players that reviewed or complained is for lack of choices not for having features like free roam , maps , phone etc which are sandbox features . Majority don't like games when it comes to sandbox .

And turning a VN into sandbox where u have to check for bugs , errors sandbox version and time spent for sandbox features can be saved with writing nice story and faster updates .

If sandbox will be added for side characters and for romancing them . If I decided to skip free roam then I'll miss developing relationship with side characters then what is use in playing it ?

And Lab Rats 2 that is ur best example really man , I played it and uninstalled it in the start of it , it has worst grind than any other game sandbox .

All top VN games don't have sandbox elements like free roam , maps to go to places , phone for date & booty call exception being BADIK which is a sandbox where it has free roam inside which is only worst aspect of the game for me ( it would have been better without it ) and it has phone to msg girls and for apps , not for booty call or for calling a girl for date .

I am not saying to change ur ideas or change ur story . Just ask for people opinion or polls ( VN / SANDBOX ) before deciding it .

If it turns to Sandbox features which u have mentioned then this game is clearly not for me .

Reactions: juan palote

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
jsd16

Hi jsd16, just so nothing is misunderstood, Zenupstart and I have just talked about how it is possible to meet with girls / women u without affecting the story.

Some Player like an spezial character and wont some more time with her. Something like this so the MC can on some points in game (Not very often) he can call one or more Girls (Mary and Sienna for example or anyone) and make an "date" out of it.
Or just to meet at some place someone. Nothing more.

I think he was a bit hasty with what, how, where and so on. The phone will come for chats and pics. (but i need a good chat script first).

At this moment it was just an thought. Before something big comes there will be for sure an open poll and an discussion at discord.

If you have any other questions or so you and all others are welcome to our discord.

Here is the Link:

Feel free and come over. Hope my english was good enough.

Blackthunder

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
This, so much this, dont add sandbox, many of us will leave.

You already have a playerbase without sandbox, dont shot yourself on your foot Dev. If you want to create a sandbox game, make it another and do it from the start

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I think I mentioned we all have our preferences, yes?

One of the things I don't like is ending up locking away content due to a simple decision, so probably won't be missing scenes that way. At least not outside the ones you decide to miss on purpose.
Please no free roam, do it on another game from the start, dont change a game that already have followers and spit on them by changing the gameplay, that is not cool

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
The sharing is what puts me off to this. Yes, I know, it's not with other guys, but, I'm selfish and don't want the girls touching each other. I'm not judging others for liking it, it's just not for me. As for the main gf, well, I'm one of those people who would rather choose my own.

Anyway, just my 2cents. I'll come back once the VN part has been implemented.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
But is an Harem not as you say sharing too?

Mary, Sienna and MC have an triple they have an relationship together.
Mc can touch both at the same time.
Not if it's done right. You don't need to let the girls touch each other. Everyone seems to believe that a harem has to have lesbian sex. It doesn't, if it's done right. But, I think offering a choice to not allow it would be good. I mean it's the MC's/player's harem, it should be their rules that should be followed. Not forced. Sure, it would make the game have less lewd scenes, but, if the story is good, lewds should take a back seat anyway.

Once again, this is just my opinion.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
The lesbian part in an minimum, with they three MC is the Captain.

But I find Mary and Sienna very sweet and good for the MC.
Of course and I'm not telling you how to write your story. Just explaining how I and maybe others think. I just prefer a choice. I'm not saying that you're wrong and I'm right. It's your story. Tell it your way.

3.30 star(s) 26 Votes